• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sekiro Shadows Die Twice Enemy Randomizer Mod Makes Game Even More Challenging

Sekiro-Shadows-Die-Twice-Enemy-Randomizer.jpeg

A new Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice mod makes the game even more challenging, randomizing both enemies and item placement.

The Enemy and Item Randomizer mod also randomizes bosses, so you may end up fighting one of the late-game bosses right at the beginning of the game.

A comprehensive enemy and item randomizer for Sekiro, including boss randomization and key item randomization.

Misc general info:
- There is a hint/spoiler log that is generated and put in the 'runs' folder. Check it out if you are lost or want to check enemy placements.
- For convenience, tutorials pop-ups have been removed.
- It should be fine to re-run the randomizer with a different seed after starting NG+ playthroughs (after viewing cutscene, before picking up first item). If item randomizer is off, it should also be fine to re-run enemy randomizer with a different seed in the middle of a playthrough.
Misc info about enemy randomizer:
- Sword Saint Isshin doesn't require Mortal Blade to deathblow anymore.
- If you get really stuck on a randomized enemy, you can rerun the seed with enemy rando turned off (use the big checkbox), defeat the enemy, then turn it back on again. This won't change the location of key items, but if item rando uses enemy placement data, some non-key item drops may become inaccessible.
Misc info about item randomizer:
- Remember that additional enemies spawn in Guardian Ape's Burrow after defeating Guardian Ape, and Fujioka will also sell Valley Apparitions Memo when the final enemy spawns.
- Divine Dragon's Tears and Aromatic Branch have no effect in the game. You can complete the game and enter Fountainhead Palace, respectively, without them.
- Item logic assumes that you can get into Sunken Passage Serpent Shrine if you have either Puppeteer Ninjutsu or Mist Raven's Feathers.
- There are options like 'Item availability similar to base game' which I would strongly recommend. Otherwise, at high biases, it is possible for e.g. all Gourd Seeds and Memories to be in Fountainhead Palace.

Sekiro-randomizer.png

The Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice Enemy and Item Randomizer mod is also getting some new features in future versions. You can learn more about the mod, and download the current version
MOD :

Obvious speedrun fodder. Some of the bosses are a pain because of how small the arena is, so I can see this making certain encounters harder/easier depending on how your game is rolled. I also like how they randomize items, but the game is pretty darn open from the start i.e. I didn't get the Mibu Breathing Technique until late in my first playthrough yet last night I made a beeline for Mibu Village and got the skill before even fighting Genichiro on top of the castle.

Pejo

Gold Member
I could see this being a lot of fun for speedrunners. I'd watch a playthrough or two.

johntown

Banned
For people who play this game a lot it will make little difference with the exception of a few bosses. Not that is would be really hard but if the first boss you fight is Demon of Hatred it could take like an hour just to beat him due to the low damage and posture damage you would be doing

Shichimen Warriors
Headless
Father Owl (2nd fight)
Demon of Hatred
Lone Shadow Masanaga the Spear bearer
O'Rinn
Sword Saint
Dual-Apes

These are hard depending on when you meet them in the game. The beginning of the game would be really hard for most of these enemies.

I might give this a shot as long as I don't have to fight apparition enemies at the start. Spear bearer, dual apes and the demon would end it for me too. I think I could handle most anything else at the start.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
This is the first From game I’ve ever beaten but I don’t know if I can handle more challenge. I died so many times on default.

Seems like a cool mod though

Well, at least you can definitely go beat the rest now, since this is harder than any of them.

Top Bottom