• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sekiro is getting an update with new features on Oct 29

Bartski

Gold Member

Additional Features:

Reflection of Strength / Gauntlet of Strength

2GEoeZH.jpg

Rematch previously defeated bosses in single and consecutive battles. Extraordinary foes that once stood in the way of victory can be fought again and again to your heart’s content.

Change Form

byTiDCz.jpg

Change the Wolf’s outward appearance. There are 3 new forms to choose from to suit your mood, including “Old Ashina Shinobi” and “Tengu.”
  • New forms are unlocked by meeting certain in-game conditions.

Remnants

vlDAgaw.jpg

Send a recording of your actions to the worlds of other shinobi. “Remnant” recordings can be up to 30 seconds long and may also be affixed with a message. Share strategies and hints via network to broaden the scope of play.

Last edited:
No additional content? Continues to live up to its reputation as the post-launch bastard child of FromSoft.

Last edited:

xrnzaaas

Meh, the game already had too many repeat boss fights during the initital playthrough if you included optional bosses.

Recording your actions seems like a cool social trick to fill the void left by not being able to summon other people.

Last edited:

MDSLKTR

Gold Member
Fuck yes! Didn't touch it since the platinum but I miss it dearly. Reminder: with it's unlocked framerate ps5 boost mode should make it fly.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Free shit is always good shit. Unless its shit of course.

I was thinking of replaying this after Ghost of Tsushi. Maybe I'll hold up and replay Muramasa instead.

Last edited:

zombrex

Pretty interesting this is getting an update 16 months after launch...
According to their website 1.04 was in April 2019.

WindomURL

Wonder if they're trying to grab some of that GoT love. Maybe- just maybe- it portends something else. Some actual additional content??
That would be very good.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
you playing on VITA? I recently digged up the PSTV and got a used copy of Muramasa to play on TV since my VITA was lost along with all the games on it last year lol
Nope! I was actually planning on emulating the Wii version. xD
Did they introduce anything new on the vit version?

Oh, and I'm sorry for your loss pal. :(

Sorne

Lmao, I literally ran through the boss rush mod last week! But sure, I'll take an official version too!

#Phonepunk#

Banned
haha playing GoT and been thinking about going back to Sekiro. can't wait for this! BOSS RUSH!!

suck that we have to wait for 10/29 but oh well.

Bartski

Gold Member
Free DLC is still DLC, no?
yeee but looking at what it is - "dlc" sounds like clickbait & disappointment.

Which is also why it's odd, announcing something this small 3 months ahead of time? Maybe there is more to it

Ar¢tos

Announcing an update that is only releasing in 3 months for a game that released more than one year ago?
I guess this is FROM way of saying "we have nothing at all to show you this year, please distract yourself with this shiny object".
Elden Ring must have been internally delayed yet again.

I like Reflection of Strength / Gauntlet of Strength. Isshin kicked my ass too many times to counts. I want to see if I can beat him again or if he'll slaughter me over and over again. Same goes with Emma.

GHG

Bruh I will cry if I have to fight Owl at Hirata ever again.

There are so many bosses in that game on my shit list it's not even funny.

Fuck the demon of hatred too. Made me wish I went the alternate route my first time through the game.

Nope! I was actually planning on emulating the Wii version. xD
Did they introduce anything new on the vit version?

Oh, and I'm sorry for your loss pal. :(

they added kind of a expansion, Genroku Legends, to it. 4 more characters to play in that expansion all with their own self contained stories.

I kinda gotten over it already since it wasn't the first time I lost one. that and adding to the fact that last year I change my job so I'm working from home and not on the road all the time, I kinda don't need a VITA all that bad right now. plus I usually just play the couple Vanillaware titles on it anyway and 2 of them I have on the PS4 too so it's not a big deal. might pickup another VITA eventually thou.

Last edited:
Top Bottom