• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Scientists upload horse gif into bacteria

In a dark future, a deadly plague sweeps across the land. It kills indiscriminately. No one really knows where it came from, but a few old men with sombre faces remember old tales about gifs being uploaded into bacteria. Gifs became memes. It wasn't long after that the pestilence struck. Maybe mankind had gone too far and this was their punishment.

A man starts coughing violently in the corner.

Another man swears loudly, "Oh shit!", recognising the tell tale signs.

The others in the room realise they're already dead. The coughing mans face turns green as he contorts in his death throes. The last whisper from his bloodied, split lips:
"Here comes Dat Plague."
10/10

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
So in the future we can take all bacteria with a specific gif. You'll get your Gonorrhea test results back and they doctor will be like,"I'm sorry to report the tests came back positive. You have a severe case of Jennifer Lawrence OK"

Zakalwe

Banned
In a dark future, a deadly plague sweeps across the land. It kills indiscriminately. No one really knows where it came from, but a few old men with sombre faces remember old tales about gifs being uploaded into bacteria. Gifs became memes. It wasn't long after that the pestilence struck. Maybe mankind had gone too far and this was their punishment.

The others in the room realise they're already dead. The coughing mans face turns green as he contorts in his death throes. The last whisper from his bloodied, split lips:
"Here comes Dat Plague."

Haha!

"Here comes Dat Plague."

It's not the future we wanted, but it's the one we deserve.

And this is just 1 of the incredible potential applications of Crispr. If we have enough time to research it, Crispr may singlehandedly revolutionize medical treatment as we know it.

146.png

goldensun

"Here comes Dat Plague."
Holy shit, well done.

Marow

The article doesn't touch upon it and older ones about storing books didn't either from what I could find... but what happens if the bacteria replicates (particularly long-term)? That has me curious.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
The article doesn't touch upon it and older ones about storing books didn't either from what I could find... but what happens if the bacteria replicates (particularly long-term)? That has me curious.

Self evolving memes.

Top Bottom