• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SI makes Pre Season Top 10

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dunno how Texas is ranked so high every year. Yeah, they have tons of talent, but at the same time they have Mack Brown. And as long as he's the coach at Texas they'll never win a national championship.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
Azwethinkweiz said:
I dunno how Texas is ranked so high every year. Yeah, they have tons of talent, but at the same time they have Mack Brown. And as long as he's the coach at Texas they'll never win a national championship.

last time I checked the national champion wasnt ranked number 7. As much as I want Mack out, we have been a perinial top 10 team that would likely beat most teams we play on any given night.. outside of OU. I still say we can go 10-1 this year and he will get fired if that loss is to the dirt burglars.

I still think we were a top 5 team last year.. when we didnt get the Fiesta Bowl (thanks OU), we didnt show up to play in the Holiday Bowl. Its a shame things didnt work out better, I really think Texas/Michigan could have been a good game in the rose bowl.. but alot of stuff would have had to play out different for that to happen.

We got too many Longhorns at this board...

Longhorns always look good on paper, but Mack Brown is a recruited, not a coach. Too many top recruiting classes have slipped by without even a Big 12 Championship to show for it.

That being said, they are still going to be a great team, probably finish 9-2.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
Azwethinkweiz said:
I never said they were ranked #1, I said they'd never win a national championship with Mack Brown at coach.

yeah, but you inferred that our high ranking should somehow be tied to Browns ability to win a championship.

StoOgE said:
yeah, but you inferred that our high ranking should somehow be tied to Browns ability to win a championship.

I don't believe you should be ranked in the top 10 if you have no shot of winning the national championship.

By the way, I have nothing against Texas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom