• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

should I complain to my school?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got this one lab class that is totally out of control. A group of 5 people are ruining the class for the rest of us. The main problem is my professor is pretty much a door mat and lets these kids do anything, and well he leaves the class for like 2 hours during a 4 hour lab. I'm suppose to be in class right now, but I left in utter disbelief in what happened today in class. Usually the group just talk in a some what normal tone, but not today. As soon as the teacher left I felt like I was in a bar. The group of 5 were yelling at the top of their lungs about how they are gonna get high after the class is over. They seemed to not care that anyone else was in a class because they were dancing, blasting their music out of their head phones, and talking about utter nonsense at the top of their lungs. Me and my buddy just left the class because we could not work, and this is going to cause me to fall behind because of a day missed in lab. I think I should go complain because I don't want them causing me to get a bad grade in the class, and I think we should have a better teacher. What should I do?

Doth Togo

Tell the admins. They won't think bad of you. You're there to learn, not fuck around. The admins will make sure it stops.

No sweat. Don't worry about it. Just notify the admins.

NetMapel

Guilty White Male Mods Gave Me This Tag
How did those annoying kids end up in your university/college anyways ? They don't sound like they belong there @_@

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
I'd say something, definitely. If they weren't directly affecting your work, I would just leave them alone, but I guess that's not the case here.

yeah. I have to agree if they talked in a regular voice and not yelled, dance, and blast Usher then they would be fine, but they seem to think this class is a party room.

Brannon

Tell the admins. They won't think bad of you. You're there to learn, not fuck around. The admins will make sure it stops.

He speaks the truth. You are paying HOW MUCH for you education? Fuck them; their behavior is wasting your money. Get it taken care of immediately.

I just sent an email to the dean telling him the situation. hopefully we can have a meeting or he can come to the class to observe this.

no, I shouldn't have to do that. its the teachers responsablity to keep the class in shape, and not walk out on his problem.

darscot

Your a disgrace and a rat! Learn some social skills, approach the problem like a normal person. A two second conversation probable would have solved it. But weasels like you have to hide behind other people. Guys like you drove me nuts when I was in school. The number of times some keener like you was a prick to me then came looking for a favor when the course load really got heavy.

Doth Togo

darscot said:
Your a disgrace and a rat! Learn some social skills, approach the problem like a normal person. A two second conversation probable would have solved it. But weasels like you have to hide behind other people. Guys like you drove me nuts when I was in school. The number of times some keener like you was a prick to me then came looking for a favor when the course load really got heavy.

Dude, before you talk, learn to spell.

wtf? I shouldn't HAVE TO TALK TO THEM in college about this. They should be mature enough to understand that they are disrupting the class. Its not my responsability to keep the class in order, and i'm not the only one pissed about this.

SFA_AOK

darscot said:

The students probably would have laughed at him. And the teacher walked out ffs. While I might have gone to the teacher (really varies from case to case), I can see some situations where you have to go over their head.

someone did talk to them about 2 weeks ago because he was tired of them using the n word, and said that they were offending him (he's black), and they told him to shut the hell up and mind their own business and then they where all like, "you go man, you keepin it real". After that, I knew that whatever you said to them they would just tell you to f off and laugh at you.

Brendonia

"Edge stole Big Ben's helmet"
Ok I was originally going to say you should have dealt with this yourself but after reading ^--- that you were right. If they don't have the common decency to stop using racial slurs when asked they don't care about anyone or anything but themselves and their entertainment so it wouldn't do any good. I come across people like this sometimes in classes and it makes me feel embarassed that they are in the same school as me.

Brannon

In High School, when going to the teacher means being a snitch, yeah that might work. But in College where you are spending a shitload of your money to determine the path of the rest of your life, a group of 5 morons and a teacher who doesn't give a damn are NOT worth anymore of your time that they have already taken away. No one should have to go directly to them to tell them to be quiet; it's freaking COLLEGE. Some common sense from the offending party would be nice, but since they have none, they don't deserve a direct word. Time is money, and they have already wasted his. It's time to cast Ultima.

NWO

darscot said:

Why don't you STFU.

HE'S NOT THE PROBLEM HERE.

Get mad at the people causing the problem. We now live in a society where people like these (causing problems in his class) ruin things for everyone else and you can't do anything about it.

I'd complain to whoever you can about it because your paying for it. Tough luck for these other people. They can do whatever they want but as soon as they start causing problems for your learning and your paying about it then bitch bitch bitch till the cows come home. Maybe they'll transfer you to another class.

Slo

I'd definetly do something about it, you're paying a ton of money to be educated. Don't let people fuck you out of it.

up-pov_lil_jon.jpg

Brendonia

"Edge stole Big Ben's helmet"
The only reason I thought he should go to the people first is because it might have been a faster and easier alternative then utilizing the horribly slow administration that is probably present at his school. Since that won't happen then yeah, do what you can because it's bullshit and they are wasting your money.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
it's just a lab class drama queen... if you can't do your work cause of loud talking and loud headphones, you got some issues.

darscot

I have no problem with you being pissed off about it. You are paying a lot of money and you have the right to demand an education for it. But do the decent thing and confront the people you have an issue with before you go over there head. This whole well somebody else said something before is BS. Handle your own business let other people handle theres. If after you confront them and they continue to do things that effect your education feel free to take the next step.

This kind of shit happens all through life it just happend in my neighborhood the other day. This one idiot has a dog that is forever getting out. But the losers around me instead of going to the guy phone the city. Well guess what the silly by-law police show up and fine almost every pet owner in the area for some silly crap.

What comes around goes around.

Socreges

Banned
darscot said:
You can't be serious.

First off, the "keeners" you describe have practically nothing to do with his situation.

Secondly, from what little he's described, you can just tell that the kids aren't going to respond at his request. And criticizing the teacher on his methods is NEVER smart. A friend and I tried that a couple weeks ago and now the teacher is treating us like shit [and, I would guess, going to score us unfairly]. Hell, the teacher almost made her cry. At the end of the semester, I'm going to send her a nasty fucking letter and then talk to the administration.

samus4ever, if you have any doubts, believe me, you've done the right thing.

marsomega

Don't write an email. Do something that you’re going to have to learn sooner or later as you move much higher up in higher education. Go to the department head immediately. That doesn't work, go to the Dean and I assure you it will end there.

Get over this "I'll be a snitch” or "I'll get beat up" high school mentality and disregard anything anyone tells you similar to what I just mentioned. There won't be anyone taken for time out or what not. In fact, this won't be tolerated. If other students come forward it will help your cause much more. Believe me; any negligence they show in towards this situation will have their ass on the line.

This isn't like high school where the teacher gives you an F on the test and a detention for cheating. In this form of higher education, you get caught cheating your ass hauled out of there and any future in the University system goes down the crapper. These idiots don't belong there and the more you let them walk all over, the more they drag you down with them. These problems don't go away.

Next class, walk in wearing a trenchcoat, and holding a 2x4 with a sign that says "This is not a gun. If you would like it remain that way, please keep quiet in class."

robochimp

samus4ever said:
no, I shouldn't have to do that. its the teachers responsablity to keep the class in shape, and not walk out on his problem.

It was grade school's and high school's job actually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom