• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SAND LAND - Sandstorm Trailer

Nonehxc

Haha 😄

I was gonna answer with 'Darude' to your post, then I read the quote and was like 😓

...then I watched the trailer and I was like hahaha well played Bandai. 😅

I must be one of the select few that still has his SandLand tome from 23 years ago in pristine condition, will post a few pics later. 🤓

Last edited:

John Bilbo

Old Man Dancing GIF by TV4
conan obrien finland GIF by Team Coco

StereoVsn

Oh god, Darude, that song was everywhere when it came out. I am pretty sure I still have a few CDs with it, maybe even the OG album.

I am now tempted to get this game just because.

STARSBarry

Gold Member
Yeah the demo sucked, still want to give it a chance though barring any egregiously bad reviews.

Agree with that, but I suspect it sucked because it told you nothing and dumped you in the desert with no context or quest.

I think once the player is given a bit of direction the game will be much better as I don't understand why I'm repairing towers etc, one trailer showed a home base city you slowly upgrade.

Honestly I think the demo made me rethink buying it, but I did have a lot of fun with the tank combat.

Stafford

Famitsu review score

SAND LAND (PS5, PS4, Xbox Series) – 8/8/10/9 [35/40]
  • The story takes about 20 to 30 hours to clear, or over 100 hours with side activities.

Do they easily throw around high ratings or nah? I want this game to be good sooooo badly, because I love how it looks. The combat on foot and in vehicles was fun in the demo, it looked great but it also gave me the impression there is fuck all to do in this map. But then all of the trailers show the exact opposite.

Have there even been previews?

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Y1658Oh.png

Wasn't this robot in Dragon Ball? Was it a cross-over back then? Or has it been cross-over'd now? :goog_relieved:

Bullet Club

Do they easily throw around high ratings or nah?

They do, and they are well known for being a bit dodgy. More reviews should start popping up in the next few days.

Some previews:

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Hey, I've seen that robot in DBZ Kakarot about a million times.
Had to double check to make sure I wasn't tripping lol. Indeed, he appears in Dragon Ball.

2f8e270a-7901-4c2b-957d-5af0866d5cc7_keyartofficialvideoimage.jpg

Always loved the design of this guy. Toriyama sure nailed vehicles, weapons, robots and any kind of machinery.

kiphalfton

Had to double check to make sure I wasn't tripping lol. Indeed, he appears in Dragon Ball.

2f8e270a-7901-4c2b-957d-5af0866d5cc7_keyartofficialvideoimage.jpg

Always loved the design of this guy. Toriyama sure nailed vehicles, weapons, robots and any kind of machinery.

It is a great design. The art style of OG Dragon Ball is fantastic.

If it is an Easter egg in Sand Land, hopefully they use it ONCE (which should have been the case in Dragon Ball Kakarot, but sadly the enemies were recycled to hell and back in that game).

Stafford

When will the reviews drop?

Found the first western one.

8.0!

Pros:

Great visuals and music.

Story is entertaining as are the characters and their dynamics.

Fun vehicle combat with great customisation.

Cons

• Crummy land combat.
  • Overworld has odd invisible boundaries among other quirks.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
I’m going between this and stellar blade this weekend.

I love Toriyamas work. Sand land is a nice quick and fun read.

This getting a game is mind boggling to me AND it’s well thought out. The team clearly loved the source material.

Looks to scratch that itch of a fun PS2 action game in all the right ways.

Stafford

I’m going between this and stellar blade this weekend.

I love Toriyamas work. Sand land is a nice quick and fun read.

This getting a game is mind boggling to me AND it’s well thought out. The team clearly loved the source material.

Looks to scratch that itch of a fun PS2 action game in all the right ways.

I've only watched episode 2 of the anime and already loving it. So the anime will likely be brief too then? That's good for a change, instead of yet another anime that goes on and on, and on.

Arsic

I've only watched episode 2 of the anime and already loving it. So the anime will likely be brief too then? That's good for a change, instead of yet another anime that goes on and on, and on.
The manga is just one book. I read it all in about a hour and a half?

It’s quick short and to the point. Unsure if the anime may take liberties to extend it or go past the end of the manga.

The game already plans to add what happens after the ending of the manga but Akira wrote it so it’ll be quality.

Stafford

It’s quick short and to the point. Unsure if the anime may take liberties to extend it or go past the end of the manga.

The game already plans to add what happens after the ending of the manga but Akira wrote it so it’ll be quality.

Awesome. But I need to make sure to at least finish the anime before I play the game. Man it's such a goddamned shame the good man isn't here to see all this.

In the XboxEra I don't read anything about the map not being great, how there's not much to do. So it really seems it was just a bad demo.

Last edited:
One e-book apparently. "Sold exclusively in stores" and it's out of stock everywhere. A shame.

edit: I have three games ready to trade it to get this game, and I snagged a scalped copy of the manga locally. Will I play this or Stellar Blade first?

Last edited:

Arsic

One e-book apparently. "Sold exclusively in stores" and it's out of stock everywhere. A shame.

edit: I have three games ready to trade it to get this game, and I snagged a scalped copy of the manga locally. Will I play this or Stellar Blade first?
Wow. It really is out of stock everywhere. Insane!

I plan to play stellar blade first. Likely redoing the demo section since I forgot the tutorial controls.

I’ll play a little bit after that section then give sandland a whirl.

Top Bottom