• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So what are you gonna do when Bush loses the election?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
Make no mistake, I don't think that Kerry has things anywhere near wrapped up yet but I just have a strong feeling that he will end up winning.

I live in a republican district and I plan on running around the streets screaming "hallelujah" and causing a scene. I'll be doing backflips. I will also throw a party.

Also, if Bush somehow wins the electoral college but loses the popular vote again do you think there will be riots? I can see them happening.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Well, I was quite unaware at how much public protest there was against Bush's election at the time - it was more significant than I had thought (or at least appeared to be more significant in Farenheit 9/11). So if a similar scenario played out again, I imagine there would be quite an amount of unrest.

To answer your question, I would jump for joy.

tedtropy

$50/hour, but no kissing on the lips and colors must be pre-separated
Do you honestly think that things would change so much if Kerry were to get in office? If you're expecting the world to suddenly change to the polar-opposite of whatever Bush represented, I suspect you'll be sorely dissapointed. Either way, say what you will about how old Bushy-boy handled the war, I really don't think Kerry has the resolve to take over its reigns.

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
tedtropy said:
Do you honestly think that things would change so much if Kerry were to get in office? If you're expecting the world to suddenly change to the polar-opposite of whatever Bush represented, I suspect you'll be sorely dissapointed. Either way, say what you will about how old Bushy-boy handled the war, I really don't think Kerry has the resolve to take over its reigns.

Do I think things will change overnight? No, of course not. I believe they will change over time though. I mean just look at how much this country has changed in the past 4 years - and not just because of 9/11 either. All I know is, if Kerry gets elected I sure as hell will sleep better at night, for a multitude of reasons (which have already been discussed on this forum on numerous occassions).

Minotauro

Finds Purchase on Dog Nutz
It won't happen. The stupidity of the masses combined with the Bush Administration's talent for PR and Kerry's hesitance to take a stand on any issue pretty much guarantees a second term.

Hamfam

tedtropy said:

In one breath, claiming it'd be no different, in the next, claiming it would.

tedtropy

JC10001 said:
Do I think things will change overnight? No, of course not. I believe they will change over time though. I mean just look at how much this country has changed in the past 4 years - and not just because of 9/11 either. All I know is, if Kerry gets elected I sure as hell will sleep better at night, for a multitude of reasons (which have already been discussed on this forum on numerous occassions).

I appreciate your views and I'm by no means debating them, but I think I've just become jaded when it comes to thinking that who we have in office will dramatically impact things. Either way you slice it, we're going to get a socially-disconnected old, rich white guy in there with a similar power complex. Kerry comes off as smug to me, and his constant touting of his war record is getting annoying - 'heroes' don't constantly make a point of proving how heroic they are, they let their actions speak for them. Action-wise, Kerry's a guy that's quick to boast about medals he obtained in a war that he vehemently protested. Something about that bothers me. Of course this is not to say that plenty things about Bush bother me...

tedtropy

Hamfam said:
In one breath, claiming it'd be no different, in the next, claiming it would.

And at no point did I claim that Bush was handling the war well, hence the lack of change I mentioned. Don't instantly assume my bias...

Pimpwerx

I'd mourn. Because overall, not much will change. We'll be less war-mongering pricks on the world stage, and we'd stop cannibalizing the welfare state, but there will be no social or political change, and we'd probably have to endure Kerry for 8 years. 8 years of corporate backslapping. No spank you. But Kerry >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Bush, so it would be grounds for a celebratory toke....right after my normally daily toke of course. :D PEACE.

With Kerry as president, things really wouldn't be all that different for a while, but I'd be happy that the Bush administration was gone.

As for what I'd do on election night, probably nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom