• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony's Gamescom Media Briefing On "Release Plans for PlayStation 4"

I wonder if there'll be a new Beyond trailer tomorrow?
I feel like the marketing for that has been a little all over the place compared to Heavy Rain, definitely not as effective.
I hope not. I definitely have seen enough to be hyped. Will close my eyes tomorrow if they show another trailer. Marketing has been fine so far (for Sony's standards anyway), only mistake was the E3 trailer. They should have shown the Tribeca trailer again with some new footage mixed in. Seems like a lot of people missed it the first time around and it is a really great trailer for hype.

I get what they tried to do with the E3 demo (getting dudebros on board), but it pissed off some of their core audience. Which is pretty stupid considering it is just a single scene in a 12 hour game, but marketing is tricky and they should have thought about that.

At least the game is getting quite the store push and Sony Germany is currently promoting it on all their channels (all banners changed to Beyond with nothing else) and they are driving through towns with a truck with demo stations inside. They are always parking near cinemas and game shops, which is pretty smart. Once it stops in Berlin I will check it out as well and see if the controls are really that bad, considering I mastered HR's controls :D

I hope we will see some adverts on TV as well. Beyond should do fine in Europe. In US it is currently the 15th most pre-ordered game according to some analyst group, so that is alright as well, especially for the type of game it is.

1fgboj.jpg

2y3bvx.jpg

3e8zyr.jpg

4col86.jpg

Persona86

Banned
Hand in your British card pls
I'm British, couldn't give a shit

I overheard a guy on the bus yesterday talking to his mate about FIFA is the only game he owns, and he plays it every day. He said every other game is boring, expect for Tekken, which he used to play about 6 years ago but stopped. My soul was slowly ebbing away as I listened.

I play FIFA/PES for the local multiplayer. So it's not really a day 1 must buy for me, I'll get it eventually to play a few fun matches against my bro.

At least we can take solace in the fact that it's going to be impossible for Gamescom to be as bad as the last several TGS events. Events that serve as a harsh reminder that the Japanese side of gaming is in a tailspin.

I hope not. I definitely have seen enough to be hyped. Will close my eyes tomorrow if they show another trailer. Marketing has been fine so far (for Sony's standards anyway), only mistake was the E3 trailer. They should have shown the Tribeca trailer again with some new footage mixed in. Seems like a lot of people missed it the first time around and it is a really great trailer for hype.

I get what they tried to do with the E3 demo (getting dudebros on board), but it pissed off some of their core audience. Which is pretty stupid considering it is just a single scene in a 12 hour game, but marketing is tricky and they should have thought about that.

At least the game is getting quite the store push and Sony Germany is currently promoting it on all their channels (all banners changed to Beyond with nothing else) and they are driving through towns with a truck with demo stations inside. They are always parking near cinemas and game shops, which is pretty smart. Once it stops in Berlin I will check it out as well and see if the controls are really that bad, considering I mastered HR's controls :D

I hope we will see some adverts on TV as well. Beyond should do fine in Europe. In US it is currently the 15th most pre-ordered game according to some analyst group, so that is alright as well, especially for the type of game it is.

1fgboj.jpg

2y3bvx.jpg

3e8zyr.jpg

4col86.jpg

That's good to see, they've had some two-page spreads in UK newspapers and stuff as well, seems like they're doing well to advertise it on the ground.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
What the hell kind of alternate universe time zone is BST?

1 hour ahead of GMT. Spring forward, fall back? We're in spring forward right now. We just give it a new name for some reason.

Time difference is still the same - most of Europe is an hour ahead, EST still -5, PST still -8

Mikey Jr.

Must be a vast majority of this forum daydreaming then.

360 was such a runaway success in NA because of it's early launch and price.

Now they are launching at same time, PS4 100 bucks cheaper, and the first impression Xbone came to the buying public is that it's a restrictive draconian console. Lots of people don't even know about the 180s.

I guess we'll see.

I just don't understand how you could say they are on even footing based on what you've said, but ok.

Right, 360 was a success because of early launch and price. PS3 was $200 more and came a year later. Really, the only advantage PS3 was coming in with was that it was a "cheap" blu-ray player.

Now, they are releasing at the same time, and Xbone is a $100 more. So, there is only a $100 diff this time instead of $200. Plus, MS has BF4 DLC time ex., COD DLC timed ex., Titan Fall exclusive. So MS are in a WAY better position coming into next gen than the PS3 did last gen.

Yes, in the short term, PS4 will most likely do much better. But I am talking over the next few years. I think the race in the West will be much tighter next gen. Its not a knock against the PS4. I am probably ONLY going to buy a PS4. Check my post history.

Like I said, each system has their pro's and cons and I think its kinda silly to already be calling who won this next generation.

So who's gonna watch it live?

Of course. What other way is there. You've always got to watch this shit live, for the megatons and slip-ups.

Just, please don't let there be anything as agonising to sit through as that AssCreed IV demo crash from E3. God, that was butt-clenchingly awkward.

Sony conference threads always become anti-hype threads the day before.

With both Verendus and Demonite travelling, we have to hope that Gopher will bring the hype. We need pure unbridled hype

Didn't you see his last post? The ninjas are watching.

The ninjas are doing a damn good job. I expect a good show. A few PS4 titles, a few vita titles and a release date. I'd be drunk off of hype and satisfaction

rjinaz

Sony conference threads always become anti-hype threads the day before.

I think that's healthier. If your expectations are low you can be pleasantly surprised if the show is good, or expectant if the show is nothing special. That's better than the massive disappointments I see occur in Nintendo threads time and time again during events such as these.

SpeedNut

In most countries (including the developer's country!) BF4 will be available on PS4 months in advance of the XBone version, so the timed DLC doesn't seem like much of an incentive in hindsight. I'll bet DICE are facepalming over that one.

What do they care, they already cashed the check! The poor MS sap who architected that deal is the one drinking his own tears at the moment.

Top Bottom