• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So when did OPM start putting their demo discs in dvd cases? (pics)

Is this the first month that OPM have had slimline DVD cases for their demo discs (Sept. issue #96)? It's definitely the first time that I've noticed it, but maybe I'm out of the loop. The bookstores that have had backissues all had the demos in the paper sleeves (the same as what I'm still getting through the mail). Sorry for the blurry pics..

p10100022bi.jpg

p10100048sm.jpg

p10100059ze.jpg

What I'd really like to know is if there are any downloadable covers for the OPM demo discs anywhere? OXM offers them at their site, but I can't seem to find any Playstation ones.

Both OPM and OXM in the UK have always had DVD cases. I think OXM has changed to slimmer cases now though which is a bit annoying as I'd sometimes change demo cases with any games I had with annoying stickers on them.

jooey

The Motorcycle That Wouldn't Slow Down
it's the first one SO DON'T PANIC.

I wrote a letter to OPM in like '97 saying they should at least put their discs in cardboard sleeves. 8 YEARS LATER THEY DO ME ONE BETTER

Himuro said:
I have a subscription and it was the traditional paper sleeve. Subscribers always get the weak end of the deal.

Same with me.. my issue came with the paper sleeve. I bought this one at the bookstore. OXM does the same thing... cardboard sleeve for subscribers, and dvd case for newstand goers. But at least you can download the dvd sleeve from their site and make your own case, which is a nice option.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
all dvd cases should be clear. give us cool inside cover art work like Metal Gear Acid for the PSP

SKOPE

Tom Byron said:
Beginning with the September issue (OPM96) and continuing through November (OPM98), we're testing a new look for the OPM DVD that I think everyone will find to be rather unequivocably awesome: we're putting it in a real jewel case! The images here of the package fronts for the September and October discs tell the whole story. We're pretty certain that the OPM faithful as well as new readers will find this packaging approach to their liking. Doesn't it look like a real PlayStation 2 product? Isn't it attractive and worthy of a spot on your shelf with all your other PS2 games? Yeah.

The tests are being conducted primarily through Barnes & Noble bookstores (and various and sundry other non-chain bookstores throughout the nation). If the tests are positive (that is, if people really dig it) we'll probably roll this out for the entire newsstand run beginning likely with the January issue. Not sure yet how we'll handle subscribers.
http://opmtomb.1up.com/do/blogEntry?bId=5330346&publicUserId=1002439

Damn, beaten.

ram

here in germany the opm2 magazine is one of the most expensive mags around. they want 7.50 € for a blant and boring mag with the demo dvd. and you dont get a dvd case.

in spain, you have the same thing for 6 € with demo dvd in slim case and a 45 pages psp guide.

Miburou

So in other words, OXM ripped off OPM, which then in turn ripped off OXM, which is ripping everybody off with its shoddy writing.

Top Bottom