• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Samus is in Geist

Took this today while playing it.

Also I totally posessed a shower head and watched a hot naked girl shower, though her naughty bits were covered by bubbles.

Ruzbeh

Banned
Schafer said:
That are really lame looking textures and not even actual 3d objects.
They look 3d (+1 n-space). And they're huge. My point is, where would you find lockers like that with such huge security locks? (-50 n-space)
StrikerObi said:
The ones you could open didn't have locks.
That makes sense (+1 n-space).

GI gave it a 6.5 and 6. I think this will be like Killer 7. Some will "get it" and really enjoy it, while others will just pass it off as a failed attempt at an FPS with a poltergeist gimmick.

Honestly, from what I've played so far I don't understand scores that low. Maybe there is somthing lurking later in the game that will ruin it, I don't know. The story is nice and gripping so far, the graphics are good (better than the screens let on), the sound is good (it has the best Dolby Pro Logic II Surround I've ever heard in a game). My only real issue with the game is the controls. They are a little rough, but it's not nSpace's fault. The problems arise from the C-Stick sucking for dual-analog setups like this game uses.

I hear multiplayer is a blast but I'm at home and can't play it right now. I only have one controller with me.

ratcliffja said:
GI gave it a 6.5 and 6. I think this will be like Killer 7. Some will "get it" and really enjoy it, while others will just pass it off as a failed attempt at an FPS with a poltergeist gimmick.

The game has a lot more in common wit Zelda than it does Goldeneye. It's very much a First Person Adventure akin to Metroid Prime. If you play it like it's a first person shooter I could see how you might think it's not so hot.

There are multiple ways to acomplish things like getting through areas. You can go gung-ho and kill everything, but personally I find it more fun to figure out the way to go through it without killing everybody. It's more of a challenge.

Leatherface

StrikerObi said:
Took this today while playing it.

geistsamus0xi.jpg

Also I totally posessed a shower head and watched a hot naked girl shower, though her naughty bits were covered by bubbles.

So man...tell us what you think. Is it better then what people give it credit for?

sangreal said:
Something tells me you wouldn't read it if he did post ;)

Ahaha. Indeed.

Thanks for the impressions, was a game I was always kind of interested in if only for its concept. I might end up (re)buying a GC, and this'll prolly be in the bargain bin when I get around to doing so, maybe I'll check it out.

Drakken

Hmm...regardless of the reviews, I'm definitely interested in this, due to the whole possession aspect. I'll probably try to trade for it.

Please continue the impressions as you play further. :)

metsallica said:
Does it have a progressive scan mode?

Yes. I wouldn't have been able to take that picture without progressive scan. The game supports 480p, has a widescreen mode, and the best damn surround I've ever heard come out of Dolby Pro Logic II (granted I haven't heard much surround in DPL2, but it's way better than Metroid Prime's).

holy crap did the developers keep the little portraits of your character next to the life meter that runs as you do? That looked SOOOOO cheesy.

Ninja Scooter said:
holy crap did the developers keep the little portraits of your character next to the life meter that runs as you do? That looked SOOOOO cheesy.

Yes. Actually Miyamoto suggested this feature. Supposedly it could be confusing if you forgot what exactly you were possessing. Smart idea if you ask me, though I'll admit it is a tiny bit cheesy.

StrikerObi said:
Yes. I wouldn't have been able to take that picture without progressive scan. The game supports 480p, has a widescreen mode, and the best damn surround I've ever heard come out of Dolby Pro Logic II (granted I haven't heard much surround in DPL2, but it's way better than Metroid Prime's).
"He who shall not be named" insinuated it didn't in a recent update, but I guess it was just an issue with the build he was playing.

I put a few more hours into the game. I'm still not understanding EGM's score. This game's story is very compelling and the execution is solid. I'm stilly having minor issues with the C-stick, and the overall difficulty of the game isn't really too hard but the possession stuff is so cool it makes up for both of these.

For those wondering, I tried multiplayer with bots but I had no clue what was going on. You're gonna need people to have fun.

evilromero said:
Sale +1. Seriously. That screen shot makes me want to own this game.

Wow....that's terrible. And yes, some chick do that with their tits when they realize there shirt doesn't fit in with the situation (being around adults, church)

Leatherface

StrikerObi said:
I did. Maybe you should read the whole thread before you reply next time.

I did read the whole thread. You were pretty vague. I get the impression you like it but I want to know how much so. Is this a and 8/10 game? Is this only a renter? I'm not a fucking mind reader here people. christ. =P

Top Bottom