• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Runa | Official Announcement Trailer | April 16 on Kickstarter

game_600.png

Runa is an adventure game inspired by modern and classic JRPG, with turn-based battle system, social links and a story-rich science fantasy world. Promising to keep intact what makes classic JRPG games fun, Runa also features elemental puzzles and base building, as well as minigames like farming, fishing and cooking.

runa_environments.gif

Runa is set in a world in which runas symbolize the technological advancements of an ancient civilization. Whether for domestic use or combat, the use of runas is key. Only some people, known as adepts, are able to fully control them and unleash their true powers.

features_600.png
  • Explore a huge world​

The world of Runa is a colorful and vibrant fantasy one, but also full of mysteries and sci-fi elements. Follow the journey of a group of adventurers who, driven by their unique motivations, find themselves traveling the world and unraveling all its hidden secrets.​
  • Fight turn-based battles​

The "Elemental Break System" is a battle system inspired by JRPG classics: turn-based battles with ordered turns, elemental affinities and strategical approach. With 4 active and a total of 7 party members, that can be swapped anytime -no turn wasted-, group ultimates, and a lot of powerful skills!

runa_combat.gif
  • Relationships and romance​

Date different characters individually to strengthen your relationships with them. If you're trying to find that special someone in the world of Runa, you'll have more than 15 romance options, including same-gender relationships.

characters_600.png
  • Solve elemental puzzles​

Solve a wide variety of elemental riddles, with 7 different elements and 12 elemental skills at your disposal. Engage in quick puzzles in both the overworld and cities, and navigate dungeons designed around unique puzzle combinations.​
  • Base building and minigames​

Build your own base in the city of Enyth by creating and enhancing buildings according to your preferences. Recruiting certain characters or completing important quests unlock the creation of some buildings, including: Residences, Canteen, Dojo, Lab, Farm, Runa Research Center, Antique Shop...

runa_dialogue_v2.gif
  • And more...​

• Weather & Time changes​
  • Day and Night cycle​
  • Mixed calendar system​
  • Elaborate dialogue system with choices​
  • No silent protagonist​
  • Elaborate quests​
  • Hand-painted minimaps​

It looks like classic Tales or better yet Xenoblade mixed with Persona so it def has my curiosity! 👀

Devs have also mentioned on X that it might come to consoles sometime after the Steam release. 🤞

CC Danjin44 Danjin44 just in case it might interest you.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
After watching a bit of the trailer I got the "UE5 asset flip" vibes, went to check and indeed, it's being developed in UE5.

I think it's the cheap motion-blur. Hopefully they are able to improve the visual presentation a little bit and make it look more unique.

KXVXII9X

The game "looks" pretty but I feel like a lot of indie devs try to bite off way more than they can chew but making these huge worlds. When you start playing it feels so janky and unpolished. The combat especially looks rough. I also feel like making it more unique and increasing the overall presentation will help it stand out better. Thankfully, it looks like there is still time to make changes.

The game "looks" pretty but I feel like a lot of indie devs try to bite off way more than they can chew but making these huge worlds. When you start playing it feels so janky and unpolished. The combat especially looks rough. I also feel like making it more unique and increasing the overall presentation will help it stand out better. Thankfully, it looks like there is still time to make changes.
They're a small indie studio with only 3 devs at the moment, but if the Kickstarter is successful, I'm sure they'll hire more devs to assist them in further polishing the game.

Anyway, I'm leaving the link to their kickstarter page here since I forgot to add it to the OP.

KXVXII9X

They're a small indie studio with only 3 devs at the moment, but if the Kickstarter is successful, I'm sure they'll hire more devs to assist them in further polishing the game.

Anyway, I'm leaving the link to their kickstarter page here since I forgot to add it to the OP.
Thanks for the link! I kind of figured they are a really small indie studio hence the Kickstarter to help with funding. I hope it does develop more and they could get an even bigger team. At the moment it kind of gives me of Edge of Eternity vibes.

Comandr

Something something mysterious ancient civilization, forgettable designs, animu waifus.

bored christopher walken GIF

I wish them success but this … scenario has been done to death.

They've secured the funding they needed from the Kickstarter campaign.

GAF should start a collection plate where we pool our money to design the best Waifu

9AIf2tE.png

Tbh, I'm not particularly impressed with the character design for their waifus. The husbandos on the other hand do look great lol.

Last edited:
Top Bottom