• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony announces GDC presence, teases new technology/online service announcements

Status
Not open for further replies.

Busty

Banned
mckmas8808 said:
Can't wait. I wonder what the exclusive game is.

Agreed. The word exclusive to me suggests third party considering first party games are exclusive by default.

I'm sure, like they said it'll be awesome, but if it is a third party game then you know the various trolls are going to be saying 'timed exclusive' and time and date release confirmed regardless!

I'm not sure about all these Killzone impressions though. I have a horrible feeling that despite all Sony's efforts that if Killzone looks anything less than 80/90% close to the trailer they are going to be torn to pieces regardless.

Tieno

Busty said:
Agreed. The word exclusive to me suggests third party considering first party games are exclusive by default.

I'm sure, like they said it'll be awesome, but if it is a third party game then you know the various trolls are going to be saying 'timed exclusive' and time and date release confirmed regardless!

I'm not sure about all these Killzone impressions though. I have a horrible feeling that despite all Sony's efforts that if Killzone looks anything less than 80/90% close to the trailer they are going to be torn to pieces regardless.
It's their own fault though.

Mojovonio

Banned
can we just get excited about the games without ingesting any sort of Sony Kool-aid please?

we can do without the "TEH PS3 AM TEH BESTIST HW!!!" shit.

starship

psycho_snake's and The Black Brad Pitt's B*TCH
TobitheCat said:
Pipe down there, Dave. This guy hasn't made a good game since Messiah. I used to admire the guy until he sold his soul to make a shitty licensed game. He's this generation's Trip Hawkins...

TobitheCat
I rail against unbelievers
in Microsoft's holy name

Busty

Banned
Tieno said:

That is very true actually. They have made their bed
of deception
, now they will have to lie
on the itchy covers of truth

Unless of course, it looks like the trailer
:D

ManaByte

Busty said:

It's not a third party game. It was shown to the press last night.

Busty

Banned
ManaByte said:
It's not a third party game. It was shown to the press last night.

I see. Do we know that for a fact?

I thought that someone had already made the distinction between this 'unannounced' game and Littlebigplanet, or whatever it's called.

Krowley

Busty said:

I thought that someone had already made the distinction between this 'unannounced' game and Littlebigplanet, or whatever it's called.

I was under the impression that it had been confirmed they were the same thing.

FrankT

Busty said:
That is very true actually. They have made their bed
of deception
, now they will have to lie
on the itchy covers of truth

Unless of course, it looks like the trailer
:D

And of course we already know that it doesn't, but the bigger question remains how close is it? If it can get 80/90% as someone already suggested that would be great, but I think we all know, it's gonna be seriously difficult. From what I gather from the early impressions if it's getting a frowny face when compared to Resistance and GOW, well we all know at this point that the crap is going hit the fan. I say, bring it.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Tieno said:
If it looks good enough, though, they may escape it.

Motorstorm really doesn't look anywhere near as detailed as the original CG trailer...but the final game looks good enough that people aren't harping on that fact anymore.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Busty said:

I don't think so. Marketwatch referred to LittleBigPlanet as a game that Harrison showed off last night, and all the journos/GameDaily have referenced a game to be unveiled tomorrow, so it seems logical that LittleBigPlanet is that game.

I think it's overwhelmingly likely it (LittleBigPlanet) is a Sony game. From its description, the keynote is to show off stuff from SCEWWS, and Sony usually only shows stuff from their own studios at these events.

Busty

Banned
Jtyettis said:
And of course we already know that it doesn't, but the bigger question remains how close is it? If it can get 80/90% as someone already suggested that would be great, but I think we all know, it's gonna be seriously difficult. From what I gather from the early impressions if it's getting a frowny face when compared to Resistance and GOW, well we all know a this point that the crap is going hit the fan. I say, bring it.

Yeah, it was me that made the 80/90% suggestion earlier on. I don't think anyone really expected the trailer to be achieveable completely, but to honest, from all the stories that I heard about how the CGI trailer was actually made. I expected them to get pretty close.

If it barely reaches Resistance levels (don't get me wrong, I think R:FOM looks amazing) then I, and alot of other people, will be gutted. We expected big things of Killzone (really of next gen as a whole IMHO) and if the game (as people are now beginning to suggest) looks noticeably differnet from the trailer, then yes, it's a major problem.

But I think of the reasons Killzone was probably shown behind closed doors is becasue the game is stil a while off from being finished. R:FOM didn't look anywhere near as good at E3 as it did when it launched.

But, as always, we shall see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom