• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sad State of Splinter Cell Franchise and Sam Fisher (Video Inside)

mansoor1980

not a good time to root for sam fisher
raac0wh.gif

not to derail, but it sucks ubi is sitting on the tom clancy brand. so many opportunities there, and all we get is exploitative bullshit like the division and their recent f2p fps

R6Rider

Gold Member
It sucks that we never got more, and probably never will in the same style as the old ones or even Blacklist.

I'm still hoping for a remaster of 1-3 (or 1-4), but any new Splinter Cell game would be targeted towards GAAS.

EDMIX

I don get it why ppl are upset. It comes when it comes, there are plenty of games out there.

Agreed.

People bitch when its milked and nothing new is done.

People bitch when its too far removed and barely "splinter cell"

My god...stfu and be happy they are not destroying the series and allowing it to come WHEN IT COMES!

I stopped giving a fucking about crying over shit like this when several things happened... Star Fox completely raped and fucked up by Nintendo, all they had to fucking do was make the ship go straight and the occasional all range mode and was like "how about dinosaurs and be out of da ship", they had 1 fucking job, of a damn title that moved MILLIONS of units, they kept fucking it up as if the god damn series was rocket science, if any other publisher had that series, we would have been had several classic titles in a row vs 2 good games out of 12 lol

Next is Konami in general (was going to say Metal Gear Solid series, but shit Konami in general is the issue here), the situation with that whole fucking publisher is so bad, we are simply hoping that its BOUGHT OUT, IPs sold, outsourced to a team that gives a fuck etc in order to even have a hope of getting a good Castlevania, Metal Gear, Silent Hill, Zone Of Ender etc. Yet folks out here crying about a "when" vs a "if"....

Another great example is CDPR entire situation with Cyberpunk 2077. Nevermind wanting ANOTHER Splinter Cell, the fans of that game simply want 1 fucking title that was promised years ago, by a company now being sued for lying about many things, of a game thats function is literally archaic, of a company trying to force 500 to do the job of 1500..... trust when I'm saying this, wanting another Splinter Cell title is easier then wanting CP2077 TO EXIST as a normal fucking working title with all features promised actually working, functional etc.

My point here folks, please stfu about this crap, it could be far worse. You could be getting that IP destroyed entry after entry, we could be in a situation where the publisher doesn't give a shit about ANY of their projects at all, we could be in a point of literal fraud and the publisher under funding, trying to force a team of 500 to do the job of 1500 etc. In this respect, I'm 100% ok with them sitting the IP out UNTIL they have a great idea, plan, what have you for a regular normal Splinter Cell title. Anytime folks cry over this, understand.....we just have to wait for one, the above fuck ups above outside of a legit buyout of another company might not have a hope of getting those things. Its why I don't care THAT much that the IP with the single player stuff is on hold, let them bring it when its ready and they have ideas folks.

Last edited:

Aldynes

It's sad, I think the combination of having a lack of games in this genre (aside maybe Hitman still around but is very different) and the way Ubisoft milk it's franchises and streamline most of their games to be in the same formula nowadays + GAAS, makes the absence of Splinter Cell even more problematic.

Agreed.

People bitch when its milked and nothing new is done.

People bitch when its too far removed and barely "splinter cell"

My god...stfu and be happy they are not destroying the series and allowing it to come WHEN IT COMES!

I stopped giving a fucking about crying over shit like this when several things happened... Star Fox completely raped and fucked up by Nintendo, all they had to fucking do was make the ship go straight and the occasional all range mode and was like "how about dinosaurs and be out of da ship", they had 1 fucking job, of a damn title that moved MILLIONS of units, they kept fucking it up as if the god damn series was rocket science, if any other publisher had that series, we would have been had several classic titles in a row vs 2 good games out of 12 lol

Next is Konami in general (was going to say Metal Gear Solid series, but shit Konami in general is the issue here), the situation with that whole fucking publisher is so bad, we are simply hoping that its BOUGHT OUT, IPs sold, outsourced to a team that gives a fuck etc in order to even have a hope of getting a good Castlevania, Metal Gear, Silent Hill, Zone Of Ender etc. Yet folks out here crying about a "when" vs a "if"....

Another great example is CDPR entire situation with Cyberpunk 2077. Nevermind wanting ANOTHER Splinter Cell, the fans of that game simply want 1 fucking title that was promised years ago, by a company now being sued for lying about many things, of a game thats function is literally archaic, of a company trying to force 500 to do the job of 1500..... trust when I'm saying this, wanting another Splinter Cell title is easier then wanting CP2077 TO EXIST as a normal fucking working title with all features promised actually working, functional etc.

