• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor : Possible info on next Mario Kart and 3D Mario game

Stafford

I searched the forum and couldn't find a thread. So here we go. Is this a reputable source at all, this guy called Zippo?

Nintendo insider and leaker, Zippo, who claims the next Mario Kart game is set to be not on Nintendo Switch, but its successor, dubbed the Nintendo Switch 2 by many thanks to rumors and reports that it will be a successor to the Switch.

Even more specific than this, Zippo claims the game will release during the holiday season of 2025, which is to say, near the end of the year. Adding to this, it's claimed that it is in development by Nintendo EPD Production Group 9 with Bandai Namco Studios set to serve as co-developer. These are the two teams that shipped Mario Kart 8.

"Additionally, Nintendo are sparring absolutely no expense with this game," adds Zippo. "This is apparently one of the most expensive games Nintendo has ever put into production. The next 3D Mario title is said to be 'absolutely dropping' and this apparently looks even better. The game's visual fidelity is said to be a very high priority for them, meaning the game is gonna look good, damn good."

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
Spoiler: it'll be just like the last one with prettier graphics, and slightly modified tracks.

Sojiro

I doubt this person knows anything, but I don't think anyone was thinking MK9 to be hitting the OG switch by this point so that is a pretty safe prediction. I would like to see MK be a launch title for the next system, as that would be a killer app for the new system, and will sell all through its life just as the port of a Wii U game has for the current switch.

Last edited:

Ristifer

"The next 3D Mario title is said to be 'absolutely dropping' and this apparently looks even better."

The fuck does that even mean?

Ozriel

M$FT
You could bet your balls on there being a new Mario Kart game by 2025, so the ‘insider’ doesn’t add much value.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Rumor: Take this with a grain of salt but I’m hearing Luigi is in the next Mariokart. It will also feature some new tracks and look a little nicer.

I don’t want to reveal my sources on this.

Davevil

200w.gif

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Nintendo is making a new Mario and Mario Kart game

HMMM YA DON’T SAY….

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
"The next 3D Mario title is said to be 'absolutely dropping' and this apparently looks even better."

The fuck does that even mean?
Didn’t you read? It clearly said Nintendo is sparring no expense. Obviously the game will be absolutely dropping and look even better.

Last edited:

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
National-Lampoon-s-Vacation-national-lampoons-vacation-26811828-720-480.jpg

Go through two lights and head down the alley on your left. If you see a drunk stumbling around, that’s Zippo. Tell him you’re my boy and he’ll tell you about Mario Kart on Switch 2.

The game's visual fidelity is said to be a very high priority for them

i can see it happening.
nintendo's been developing good looking games on potato hardware (switch) for the longest time.
first time i booted up luigi's mansion i thought to myself, "nintendo, you crazy".

now theyre getting new hardware + dlss... what they produce may surprise a lot of people.

Well 2024 has to have a 3D Mario, otherwise I don't know would launch the next system. We know it isn't Zelda 🤷‍♂️. Metroid Prime 4 is likely cross-gen, and it isn't going to sell hardware like Mario does. Assuming the system launches holiday 2024, it has to have some kind of major AAA big brand to go alongside it. So if it's not the next 3D Mario, maybe it's that rumored DK game that the 3D Mario team (EPD Tokyo) is rumored to be working on.

Only way a major Zelda launches next year is if it's a AAA remake/reboot of an older game that an external development partner has secretly been working on in hiding. Grezzo seems a little small for this, but then again we haven't seen anything major from them (that we know of) since 2019. Miitopia was a small-scale project, and lately all we know is they made a mobile game.

Last edited:

Robb

Gold Member
i can see it happening.
nintendo's been developing good looking games on potato hardware (switch) for the longest time.
first time i booted up luigi's mansion i thought to myself, "nintendo, you crazy".

now theyre getting new hardware + dlss... what they produce may surprise a lot of people.
We’ll see. I’m sure their games are going to look great, as they often do.

But it’s not like “Switch 2” is going to offer something we haven’t already seen. It’ll likely be a Ps4 with DLSS. I just see no point in them suddenly prioritizing graphics over what they usually do. Their hardware will continue to be outdated and smart development decisions and artstyles will continue to carry them.

Last edited:

Dorfdad

Gold Member
Hmm if this is true and I’m not sure it is, but that would mean we’re going to have to wait at least another year for the switch 2 to release which would be a major shame. I believe this and Metroid will be their launch titles unless they cooking up a new DK. No hopes for an announcement this year so that means announcement in feb / march with release in aug/sep IMHO right before holiday 2024

i can see it happening.

Agreed. Nintendo knows how to make a pretty game. And so far it sounds like the next-gen Swith is all about getting much prettier games.

Kikorin

Lol what are these info, these are basic guesses that anyone with a working brain could do.

Mario Kart 9 will be on Switch 2? Wow, really they'll release it for the next console? Switch is only 7 years old after all!

It will looks good? Mmmh I don't know, Mario Kart 8 was released more than 10 years ago on 2 gen old console and still is the most beautiful looking Nintendo game out there, but... 🤔

Next Mario 3D will looks good too? Well, Odyssey is top-3 most beautiful looking Switch game out there and 3D Mario games always looked phenomenal for Nintendo console capabilities, but you telling me the next one will not be the first bad looking one in history? Amazing!

These "insiders" know nothing, the only one that really knows things is Pyoro because he never guessed anything wrong until today.

Last edited:
Top Bottom