• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Songs that you wish were longer

O-N-E

Some rare instances, but they exist. A song hits just the right way, but leaves you wanting way more of it.

Graduation Day made me think of this initially. I guess it acts as an interlude, but it sounds damn good.

And another -

Edit: A couple more.

This wizkid part of Drake's One Dance was originally supposed to be its own thing and I'd much rather it had been its own song.

And a part of a soundtrack and show that I greatly enjoy. There's different versions of this theme as the show progresses, but yeah. Wouldn't mind a much longer version. Otherworldly, epic, intense.

Edit 2: I remembered, Try a Little Tenderness has some of the best buildup to a song all the way to the end. Then it bursts out in a really satisfying way. Could've gone on after that.

Last edited:

Ionian

A dude ree-did "You Never give me Your Money" Added an extra verse.

It's great. Tried finding it failed. Seems gone.

Last edited:

FatallyYours

Gold Member
I'd quite happily listen to another 30/60 seconds of build up to Blind by Korn.
Nobody by Skindred
Before I Forget by Slipknot

Not standard "classics" by any means, but if I'm pumping myself up for a night out or gig or anything I'll stick on a playlist with party songs to get me going

Knights of Cydonia by Muse, specifically the live versions with the Man with the Harmonica intro. Could happily listen to more of Morricone's song

RAÏSanÏa

It's my example of why techno songs are usually 10minutes long. The song itself is a fine tight regional interplanetary journey. 1 minute build up/countdown then launch. The midpoint about 230 hangs into a drop into the inner solar system as the ship slips quick and sudden into orbit at destination.

Raven117

Feels like this was the beginning of an epic. (Yes, the jimi Hendricks version is more awesome, but wanted to go with the original).

Kev Kev

the length is 5:35 but it doesnt really kick into full gear till around 1:30. and it has a sort of ambient outro that i wish was just david gilmour going ham on a bendy guiatr solo for another 2 minutes. its just such a beautiful chord prog and melody, and the lyrics are just wonderful as always. damn i love me some pink floyd

Catphish

the length is 5:35 but it doesnt really kick into full gear till around 1:30. and it has a sort of ambient outro that i wish was just david gilmour going ham on a bendy guiatr solo for another 2 minutes. its just such a beautiful chord prog and melody, and the lyrics are just wonderful as always. damn i love me some pink floyd

2nd favorite album of all time

DSotM is 1st

Kev Kev

i also wish the idea in this song was expanded upon...

they were really onto something here. could have been a billboard top 100

belmarduk

Definitely Every Angel Is Terrifying by The Weeknd. The build-up for an amazing track is there.. but it turns into a skit, hopefully at some point he will release it as an actual song.

RAÏSanÏa

Chevell - Face to the Floor

Pistol Star

Sun-compared-to-Pistol-Star-Rho-Cassiopeiae-Betelgeuse-and-VY-Canis-Majoris.webp

That guitar picking in the second half could edge a bit longer
along with some similar reasons with my prev post.
file_19246_0_murphysunshine.jpg

Rest

All these years later I still chuckle at what a fucking moron that guy is.
Jaco Pastorius - Opus Pocus

Rest

Ozzy Osbourne ft. Mike Inez - No More Tears

Rest

The Sword - Chronomancer 1: Hubris

Rest

The Sword - The Warp Riders

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
I Will Possess Your Heart

If your build-up is gonna be 5 minutes long then I need at least 6 minutes of actual song

Top Bottom