• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

rumors: VF5, Daytona-like Racer on NAOMI 3 - ImgTech PowerVR5 revealed on Monday?

GigaDrive

Banned
http://opa-ages.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=13161

Apparantly Imagination Technologies is gonna announce the PVR5/6 on monday

and check this out aswell-

writen by sonic

There are three videos floating around the office on one disc. It's a DVD and from what I can tell it is MPEG2 and the quality is very high. One is of a blue ninja in a very detailed evironment. This ninja is Kage and the detail on him alone is much higher than it was in VF4. Just looking at the environments (remember this is Kage doing a kata) are incredible. Best looking I have ever seen from within this company, and that is saying a lot! This is but a small glimpse of VF5 and what it will look like. Naomi3 is the arcade board of choice, but who knows what Sammy will push on. I haven't seen actual hardware myself and don't really know for sure if it's even in the hands of developers here, but I would assume so now.

The other was a car racing game akin to Daytona but just a small demo of a circuit. The other I will not mention.

This sonic guy works at sega of america

Culex

Banned
No doubt linking to OA is funny by itselft, but linking to a forum for a story, which got the story from another forum that turned out to be Nvidia's SLI, NOT PVR 5! is even funnier!

:)

Kudie

I hope this is true, as any news on VF5 is welcome, albeit from a questionable source. :p Can't wait for VF5. Does anyone have an idea as to whether VF5will come out on this generation of consoles or the next?

Top Bottom