• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Silent Hill 2 coming in Late 2024, according to Gamestop

Draugoth

Gold Member

GJR89LsXIAAQX_H

Last edited:

Caffeine

I still think its a placeholder till release date trailer is shown then they will slap a date over it
honestly would probably be better to drop it here in 2 months versus letting Konami's terrible marketing team have a 6 month window to release more trailers that don't show off the game in the way it should be.

Caffeine

Yeah this looked bad last time, surely they won't tarnish its name by releasing it in such a state.
That's cause it was clearly a old build. theres no way the game didnt change visually since initial trailer in this time. bloober at least to some extent has good environment visuals in their games.
what konami's marketing was trying to do was follow the same marketing the original had and it was a miss step.
there is a action trailer for the original.

Matsuchezz

It makes sense to release it near Halloween, I hope Bloober team polish this game from now to near date of release and they have paid attention to the most reasonable gripes fans have.
I am concerned about the voice acting, we don't know if they are using the original actors, the original VO or what. I am not concerned about gameplay, or if the game has become an action packed game, I am concerned about acting and . I think the acting was good enough, not stellar but good. The acting must be spot on.
Additionally I am not realistically expecting ND quality face animations, I am ok with getting something average considering the dev team behind this game. but not something subpar. I will buy day one, since I love the game so much.

Caffeine

It makes sense to release it near Halloween, I hope Bloober team polish this game from now to near date of release and they have paid attention to the most reasonable gripes fans have.
I am concerned about the voice acting, we don't know if they are using the original actors, the original VO or what. I am not concerned about gameplay, or if the game has become an action packed game, I am concerned about acting and . I think the acting was good enough, not stellar but good. The acting must be spot on.
Additionally I am not realistically expecting ND quality face animations, I am ok with getting something average considering the dev team behind this game. but not something subpar. I will buy day one, since I love the game so much.
based on the first trailer james and mary are new voice actors. I think all of them are new.

Alan Wake

I'll buy it day one obviously but I'm a bit concerned to be honest. I really hope Bloober will be able to reach the next level here.

april6e

I've been waiting for well over a decade for a Silent Hill 2 remake so I could play it for the first time. I knew it would eventually be remade. I'm super nervous because people say this developer sucks.

Last edited:

Arachnid

SH2 is tied with RE4 for my top game of all time, and I legit cant find it within me to get hyped. The trailers have looked rough, and Bloober has never put out a good horror game. IDK man.

Caffeine

SH2 is tied with RE4 for my top game of all time, and I legit cant find it within me to get hyped. The trailers have looked rough, and Bloober has never put out a good horror game. IDK man.
Ye it's gonna be something probably bloobers best release for them, but it will piss of og fans lol this is a very ambitious and delicate game to remake. I don't think they captured that spirit of the game.

fart town usa

Gold Member
I will probably get it out of curiosity but I am right there with you. I'm glad for those who are hyped but man, I see this game leading to some legendary disappointment threads.

I honestly cannot wrap my head around the level of hype for this game. SH2 is held so high by fans yet we know Konami is a dead husk of what is was during the glory days and freaking Bloober Team, LOL. I have nothing but respect for Bloober but good grief, they haven't even had combat in a game and I honestly expect them to make the story cringe as FFFFFFFFFFFFFF. I just don't think they have it in them to show some restraint. The Medium was like a NPR podcast for me.

Time will tell though and I am eagerly awaiting Gaf's impression on the final product.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
It looks like we have confirmation that Silent Hill 2 Remake will be releasing late 2024.

It's a place holder date.

Gamestop have no fucking idea when the game's coming out at this moment.

That being said, if it misses 2024, something's really off.

Last edited:
Don’t really looking forward to that. Silent Hill 2 is one of my favorite games of all time and was open when I heard about the Remake, but then with the developer I already had my doubts.

But at that time I still thought, “hey, Konami will surely check that this will end up a good game”.

But after the latest Silent Hill releases it’s clear that Konami couldn’t care less what the quality of the game is.

I've been waiting for well over a decade for a Silent Hill 2 remake so I could play it for the first time. I knew it would eventually be remade. I'm super nervous because people say this developer sucks.
Nostalgia glasses. When people played sh2 in 2001, because of the limitations of the ps2 a lot of the horror heavy lifting came from our own imagination filling in the gaps.
Also, sh combat has always sucked. If they improve it then the purists will scream bloody murder anyway seeing how its not true to the original as the mc is not Leon.

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
Nostalgia glasses. When people played sh2 in 2001, because of the limitations of the ps2 a lot of the horror heavy lifting came from our own imagination filling in the gaps.
Also, sh combat has always sucked. If they improve it then the purists will scream bloody murder anyway seeing how its not true to the original as the mc is not Leon.
Well said. People acting like the original was flawless… Gooby please…

I’m only concerned about the feeling with this Remake. Not sure if Blooper is able to capture what made SH2 so unique. Hope they don’t go too crazy on the re-writing.

mdkirby

Kinda crazy, as I’m pretty sure I recall blooper saying it was pretty much finished months ago. I guess it’s not unheard of for a dev to finish a title then the publisher to sit on it for a while before release (Nintendo do this a lot), but still, seems odd.

Top Bottom