• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony is showing PlayStation 5 Slim in three new colors | CES 2024

DSC_3969.jpg

csm_DSC_3973_b9c95e2c46.jpg

The products pictured above were photographed by Notebook Check at CES in Las Vegas this week.

Featuring a “smooth metallic finish”, the Deep Earth Collection (Volcanic Red, Cobalt Blue and Sterling Silver) of DualSense controllers and console covers was first announced for the original PS5 model in September 2023.

PS5 Slim versions were then announced alongside the new console model in October.
“A variety of PS5 Console Cover colors for the new model will be available starting in early 2024, including an all-matte Black colorway and the Deep Earth Collection colors in Volcanic Red, Cobalt Blue, and Sterling Silver,” Sony said at the time.

“Prices for the PS5 Console Covers will start at 54.99 USD | 54.99 EURO | 44.99 GBP | 7,480 JPY. Additional colors will be released in the future.”

Last edited:
Thick Thighs Save Lives Thick Thighs Save Lives You probably should have made a CES thread and put all this Sony CES-related news in it, instead of a new thread for each highlight. I can just see how 3 more stories would mean we would be hopping between 5 different threads.
Mega threads on message boards like GAF are weird because it's hard to keep up several discussions at the same time on varying topics without having a threaded format like on reddit. And even there mega-threads simply stifles discussion so I disagree. People who don't like these types of threads can press the ignore button.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Thick Thighs Save Lives Thick Thighs Save Lives You probably should have made a CES thread and put all this Sony CES-related news in it, instead of a new thread for each highlight. I can just see how 3 more stories would mean we would be hopping between 5 different threads.
Mega threads loose a lot of info for people

I have been putting out a new thread for all the new monitors just so people stay informed

Mr.Phoenix

Mega threads on message boards like GAF are weird because it's hard to keep up several discussions at the same time on varying topics without having a threaded format like on reddit. And even there mega-threads simply stifles discussion so I disagree. People who don't like these types of threads can press the ignore button.

Mega threads loose a lot of info for people

I have been putting out a new thread for all the new monitors just so people stay informed
Ok.. understood. Makes sense I guess.

I just bought cobalt blue and volcanic red controllers. I didn't even know these colours had released months ago. You can get the matching covers as well. Do they not sell covers for the "slim"?

and Yeah, the slim is ugly. I just stood my launch day console vertically for the first time and it looks fine from any angle. These slims only look good from the side.

Last edited:
I just bought cobalt blue and volcanic red controllers. I didn't even know these colours had released months ago. You can get the matching covers as well. Do they not sell covers for the "slim"?
Not yet.
A variety of PS5 Console Cover colors for the new model will be available starting in early 2024, including an all-matte Black colorway and the Deep Earth Collection colors in Volcanic Red, Cobalt Blue, and Sterling Silver,” Sony said at the time

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
csm_DSC_3973_b9c95e2c46.jpg

These looks sick, but...
DSC_3969.jpg

These looks just plain vomit inducing.

Hopefully there is a digital only version.
Are we looking at the same pics? I think those are quite flattering.

Even if the aesthetic isn't your cup of tea, those are quite sleek and shiny and if they should ever be vomit inducing to royalty like yourself, it's of pics of them in the wrong setup or a busted ugly dirty unit.

justiceiro

Marlboro: Other M
Are we looking at the same pics? I think those are quite flattering.

Even if the aesthetic isn't your cup of tea, those are quite sleek and shiny and if they should ever be vomit inducing to royalty like yourself, it's of pics of them in the wrong setup or a busted ugly dirty unit.
The first one reminds me of PS3. The second could pass for a ps6 mockup that circulated in gaming foruns circa 2006.

cireza

Red and Blue are really nice if you ask me. I still don't like the shape at all though.

Last edited:

VinnyMac

I have 3rd Party black ones right now will definitely get the red when they drop

Edit just saw that they will be having a matte black as well decisions decisions

Last edited:

ShirAhava

Plays with kids toys, in the adult gaming world
Nice colors but its impressive how i think the slim looks 10x better than the launch model but still looks really bad

ReBurn

Gold Member
Was hoping these were new new colors instead of old new colors we already knew about. Still like the cobalt blue.

Eh I still think the PS5 is one of the uglier playstation consoles. Making a slim doesn't really improve anything as far as aesthetics. I'd go as far as saying the PS3 is better looking. If I were Sony I would have done a complete redesign with the slim.

Last edited:

EDMIX

2015-01-26-playstation-4-ps4-especial-aniversario-psone-comparacao.jpg

A 30th anniversary edition should be released at the end of the year...we'll see how it is.

Big facts.

I have like PS4's so it made no sense for me to get this version lol I did however get the controller and still use it till this day.

I would be a retro PS5 controller like that and PS5 Retro Faceplates in a heartbeat!

Rac3r

These are fire. Reminds me of the special edition metallic PS2s. Wish they had some pastel colors or an all white variant, but these look really good.

Last edited:
Top Bottom