• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Simpsons Tapped Out |OT| Push Notification

krae_man

When the heck can I get the hospital. I am already at level 30 and nothing is popping up for Dr. Hibbert anymore, also how are you guys getting so many spin tokens a day?

If you have a lot of buildings, you will level up faster then the questlines. You'll get there.

Seik

Banned
Add me if you want, I need some of them tickets! :D

Seik666

Can't wait to unlock the 'Yeeeeeeeeesss?!' guy soon.

krae_man

According to Simpsons wiki I have already started quests have come after the Hospital Quests, I already have Ralph and the Wiggum House.

I don't know what to tell you. Do you have every building before it? It unlocked like normal for me. Maybe it has something to do with the holiday update and it will come around after that is over.

As for how we are getting that many spin tokens:

1)One a day from the egg nog bar
2)If you have 100 friends you get 3000 gift cards per day tapping on them and after you collect all the individual prizes you get a spin token for every 1000 gift cards so 100 friends = 3 spin tokens/day
3)Part 18 of the holiday quest is "Make homer and lisa hide(24 hour quest)" and "Make other people look for them(8 hour quest). As long as you don't tap on homer and lisa, you can send the rest of the town to look for them an infinite number of times. If you're at the level cap and have every free character, you can send about 35 people on the 8 hour quest. 35 people x 27 gift cards per quest = 945 gift cards, Do that 3 times a day along with tapping presents and that's another 3-4 spin tokens a day.
4)You can occasionally find one in a present or gift bag. I've only found 3 that way however so it's not very often.

fisheyes

In a nice little bit of bad luck meeting good luck, I'm on nearly 70,000 gift bags, so I've spun the wheel more than 60 times, and still haven't hit Claus Co, BUT today I got 30 donuts from the Weekly Mystery Box. I'll take it.

...really want to get Claus Co so I can stop grinding for tickets, though. I'm pretty over it.

Vargas

I don't know what to tell you. Do you have every building before it? It unlocked like normal for me. Maybe it has something to do with the holiday update and it will come around after that is over.

As for how we are getting that many spin tokens:

1)One a day from the egg nog bar
2)If you have 100 friends you get 3000 gift cards per day tapping on them and after you collect all the individual prizes you get a spin token for every 1000 gift cards so 100 friends = 3 spin tokens/day
3)Part 18 of the holiday quest is "Make homer and lisa hide(24 hour quest)" and "Make other people look for them(8 hour quest). As long as you don't tap on homer and lisa, you can send the rest of the town to look for them an infinite number of times. If you're at the level cap and have every free character, you can send about 35 people on the 8 hour quest. 35 people x 27 gift cards per quest = 945 gift cards, Do that 3 times a day along with tapping presents and that's another 3-4 spin tokens a day.
4)You can occasionally find one in a present or gift bag. I've only found 3 that way however so it's not very often.

After sending everybody on their normal 60 minute jobs, Homer, Wiggum and Comic Book Guy decided to finally go to the Krusty Burger, after Dr. Hibberts job came up he decided to finally say that he wants to build the hospital. Now I am out of money since I built the Wolfcastle Mansion earlier today.

No matter since I finally have a bunch of people in my town I will get the cash some time tomorrow.

krae_man

I've noticed that when I send one character on a job, every other character I click on the same length task appears on the top of the list. Is that new with the update? Either way it's awesome and it makes sending my 50+ characters on tasks way quicker.

I've noticed that when I send one character on a job, every other character I click on the same length task appears on the top of the list. Is that new with the update? Either way it's awesome and it makes sending my 50+ characters on tasks way quicker.

Yeah, that's my next favorite thing about the last update, besides the people button itself.

Edit - I finally broke down and bought donuts :( Picked up Barney and Duffman. Considering the time I've put into the game I thought a few bucks is justifiable.

krae_man

I'm going to buy a google play card with some real life Gift Cards(heh) and get the $20 pack of doughnuts. Haven't decided what I want to buy yet, but I also feel like giving the game some money.

It's amazing how EA could craft the monetization of this game so well and have it be so financially successful for them, but turn around and come up with that pile of crap that was Plants Vs Zombies 2.

I'm going to buy a google play card with some real life Gift Cards(heh) and get the $20 pack of doughnuts. Haven't decided what I want to buy yet, but I also feel like giving the game some money.

It's amazing how EA could craft the monetization of this game so well and have it be so financially successful for them, but turn around and come up with that pile of crap that was Plants Vs Zombies 2.

To be fair, the approaches are entirely the same - lock characters behind paywalls and slow general progress unless you cough up some money. The one real difference is that PvZ has whole levels you need to replay if you don't want to sink any cash, whereas Simpsons just means you have to wait and send your characters on quests more regularly.

I completely agree that, as someone who's so far not spent a penny on it, Simpsons is a great F2P experience I just feel they lucked out rather than decided to exert any kind of kindness or general human compassion. It is EA after all.

krae_man

To be fair, the approaches are entirely the same - lock characters behind paywalls and slow general progress unless you cough up some money. The one real difference is that PvZ has whole levels you need to replay if you don't want to sink any cash, whereas Simpsons just means you have to wait and send your characters on quests more regularly.

