• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Scott Pilgrim rerelease possibly hinted at by Ubisoft

Earlier tonight a watch along of the Scott Pilgrim movie happened on twitter. The cast and crew tweeted about the making of the movie while watching it, culminating in an announcement of a planned rerelease of the film. Around this time series creator Bryan Lee O'Malley tweeted out calling for the videogame to be put on sale again, and Ubisoft replied with this tweet.

The whole thing seems like a coordinated push for the property, so I wouldnt be surprised to see a rerelease announcement coming soon.

93xfan

Banned
Great game that made me want to see the movie. Glad I did, as it was an awesome experience!

I also own the Score and soundtrack to the movie and also the games score. I definitely supported this franchise.

Larxia

Would be cool to have it on PC and with online coop, but eh that's dreaming. Oh and I just remembered Ubisoft doesn't put games on steam anymore so yeah nevermind.

shaddam

This license bullshit (and the butchered gta ost) reminds me how horrible will be the 100% digital future/cloud gaming

Codes 208

The game just came and went, what was the deal with that anyway?

it was disappointing that it was delisted just before the xbl/psn MP update released

Last edited:

dcx4610

Not sure I'd play it again but I'd like to own it on Steam just in case I do. It's a great beat em up in the vein of River City Ransom with some grindy elements. Any game with a license these days, grab it while you can before you can't anymore.

YCoCg

I always thought the issue was with Universal? Ubisoft, Bryan and even the band that did the soundtrack have been hinting for ages they want the damn game out again but Universal own the overall rights to the movie and any related merch and they considered it a bomb.

Kagey K

Banned
Still pissed that licensing issues stopped this game from being made b/c. The only reason I still turn on my 360 from time to time.

Abear21

Banned
Not sure I'd play it again but I'd like to own it on Steam just in case I do. It's a great beat em up in the vein of River City Ransom with some grindy elements. Any game with a license these days, grab it while you can before you can't anymore.

I forgot about this game, loved it and for me it was the River City Ransom remake we never got. I’d buy it again if I could too.

Soodanim

Gold Member
Played it via PS+ on PS3. Really enjoyed it, it’s a shame it isn’t still up. It does encourage grinding a bit, but that was minor in the grand scheme of the game.

Universal considering it a bomb seems too stupid for it to be a real answer.

Belmonte

It is a great beat em up! Reigned alone for a long time until Fight'N Rage, River City Girls and Streets of Rage 4 were released to compete with it.

Top Bottom