• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sekiro is getting an update with new features on Oct 29

Bartski

Gold Member
Maybe there is more to it

I guess this is FROM way of saying "we have nothing at all to show you this year, please distract yourself with this shiny object".
Elden Ring must have been internally delayed yet again.

There was also that ex GameInformer guy leaking from source inside Namco about them having no plans to show ER this year...

dHkWJdN.jpg

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Have faith mah dudes, TGS is around the corner, we might see some Elden Ring over there. maybe even some SMT V too please?

Boss replays.... YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

BTW this seems like a lot of stuff they wanted to ship with the game but couldn't. Late as hell. Only very few hardcore will enjoy it.

More and more games should do this. TLOUII has encounter replays as well. The more this becomes a trend the better. NG+ is good and all but some of these games are 30-50+ hour long....

Last edited:

McHuj

Rematch previously defeated bosses in single and consecutive battles. Extraordinary foes that once stood in the way of victory can be fought again and again to your heart’s content.

OMG!!!! I've always wanted a mode like this in a From game. I would love to this in DS and Bloodborne.

GermanZepp

Gold Member
I was hoping a summer/ winter sale for sekiro. In my psn store it actually raised the price. Was 48 usd and now is 59,99 usd. :messenger_expressionless:

I bought spiderman goty for 19,99

Last edited:

Grinchy

Banned
The PS4 version of this was getting really cheap (~$25) for a while and then the GOTY award thing happened and its price shot up and never went down again.

I have it on PC, but I'm a sucker for getting Souls platinums and kinda wanna try for this one every time I get an itch. But damn, there's no way I'm paying so much.

Boss rush is great, exactly what this game needs.

Maybe now I no longer have to keep all these save games around.

Once in a while re-fighting Genichiro or Owl is just great.

Regarding Elden Ring: At this point I'm convinced that project was cursed by GRR Martins involvement.

Last edited:

MrS

Banned
A GOTY edition is coming out in October. Definitely think this is coming from Activision who want to capitalise on actually having a GOTY worthy product.

Edit: beaten by Bartski. I think this is a very Activision move. Sucks if Activision demands are the reason From are taking so long with Elden Ring.

Last edited:
GotY makes sense for a game with lots of DLC, but... this patch isn't worthy of a GotY version.

Possibly a free taste, followed by a full DLC? Pay $25.00 for the download or $40-50 for the GotY version.

They did that with Bloodborne and Dark Souls 3.

But that's the beauty of it, instead of 100 times now it will take you only 10!
But seriously my final run for the plat was a power fantasy, plowing trough every boss in almost 1 try when they were taking me days/weeks before... Priceless feeling.
Out of all the FROM action titles, Sekiro is the one that delivers that feeling the strongest. Mastering the mechanics pays off more immediately than in other FROM games, where you might have to level up or upgrade a weapon before it can really shine. Even NG+ felt like a victory lap.

I don't expect Elden Ring will provide similar combat, but I do hope someday FROM returns to this style of action game. It may even eclipse Bloodborne as #1 in my personal rankings. :messenger_fearful:

Top Bottom