• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Secret Bases and Support staff

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have had a great interest in 'black' information, both factual and crazy (its always interesting to hear new 'conspiracy theories', seeing other people joining the dots in a different way to you)

and i like to look at everything from different angles, try and understand a subject from inside and out.
I read the 'Dulce Book' recently, and its quite a work. it sure has some great information and details. but something struck me while i was reading it and i am sure people much smarter than me has already researched it:

who cleans the floors on the higher security levels in Area 51 and similar?
who takes out the trash? who paints the walls?

if there are huge underground bases, they have to have been built by regular joes and maintained.

now i know that money is a great silencer and job security and so on. but why has hardly no-one come forward?

given the number of secret bases and then multiply that number by a support staff... you have a pretty big number of people.
surely some would have an interest in 'conspiracies' (isnt everyone to some degree) and would maybe post anonomusly on the internet.
as opposed to top tier 'leakers' like Lasar and so on.

does anyone have any thoughts on it?

I now Wackenhut provides base security for some installations, but do they do maintainence work too?
i know that some Forumites have done some Mil-Tech contractor work and i wonder what their thoughts are.

Belfast

I'm just gonna go with the old reasoning for this: you talk and we take out you and your family. :p It should be even *more* effective on the average joe workers than anyone else. And while I'm sure they may hear and possibly see a lot of weird things, I imagine they are still kept away from the top-secret stuff, which is probably kept in areas which are either kept sterile or don't allow food/drink/etc. to prevent people from making messes.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
If it is all military, wouldn't there be soldiers who do the maintenance? I mean, they do all the clean up on ships and submarines and in regular bases, why not secret ones?

GIR

Banned
hmm, secret bases are good, we have one here in Australia called Pine Gap, actually its the biggest and most secret one in the world and it belongs to George W Bush and Co. Apparently alot of it is so deep down it can take a few hits from nukes. (I hope it gets turned into a smoking hole by a few Russian onyx or sunburn missiles one day)

ManaByte

Pine Gap is not owned by Bush, but thanks for trying to hijack this thread into a Bush bashing one though. Pine Gap has been there for about 50 or 60 years (maybe more) and is where everything NASA gets is filtered through before being sanitized for the general public.

Dilbert

ManaByte said:
Pine Gap is not owned by Bush, but thanks for trying to hijack this thread into a Bush bashing one though. Pine Gap has been there for about 50 or 60 years (maybe more) and is where everything NASA gets is filtered through before being sanitized for the general public.
Nope.

Templar Wizard said:
who cleans the floors on the higher security levels in Area 51 and similar?
who takes out the trash? who paints the walls?

oompaloompa.jpg

GIR said:
hmm, secret bases are good, we have one here in Australia called Pine Gap, actually its the biggest and most secret one in the world and it belongs to George W Bush and Co. Apparently alot of it is so deep down it can take a few hits from nukes. (I hope it gets turned into a smoking hole by a few Russian onyx or sunburn missiles one day)

Uhhh wouldn't it be "owned" to whoever the President is at the time? At anyrate when you are building a "secret" base the principles builders and maintainers are the US govt. Before the days of Halliburton the US Govt didn't contract out much work and the Govt/Military was (and pretty much still is) a self contained orgnization. The generally would have the corps of Engineers and the like design, build, and maintain a facility the only real requirement is that the workers can get a clearance (they probably do some mental eval to see who would chat and who wouldn't).

for those of you not in know, and dont know where some of your Tax dollars go, Pine Gap is maintained and controlled by the NSA.

look it up.

as for regular soldiers... i dont think so. perhaps on secret army bases. but research bases los alamos, dulce, area51 have sizable civilian contractors working there.

Templar Wizard said:
for those of you not in know, and dont know where some of your Tax dollars go, Pine Gap is maintained and controlled by the NSA.

look it up.

as for regular soldiers... i dont think so. perhaps on secret army bases. but research bases los alamos, dulce, area51 have sizable civilian contractors working there.

I'm saying secret like secret in the side of a mountian/underwater type bases. What you have just mentioned I wouldn't consider "secret" I would say they have secret projects but, not secret like I don't know what this place is or even how I got here secret.

ManaByte

Slick_Advanced said:
I'm saying secret like secret in the side of a mountian/underwater type bases. What you have just mentioned I wouldn't consider "secret" I would say they have secret projects but, not secret like I don't know what this place is or even how I got here secret.

You go near the Dulce cave, you DIE and your body parts end up in a giant vat...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom