• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shadow Warrior 3 | Final Gameplay Trailer - Out March 1

VN1X

Banned

This might even warrant its own thread but fuck me... he completed it in 5-6 hours and the game was too easy on Hard even. Also there's no kind of new game+ mode or any other type of mode apparently after completing the campaign? So while I love the way this game looks I'm definitely holding off until it hits a sub-20 price point.

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

This might even warrant its own thread but fuck me... he completed it in 5-6 hours and the game was too easy on Hard even. Also there's no kind of new game+ mode or any other type of mode apparently after completing the campaign? So while I love the way this game looks I'm definitely holding off until it hits a sub-20 price point.

Didn't realize Gman put this out, I've been so balls deep in Elden Ring I haven't kept up with social media the last couple of days, lmao. Thanks for sharing!

Yeah, it definitely just kind of echoed my concerns about the game. It basically IS using quite a bit of inspiration from DOOM Eternal, I'm sure it's fun, but I was still hoping it'd have it's own two feet to stand on. But really, it's not a huge surprise considering the last game was basically a Borderlands co-op clone or something. Along with the stupid try hard humor that doesn't land. I've said it before, but I just think it really sucks that the games haven't been consistent at all, it's like the IP is having an identity crisis, and they're just throwing stuff at the wall until something sticks.

5-6 hours with no real replay value is also a huge turn off for the price they're asking for. I'll most certainly wait until it drops severely to give it a shot.

As someone that adored the original Shadow Warrior, I still don't really know how to feel about the rebirth of the IP. On one hand I love to see it back, on the other there are times where I wish it was portrayed differently and/or just not rebirthed at all.

Louay

nowadays i think games should be at least 10 hours at $60 or upcoming $70 price point.

the heck is going off. I thought the last one had lasted time so much so that I didn't finish it. Think they might have been running analytics on the last title to come to such a short time to complete for this new one?

chixdiggit

I don't mind it being short if it's all Killer and no Filler. It's got to be priced right though. Like Karak said $29.99 would have been a more fair price.

Reactions: Isa

VN1X

Banned
I don't mind it being short if it's all Killer and no Filler. It's got to be priced right though. Like Karak said $29.99 would have been a more fair price.
It's tough because the quality is clearly there but I'm playing an incredibly ambitious Doom 2 Total Conversion atm (Ashes 2063) which is free and something like Powerslave that came out recently also clocks in at over 8 hours for only 15eu or less. I know that's comparing apples to oranges but my consumer pea brain look at SW3 and goes "nope!" when it comes to that total playtime. So yeah I'm in no rush to get this to be honest. I could've lived with the short campaign if it also had some other modes such as a horde or roguelike mode but it doesn't even include that? Weird sell.

Last edited:

Isa

For me its more of a palette cleanser game so I've got no issues with it. If anything I want like what was said above me, more killer less filler. I've already got very little free time and a gargantuan backlog spanning every generation, with a load of games coming out this year alone that are colossal time sinks. So I'll take every break I can get. Its already good to go on my Series X.

winjer

Gold Member
my bad i thought it's $60, also the game is $50 i just checked it out on steam, even at that price is pushing it ngl.
also i just checked SW 1 and 2, the games still priced at $40 on steam.

You can get it for 34 euros at wingamestore, for example.

Ogbert

Pity it’s so short.

Really loved the second game. You really need to be pushing 10-12 hours for an fps campaign.

GymWolf

This is a selling point for me. As a busy guy, I like shorter no filler bs games.
Well i guess that's a way of seeing things...

I'm too occupied with horizon, elden ring later and elex 2/weird west even later, so i'm probably gonna pay like 20 euros for this one, for 6 hours i guess it is an okay price.

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
Well i guess that's a way of seeing things...

I'm too occupied with horizon, elden ring later and elex 2/weird west even later, so i'm probably gonna pay like 20 euros for this one, for 6 hours i guess it is an okay price.
It'll definitely be on discount by then I'm sure. I just like shorter games. Job, kid, needy girlfriend, etc. I'm currently playing Tales of Arise and it'll probably take me 6 months to beat it lol.

Last edited:

Amiga

This is prefect for PSNow. we need these types of games and a service like Now/GP could be the best way to sustain them economically.

hollams

Gold Member
I really loved the first game and was disappointed by the sequel. I had high hopes after I heard they were going to try to make the 3rd like the first game, but apparently that changed somewhere during development. I guess this is for people who stopped playing Doom Eternal because it was so hard.

So I’ve played both versions and the good news is both xsx and ps5 run at 60fps

Bad news is the ps5 version appears to run at a lower res …probably because it’s stuck in a ps4 mode

Game is pretty fun and feels more free flowing than the last

Top Bottom