I completely agree that, as someone who's so far not spent a penny on it, Simpsons is a great F2P experience I just feel they lucked out rather than decided to exert any kind of kindness or general human compassion. It is EA after all.

Everything in Simpsons Tapped Out is cosmetic, Plants Vs Zombies 2 IAP's are mostly Pay to Win. Only a couple of them are "Grind or Pay".

krae_man

How do you get that Clausco building?

1126654_ohbfcv.gif

Just started getting into this. Seems fun, my town is a shambles at the moment though.

I need more friends so please add me: lukejspicer

I was wondering, stuff like previous holiday items like Halloween stuff, have I permanently missed my chance to get those items?

krae_man

Just started getting into this. Seems fun, my town is a shambles at the moment though.

I need more friends so please add me: lukejspicer

I was wondering, stuff like previous holiday items like Halloween stuff, have I permanently missed my chance to get those items?

Generally speaking if you miss event stuff, you're SOL. However, some items have come back the following year(Witch Marge was available again this Halloween), and others have been made premium items for purchase year round(Barney's Bowlarama).

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Just tried to launch the app on my iPad and am getting a Device Full error. I have 1.5 GB free, WTF. :(

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Cleared another 500 MB, that seemed to do the trick. Now it's downloading another 660 MB, damnit EA.

Faiz

50 spins with nothing but Mr Plow and Claus Co on the wheel and only cash and gift cards are coming up. Not sure how much longer i can keep grinding gift cards like this hahah.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Generally speaking if you miss event stuff, you're SOL. However, some items have come back the following year(Witch Marge was available again this Halloween), and others have been made premium items for purchase year round(Barney's Bowlarama).

It's possible that holiday stuff only came back because the Android version wasn't available the first time around.
And then there was the much more messed-up situation with Valentine's Day, where the Android version was out but Android users still didn't get the update.

-Horizon-

50 spins with nothing but Mr Plow and Claus Co on the wheel and only cash and gift cards are coming up. Not sure how much longer i can keep grinding gift cards like this hahah.

I have two things on the wheel too, Claus Co and the shelter. Most frustrated I've been (up there with the snake whacking earlier this year). What was it, that these spots have a 2% chance or something. That's messed up.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
I have two things on the wheel too, Claus Co and the shelter. Most frustrated I've been (up there with the snake whacking earlier this year). What was it, that these spots have a 2% chance or something. That's messed up.

My sister got Claus Co first try. :/
Her ID is Buntygirl1261 if anyone still needs more friends.

Pretty positive I'll never get the snow monster. :( That wheel is so goddamn rigged.

Edit: Keeps giving me an error saying it failed to send a friends request now... WTF? I only have like 20 people at most on my list.

-Horizon-

My sister got Claus Co her first spin. :/

...well then ._.

I also feel kind of bad that I wasted 50 donuts to get 10 extra tokens all of which resulted in the cash prize.

The flip side is that those donuts were from level up bonuses and whatnot.

krae_man

Pretty positive I'll never get the snow monster. :( That wheel is so goddamn rigged.

Edit: Keeps giving me an error saying it failed to send a friends request now... WTF? I only have like 20 people at most on my list.

The error messages are not helpful. You may already be friends with the person you are sending the request to, they may have 100 friends already. It either works or doesn't it won't tell you why it didn't work.

Vyer

Add me: vyerx

Yeah it will get added in there once you get one of the other rare drops: Helter Shelter, Ice God or Yeti thing. Not sure if it's a specific one or any.

God, I have like two things left on the wheel that I can't get for shit.

krae_man

In my Mystery Box today I got a Mystery Box. In that Mystery Box I got Another Mystery Box. In that Mystery Box I got a Tree :(

TAJ

In my Mystery Box today I got a Mystery Box. In that Mystery Box I got Another Mystery Box. In that Mystery Box I got a Tree :(

A couple weeks ago my Mystery Box went -> Homer Buddha -> Mystery Box -> Mystery Box ->Brown Fence. .
The first time I got a Homer Buddha in my Mystery Box it was 60 donuts.

FHIZ

How did I not know there's a gaf thread for this?

my ID is: forheiszombie

I'll be adding some I see, need me some extra cards. Don't judge me and my poorly laid out Springfield!

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
I need friends for this game really badly as none of my IRL friends will play it.

my Origin ID is Stooge_tex

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Alright, the self referential humor from the Yes Guy first task is amazing.

The error messages are not helpful. You may already be friends with the person you are sending the request to, they may have 100 friends already. It either works or doesn't it won't tell you why it didn't work.

Hmm, definitely don't have 100 and doubt I'm friends with all of them, I tried like 5 names.

Is anyone else having it crash constantly when loading a friend's town? It's been crashing non-stop when loading a friend's town but nothing else.

Top Bottom