• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Soulslike ‘Enotria: The Last Song’ Launches Free 8-Hour Demo on Steam and PS5

More deets via Noisy Pixel:
Jyamma Games has announced that its upcoming soulslike, Enotria: The Last Song, now has a free eight-hour-long demo available on PC via Steam as part of Next Fest until June 17, 2024. The demo is also available on PlayStation 5.

The demo will start with players controlling the Mask of Change in Quinta, the City of Actors. Here, you’ll begin facing off against the Authors who created the eternal play keeping the world in a stasis, the Canovaccio.

Gameplay-wise, the demo will have four classes with unique weapons, six masks providing new playstyles and passive abilities, over 20 spells, and 30 perks to offer vast player choice.
The team also launched its first developer diary video, featuring various staff members discussing the specifics of the title at length and showing behind-the-scenes footage.

The full game will feature 68 unlockable skills and a staggering 150 million different build combinations when considering every customizable factor, such as the previously mentioned facets alongside eight parry modifiers. Another notable feature is the ability to alter reality, changing environmental states to solve puzzles and discover secrets. Enotria: The Last Song also features lands inspired by Italian nature.

Enotria: The Last Song will be released on September 19, 2024, for PlayStation 5, PC, and Xbox Series X|S.

Last edited:
8 hour demo is crazy. That’s longer than a lot of full games.
Longer than Hellblade 2
Danger 5 Laughing GIF

Last edited:
It is a beautiful looking project and it will be interesting to demo. At the moment I am trying to knock Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty out of my backlog, but it keeps going and I am going to need a major break after before attempting another action adventure game.
MaskSwitch.gif

Last edited:

Alebrije

Played the demo:

Pros :

Great art direction
Feels and plays like a souls Game
Interesting leveling of character
Different Side weapons, Magic.
Mask mechanic plus 3 loadouts is nice
Tons of weapons
Exploration is like Souls , and rewards are good,

Downs :

Enemy animation feels forced, not fluid
Enemy AI is worse than any souls , a Lot of moments enemies just stand still
Jump feels extrange , I mean like there is no Gravity
Hit boxes are " weird"
On PS5 graphic mode feels Bad , performance just fine

Just finished the firsth BOSS , if they manage to improve enemies movement , attacks , AI. The gg Game would be good , also the performance vs graphic options needs improvement on PS5

Overall is a promising Game but needs work.

Last edited:

ChoosableOne

ChoosableAll
Out of respect for the 8-hour demo, I downloaded and tried the game. I liked the graphics and art design. The sword fighting is actually good, but the movements of our character are a bit too stiff; the animation could have been better. Especially the dodge animation to the left and right is a bit strange, like a knight's L-move in chess, which distracts me. As mentioned, the AI could have been better, but it's serviceable. Also, I collected a lot of different loot in my 20 minutes of playtime. If the full version has this much loot, I don't know how we will keep track of it. It could be a nice Souls-like game, but for now, I can say it's behind Lies of P.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I wonder what the chances are of them “fixing” these problems. 🤔

Going by impressions so far.
It is a beautiful looking project and it will be interesting to demo. At the moment I am trying to knock Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty out of my backlog, but it keeps going and I am going to need a major break after before attempting another action adventure game.
MaskSwitch.gif
Are you planning on playing Wo Long’s DLC? I feel like no one was talking about it. I forgot it was getting multiple episode DLC.

Last edited:
I played it, but the perks system and masks are just too convoluted. The biggest issue was being locked into attack animations while wanting to cancel.

Are you planning on playing Wo Long’s DLC? I feel like no one was talking about it. I forgot it was getting multiple episode DLC.
Sorry for the late reply. I played them all at this point. The first one (brings back Yellow Heaven enemies) is a bit of a snoozer, but gives you two powerful allies. The second one is awesome (starts with pirate attack and proceeds to territorial conquest with cool rival) and very challenging. The third is just an extension of the main game and the final boss is super cheap. The best parts are the whip, cestus, and longsword weapons added.

Last edited:
Top Bottom