My point here folks, please stfu about this crap, it could be far worse. You could be getting that IP destroyed entry after entry, we could be in a situation where the publisher doesn't give a shit about ANY of their projects at all, we could be in a point of literal fraud and the publisher under funding, trying to force a team of 500 to do the job of 1500 etc. In this respect, I'm 100% ok with them sitting the IP out UNTIL they have a great idea, plan, what have you for a regular normal Splinter Cell title. Anytime folks cry over this, understand.....we just have to wait for one, the above fuck ups above outside of a legit buyout of another company might not have a hope of getting those things. Its why I don't care THAT much that the IP with the single player stuff is on hold, let them bring it when its ready and they have ideas folks.
You lucky mods here, i would have gave one hell of nasty and fitting reply to your nonsense post

But you not worth it.

Currently moving through the entire franchise and made it to Conviction. Found the first game to be entertaining, couldn't play Pandora Tomorrow since it's unavailable, checked out Chaos Theory but found the story and environments somewhat boring and uninstalled, Double Agent was awesome and is my favourite thus far.

Last edited:
I'm just grateful for the good times we had back in the early days of Splinter Cell. Every good thing must come to an end sooner or later. Just ignore the crap coming out today and keep your hype in check.

ShadowLag

When recent rumors suggest Metal Gear might be coming back from the depths of FucKonami Hell before a new SC game is released, you know something's wrong.

Last edited:

Camreezie

I feel for you splinter cell fans. Hopefully some day it gets a new release. Never gonna happen but an IO splinter cell would be interesting

Blond

Banned
Everyone should buy a copy of Blacklist on PC and play it proper. That game should’ve launched on PS4/X1

Ozrimandias

@

Nah, I’m good. They’re doing us a favor by not making a new game. Have you seen Ghost Recon lately? The series used to be more hardcore than Splinter Cell. Now it’s an MMO-lite à la Destiny. Let Splinter Cell rest.
This.
I don't want Ubisuck to prostitute and degenerate my Splinter Cell as they did with Ghost Recon, Rainbow Six, and Assassins Creed. Let Sam rest in peace. While....I'm not buying any other Ubisoft title.

Barakov

It sucks that we never got more, and probably never will in the same style as the old ones or even Blacklist.

I'm still hoping for a remaster of 1-3 (or 1-4), but any new Splinter Cell game would be targeted towards GAAS.

Honestly, I'd rather it die than get a new SC riddled with GAAS elements.

WitchHunter

Banned
People need to realize that nuthugging hurts these games. The game sold above 1 million units, the publisher knows that people are hooked like a cocaine addict, but the more people jump up and down like a caged monkey the more they squeeze them. So in the end even if you have to move a cube around and the only action you are allowed is a loud fart, people will not care they will devour it like its a fuckin masterpiece. And later realize they just paid 60 bucks for a game that was subpar, and the merchandise included is a roll of half used toilet paper.

Just sit tight, like a spider in its web.

Mr.ODST

The multiplayer was an absolute godsend and one of the best experiences with PT & CT, its annoying they aren't even touching it or someone even remaking it.

Chiggs

Gold Member
Everyone should buy a copy of Blacklist on PC and play it proper. That game should’ve launched on PS4/X1

I'm surprising even myself by saying this, but I would recommend people buy it on Series X, if they've got one. Right now it's $5.99 and the title runs at 4k and with HDR. Achievements are the cherry on top.

Blond

Banned
I'm surprising even myself by saying this, but I would recommend people buy it on Series X, if they've got one. Right now it's $5.99 and the title runs at 4k and with HDR. Achievements are the cherry on top.
Also a great option! Is it 60 as well?

bender

What time is it?
Chaos Theory is such a great game. I still need to play the OG Xbox version of Double Agent. It is sad what happened to the series afterwards.

Exactly what I said. The environments are pretty much copied and pasted with smeared shit all over the walls and there isn’t even enough incentive to move through them with little story or villain character development.

At least Double Agent does something fresh and exciting with environment variety and enjoyable mission objectives, not to mention characters that actually stand out from the crowd. Chaos Theory probably offers the most nostalgia and content as there’s a campaign, cooperative mode and multiplayer, but my experiences of the story mode was mixed.

Last edited:

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
I look at Ubisoft games as one yes Valhalla is a different situation than ghost recon’s Bolivia but if someone told me rainbow six, splinter cell, ghost recon, and the division were the same game I would believe you.

Top Bottom