• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Socom 3 betas have been shipped (at least some of them)

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
mine's at home. you have to sign for them, btw. I was lucky someone was there. anyone going on tonight, let me know. or we can all meet up this weekend.

tenchir

Just checked again, mine is coming tomorrow. Just wondering, is the servers up yet? Can you guys who received the disc play yet? If you can, let's schedule a game tomorrow.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
they're up but not many people are online (i dont have my beta yet)

dont expect many people online unless this beta kicks ass :p
max # of people i saw for socom 2 was 1k in the first day or two...then it went down to like 200-400 ppl

how much space is neeeded to save on memory card?

yesssssss! they delivered mine just now (a day early). i'll be on in a few mins. i expect my username will be FrenchMov, unless they allow frenchmovietheme

the game is pretty decent so far. i only played for about 20 minutes. there aren't many options that you can adjust right now (i can't fucking play w/o invert aiming come on dudes!), but the game should be awesome if you liked socom 2

also does anyone know how to turn down the volume if you have the original socom 1 mic? shit is fucking LOUD when people talk

also, invite me to the GAF clan when you guys get the game! my username is FrenchMov!

chief

hey how do you become a beta tester?I'm new to this and never knew reguler people could test unreleased games. are there beta tests for xbox and nintendo games to?also where do you sign up for this testing?

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
chief said:
hey how do you become a beta tester?I'm new to this and never knew reguler people could test unreleased games. are there beta tests for xbox and nintendo games to?also where do you sign up for this testing?

for Sony you have to register your playstation and adapter online. I think join the playstation underground, and in this case, be a member of the socom seals online site. but at the main Sony site you can check a box if you have the adapter and are interested in beta tests.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
I got my beta a day early too :) Havent had a chance to play but ill be using the name..

matrixadw

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
no beta for me, although there's 2 packges out there in delivery according to the tracker

i guess its tomorrow for e

Drey1082

got mine, clan invite please, and if you guys are going to get a group going for sometime this weekend, count me in.

Tag is: Drey1082

tenchir

Still waiting for mine, according to tracking, it is still "Out for Delivery". I am pretty sure I haven't missed the delivery man because there aren't any notes for me. Should we set up a game for tonight? I will play around 7:00 PST.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
mine hasn't arrived yet...2 packages say they're arriving today, while another package missed delivery yesterday...

a ups truck did come by last night though...i think a fellow beta tester is down the street like 4-5 houses away from me since the beta packages were the only thing coming out here

Yusaku

Wow, maybe it's because I've never played the previous SOCOM games, but this is a tough pill to swallow. BF2 must have spoiled me. The framerate in this game is terrible.

my mic didn't work at first either, i had to reset it. make sure you plus the mic in before you turn on your system

p.s. im going to wait till everyone here at GA gets it, i'm already annoyed playing with strangers... im tired of hearing U GOT OWNED!!!1 from 12 year olds (on my own team and otherwise)

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Yusaku said:
Wow, maybe it's because I've never played the previous SOCOM games, but this is a tough pill to swallow. BF2 must have spoiled me. The framerate in this game is terrible.

socom always had shitty framerates....so i assume they didnt improve it in socom 3 either? :|

Defensor

Mistaken iRobbery!
The beta is full of glitches and bugs. Text would turn into blocks and other colors and even disapear. Mics work in some rooms, and not in others... Saw drey and tried to send an invite but you left the room.

Drey1082

Defensor said:
The beta is full of glitches and bugs. Text would turn into blocks and other colors and even disapear. Mics work in some rooms, and not in others... Saw drey and tried to send an invite but you left the room.

yeah, i was trying to get the mic to work. Send an invite if you can.

Defensor

Mistaken iRobbery!
Post your SN's and I'll send the invites to them.

EDIT: You gotta be online for me to even send you a friend invite like SOCOM II.... We need to setup a time so we can login and send the invites up and running.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Defensor said:
Post your SN's and I'll send the invites to them.

EDIT: You gotta be online for me to even send you a friend invite like SOCOM II.... We need to setup a time so we can login and send the invites up and running.

what! i thought they dont have to be online. what bs, i hope its becuase it's a beta

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
Yea...guess I just expected it to be in a better state. I just read a big ridiculous article about how good the new communication tools are too. lollerz.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
omg. believe it or not, SCEA sent me 2 copies of the beta. they did the same thing when I was in the Socom 2 beta. hahahah...

tenchir

Ronin said:
Godammit, I was asleep when UPS came. :(

Mine didn't come at all period. Fuckers.

edit: Found out why they didn't come, just checked my status again and saw this:

Activity: A CORRECT STREET NUMBER IS NEEDED FOR DELIVERY. UPS IS ATTEMPTING TO OBTAIN THIS INFORMATION .

Edit 2: Called them, now I have to wait till monday to pick it up.

Defensor

Mistaken iRobbery!
Figured it out. Both people have to be online for friends invite, but for Clan invite it doesn't matter. Sent invites out, check your clan invites in the main menu online.

Yusaku

Saw a someone with [GAF] in their name earlier. Didn't recognize the name, though.

Feel free to send a guild invite to Yus-LLJK.

I wonder if my shitty framerate is due to being in widescreen.

tenchir

Yusaku said:
Saw a someone with [GAF] in their name earlier. Didn't recognize the name, though.

Feel free to send a guild invite to Yus-LLJK.

I wonder if my shitty framerate is due to being in widescreen.

There's a widescreen mode? Wouldn't people with WS have the advantage over people with 4:3 set because they have wider vision?

Slo

Ok, I didn't really play Socom 2 online, but so far I'm not really impressed. This feels like Battlefield: Counter Strike, but with bad graphics and weird controls.

Veterans: so far is there anything that 3 has that 2 doesn't?

teepo

i didn't get my beta yet :(

:( :(

and the tracking thing on ups doesn't show any beta's being delievered to my area.

:( :( :(

Nos_G

tenchir said:
There's a widescreen mode? Wouldn't people with WS have the advantage over people with 4:3 set because they have wider vision?

Actually, it's even harder to track people with a wider vision... mainly because you are making more effort to keep your eyes on the whole view.

I don't have my demo yet and my toshiba 30hf83 succumbed to a power surge... the picture tube may be busted because the picture is really blurry. :(

Electron

What is the "rumor" as far has hit detection goes? I was a huge fan of S1 and played S2 but hated the hit detection.....the game became to run and gun for my liking. I'm also hoping teamwork is now more important.

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
Slo said:
Ok, I didn't really play Socom 2 online, but so far I'm not really impressed. This feels like Battlefield: Counter Strike, but with bad graphics and weird controls.

Veterans: so far is there anything that 3 has that 2 doesn't?

vehicles? um...weapon add ons? encumbrance? more players?

really...gameplay is where it's at with socom and I expect that will improve down the line from this beta but...for the first time in a long time of socom whoring I felt like they should have waited to put it on their next system. Their different, but right after I played the beta I went and played a scheduled game of Ghost Recon and it was sooooo much more satisfying in the immediate sense. The demo of Battlefield MC I played recently was also a lot more promising.

Top Bottom