• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Solasta: Crown of the Magister - Fantasy RPG Gameplay.

ookami

Tactical Adventures, the development studio, was founded by Mathieu Girard who is one of the founders of Amplitude Studio (Endless Space 1&2, Dungeon of the Endless, etc).
Here is their Kickstarter page.
1nSWKhp.png

Pejo

Gold Member
Tactical Adventures, the development studio, was founded by Mathieu Girard who is one of the founders of Amplitude Studio (Endless Space 1&2, Dungeon of the Endless, etc).
Here is their Kickstarter page.
1nSWKhp.png
I get what they're trying to say here, but "not fond of" and "won't give in to EpicBux™" are two different things sadly. Shenmue 3 really rustled my jimmies with this sort of thing, which sucks since I actually like the look of the game. I only skipped around in the video, but I'll check it out tonight at home and think about it. Absolutely a no go for me personally if it turns Epic Exclusive, which makes me hesitant to back it at all.

ookami

I get what they're trying to say here, but "not fond of" and "won't give in to EpicBux™" are two different things sadly. Shenmue 3 really rustled my jimmies with this sort of thing, which sucks since I actually like the look of the game. I only skipped around in the video, but I'll check it out tonight at home and think about it. Absolutely a no go for me personally if it turns Epic Exclusive, which makes me hesitant to back it at all.
Well... If you still doubt here what they say about it in the FAQ:
We will not go Exclusive on Epic Game Store.

While it is impossible to prove on Kickstarter that someone won't ever go to Epic Games Store, we can tell you however is that Mathieu (our CEO) has released all his previous games at Amplitude Studios on Steam (Endless Space, Endless Legend...). Another thing to keep in mind is that we're a new Studio looking to create many games in the future, and we cannot build a community on broken promises.

So yea. We will not go Exclusive on Epic Game Store.

FStubbs

Well... If you still doubt here what they say about it in the FAQ:

Yep, so basically, they might (if Epic allows them to) release on Epic Game Store, but not exclusively. And no one would have a problem with it if that's how it shook out.

RPGDave

Neo Member
D&D 5e based? How did they manage to get that license?

But pretty cool if true. Would get it if it's released on GoG.

5e is open license now.; but just the ruleset. They cannot use any characters (e.g., Drizzt, Eliminster, etc.) locations (Faerun), monsters (e.g., , beholders) etc. that are trademarked by D&D and they can't market it as a Dungeons and Dragons game.

RPGDave

Neo Member
The Kickstarter isn't loading for me, but is there any mention of a console version in the stretch goals?

They haven't announced any stretch goals yet since they're only ~33% of the way towards the goal. That said, it seems very unlikely that would be one of the stretch goals They have stated under platforms sections "In order to focus on providing the best experience we can, we will first focus on releasing Solasta: Crown of the Magister on PC only. While we may port the game on Mac or Consoles, we do not want to make promises that we might have to break due to complexity, time or budget constraints. "

RPGDave

Neo Member
It seems they have decided to also release it on Mac computers as the front page now says a Mac version will be released after the Windows version.

Anyway game is now funded and they're working towards stretch goals in the final three days which are mainly additional character backgrounds and classes. Looks like the Ranger class will likely be unlocked.

Miyazaki’s Slave

Gold Member
**Full disclosure** I backed it regardless of the platform it ends up on....

'Round these parts I know "EGS exclusive" is a most profane slur....but if I were struggling to secure funding for a game that I wanted to make sure was released I imagine it (EGS exclusive release window) would be a welcome relief to the pressure of managing month to month finances for a dev team especially for a niche (my opinion) pc only title.

Last edited:

Fuz

Banned

See this exclusive look at the Solasta: Crown of the Magister FREE demo before it goes live for everyone on September 3. From Tactical Adventures, Solasta: Crown of the Magister is an upcoming fantasy, party-based roleplaying game based on the Dungeons & Dragons fifth edition rules.

The interface is ugly AF. Out of tone with the rest. Hope it's not definitive.

Last edited:

amigastar

I'm interested in that game.
Curious how the ratings will be.
As far as i know full release will be tomorrow.

Last edited:

amigastar

Reviews already out. Looking good

amigastar

I have a question, how is the DLC working? Is it it's own story (lvl 1-16) or will it be added to the main story?

Desless1

Funny, cool to see this thread. Started the game (base) couple of weeks back, having a blast.

The combat really shines in this game.

Sad thing is that I need to complete it before I can start Diablo IV.

amigastar

Funny, cool to see this thread. Started the game (base) couple of weeks back, having a blast.

The combat really shines in this game.

Sad thing is that I need to complete it before I can start Diablo IV.
Yes, combat is awesome and fun in this game.
Did you buy it on Steam or do you play the game pass version?

I have a question, how is the DLC working? Is it its own story (lvl 1-16) or will it be added to the main story?
The Palace of Ice is a separate campaign that you select when you go into a new game. On the left you’ll see ‘Crown of the Magister’, just click on the select campaign button the change it to the new one.

I believe it’s level 10-16 so you’ll need to either load up your existing characters (which will be upped to level 10) or create new ones which upon jumping into the campaign, will level you up to level 10.

Zug

Solasta is very underrated, I like the tactical combat in this better than in DoS2, DnD5 is a very solid game system for CRPG's.
For the old timers, it's the modern version of Temple of Elemental Evil.

Top Bottom