• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shin Megami Tensei Vengeance releases June 14th 2024 [Multiplatform]

Hudo

New high res pics with the female demon character models from SMT5:V

Shin-Megami-Tensei-V-Vengeance_2024_03-20-24_022.png
Shin-Megami-Tensei-V-Vengeance_2024_03-20-24_028.png
Shin-Megami-Tensei-V-Vengeance_2024_03-20-24_023.png

Characters, demons, and systems detailed (Gematsu):
Ah, my harem playthrough takes shape.

ChoosableOne

ChoosableAll
Best trans story in recent years.

Last edited:
Atlus has announced that the original soundtrack CD featuring new songs from Shin Megami Tensei V: Vengeance will be released alongside the game on June 14, 2024. There will be a total of 89 songs composed by Ryota Kozuka of the Atlus Sound Team, spanning 4 discs.

Product Details
  • Name: Shin Megami Tensei V: Vengeance Original Soundtrack
  • Release Date: June 14, 2024
  • Price: 3,800 yen (excluding tax)
  • Product Code: AGM-003~6
  • Amazon Japan Product Page
Source - Persona Central

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
As well as Mastema I think it's the first time we've had Pelliadh in 3D.
Yup, lot of demons from Strange Journey and SMTIV never had 3D models but now they are making one for SMTV.

Im so happy we are getting Mastema in here, his my favourite angel in SMT series.

Zheph

Likely a big endeavour but you guys think a potential remake of IV/Apocalypse could be on the cards? I did enjoy it quite a bit but I can't be arsed to get the 3DS out

Danjin44

Likely a big endeavour but you guys think a potential remake of IV/Apocalypse could be on the cards? I did enjoy it quite a bit but I can't be arsed to get the 3DS out
I will never say never but they were 3DS games, they need build entire from ground up and lot the demons would need 3D models.

Zheph

I will never say never but they were 3DS games, they need build entire from ground up and lot the demons would need 3D models.
Lot of assests available with V so that would be a decent start. I really enjoy the mood in IV even tho I still think my favourite one is Strange Journey, so oppressive

Danjin44

Lot of assests available with V so that would be a decent start. I really enjoy the mood in IV even tho I still think my favourite one is Strange Journey, so oppressive
Yup, to this day I get triggered every time I see Mithras in Persona or other SMT games because of Strange Journey..
23-019.png

Last edited:

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Raidenbino looking sick. Also, is that playable Dazai? :goog_relieved:

Btw, are there changes made to the story in the original route? or is all the new stuff only in the new route? I'm a bit confused about that.

Hope the platinum trophy is challenging. Looks stylish and somewhat dark with a bit more gravitas than your typical JRPG fare.

Last edited:

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Between the gray hair and those arm blades, Naho's new design really reminds me of Serph from the DDS games. Wonder if they took some inspiration from his design.

Zvf7F4E.jpg

Wish they gave those games some love, and HD remaster would be great.

Zheph

Between the gray hair and those arm blades, Naho's new design really reminds me of Serph from the DDS games. Wonder if they took some inspiration from his design.

Zvf7F4E.jpg

Wish they gave those games some love, and HD remaster would be great.
Yeah I did both not long ago and they didn't aged well. The music is still amazing tho

Coconutt

I have smt v on switch that I never played, guessing this version of the game makes the old one irrelevant?

TintoConCasera

I have smt v on switch that I never played, guessing this version of the game makes the old one irrelevant?
As with most Atlus re-releases, I'd say yes.

Kinda sucks, I got the original sealed but I guess it wont be worth a damn after this. :goog_relieved:

Atlus West announced yesterday that the digital pre-orders for the Switch are up (both standard and deluxe).

The Digital Deluxe provides the following content:
  • Shin Megami Tensei V: Vengeance Base Game
  • DLC Content – Mitama Dance of Wealth
    • Additional downloadable content that increases the spawn rate of “Saki Mitama,” demons that drop items that can be sold for Macca.
  • DLC Content – Mitama Dance of EXP
    • Additional downloadable content increases the spawn rate of “Kushi Mitama,” demons that drop items that give the protagonist EXP, and “Ara Mitama,” demons that drop items that give ally demons EXP.
  • DLC Content – Mitama Dance of Miracles
    • Additional downloadable content that increases the spawn rate of “Nigi Mitama,” demons that drop items that give the protagonist Glory, points needed to learn new Miracles.
  • Demon Subquest – Sakura Cinders of the East
    • In this quest, players will be able to take on “Konohana Sakuya” and even recruit her should they prove victorious.
  • Demon Subquest – Holy Will and Profane Dissent
    • In this quest, players will be able to take on “Dagda” and even recruit her should they prove victorious.

I'll personally get the game on PS5, but sharing this info here nonetheless in case other GAF members are looking on picking up SMT5:V digitally on the Switch.

Last edited:

Danjin44

Atlus West announced yesterday that the digital pre-orders for the Switch are up (both standard and deluxe).

The Digital Deluxe provides the following content:
  • Shin Megami Tensei V: Vengeance Base Game
  • DLC Content – Mitama Dance of Wealth
    • Additional downloadable content that increases the spawn rate of “Saki Mitama,” demons that drop items that can be sold for Macca.
  • DLC Content – Mitama Dance of EXP
    • Additional downloadable content increases the spawn rate of “Kushi Mitama,” demons that drop items that give the protagonist EXP, and “Ara Mitama,” demons that drop items that give ally demons EXP.
  • DLC Content – Mitama Dance of Miracles
    • Additional downloadable content that increases the spawn rate of “Nigi Mitama,” demons that drop items that give the protagonist Glory, points needed to learn new Miracles.
  • Demon Subquest – Sakura Cinders of the East
    • In this quest, players will be able to take on “Konohana Sakuya” and even recruit her should they prove victorious.
  • Demon Subquest – Holy Will and Profane Dissent
    • In this quest, players will be able to take on “Dagda” and even recruit her should they prove victorious.

I'll personally get the game on PS5, but sharing this info here nonetheless in case other GAF members are looking on picking up SMT5:V digitally on the Switch.

Those Mitama DLC are worthless dont bother with those, with Demon DLC unlike Persona you actually have to fight them first before you can have them which is in my opinion better approach.

Last edited:

TintoConCasera

Dayum, Atlus be feeding us well! 🔥

[Announcement]
Starting from Thursday, April 11th, we will start posting " #真VV日めくり悪魔 " every day at 18:00 JST!
It will be released on the official Atlus YouTube channel.
Please subscribe and stay tuned.

Get in! TintoConCasera TintoConCasera Danjin44 Danjin44

Oh shit they turned on the hype machine.

DgzXJc6.gif

Metnut

This all looks great but as someone who paid the full price for the Switch game at launch I find the whole thing pretty frustrating. It’s Persona 5 Royal all over again.

Took a pass on P3R and will do the same with Metaphor until either game is heavily discounted or the “full” version eventually comes out.

Kudos to all of you who waited. Looks like you all are getting the full experience.

Top Bottom