• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Senior executives' punishment in China

davidjaffe

The Fucking MAN.
I try very hard to accept other cultures. I try to stay cognizant that just because something seems really bad/weird to me, it doesn't mean it really is. Lots of times it's only weird cause of my OWN personal brainwashing.

But man, when I see shit like this? It's so hard to believe that- if it's true-that it's healthy in in way, regardless of culture.

Not to say China can't return fire and easily point to sick, mentally broken shit we do in America.

Still...this be weird...

Jaffe

I try very hard to accept other cultures. I try to stay cognizant that just because something seems really bad/weird to me, it doesn't mean it really is. Lots of times it's only weird cause of my OWN personal brainwashing.

But man, when I see shit like this? It's so hard to believe that- if it's true-that it's healthy in in way, regardless of culture.

Not to say China can't return fire and easily point to sick, mentally broken shit we do in America.

Still...this be weird...

Jaffe
I agree.

Relativism can only go/be said for so long before we realize how something can be objectively bad for a lack of a better word.

I hope China changes for the better in the future with enough scrutiny from the outside world.

Last edited:
China is a very different place to many countries and their government and culture has been ingrained for many years and will take decades to change if it were to move towards that
sort of like having a gay pride parade in Saudi Arabia.....its a very long way off

Chinese people are not bad people....its what happens when old ways are not replaced with new ideas

buizel

Banned
the whole self-discipline thing got taken too far and is being exploited by corrupt people

just another day in china

Top Bottom