• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor - Zen5 X3D CPUs might launch in September

winjer

Gold Member

Our source on the Computex show floor tells us AMD plans to launch 9000X3D processors in September. This matches the staggered release of X870E motherboards that we anticipate will arrive the same month. There’s no hard indication of which CPUs will arrive first, but an educated guess from historical releases suggests it’ll likely start with Ryzen 9 9950X3D and possibly Ryzen 9 9900X3D.

There was a level of confidence behind our source’s words, and they’re trustworthy enough to put stock into. That said, familiarity with how nebulous AMD’s launch schedules are urges taking this with a pinch of salt. Nothing’s confirmed until you have a sample in your hand as dates can easily change.

Usually AMD takes over half a year to release the X3D parts. But this time around, it might be just a few months.
Also, AMD is promising some undisclosed improvements to the 3D caches.
If true, this Autumn will be very interesting.

We have a lot to say about X3D. The bottom line is that we are not resting on our laurels. We are improving the capabilities of X3D, which is really exciting and I am very much looking forward to discussing this with you all. It's not like, hey, we put X3D in the chip, too. We're actively working on really cool differentiators to make it better. We're working on X3D, we're improving it.

Donny Woligroski - Senior Technical Marketing Manager, AMD

winjer

Gold Member
Not rich enough, but I suppose my 5600X and RX 7700 XT are still good enough for 1440p.... right?

.... I tell myself while high on copium.

The 7800X3D is already as low as 339$ in several shops. And the 7950X3D at 499$.
As Zen5 launch got closer, prices have gone down quite a bit. Maybe it will lower a bit more, closer to 300$, just like the 5800X3D.

analog_future

Resident Crybaby
Black Widow Avengers GIF

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
The 7800X3D is already as low as 339$ in several shops. And the 7950X3D at 499$.
As Zen5 launch got closer, prices have gone down quite a bit. Maybe it will lower a bit more, closer to 300$, just like the 5800X3D.

Microcenter has it for $319, and they have a bundle for 32 GB 6000MHz RAM/B650-E mobo/CPU for $479. Also they give you $20 off if you buy it with any compatible motherboard.

Damn it’s nice living near Microcenter

Last edited:

lachesis

I would love if 9950 x3d will have fix that hampered 7950 x3d's gaming performance.... that would be a beast.

analog_future

Resident Crybaby
I hope they don't stagger the 9800X3D release compared to the 9950X3D and the 9900X3D like they did with the Ryzen 7 CPUs.

Honestly it's all kind of confusing to me as the 7800X3D outperforms both the 7900X3D and 7950X3D in gaming. Is the expectation that we'll see the same results with the 9000 X3D CPUs?

Last edited:
Top Bottom