• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Speculation] Knuckles Solo Game?

D-X

Next G4 Episode

http://www.g4tv.com/cinematech/episodes/4313/Race_for_Mediocrity_.html

"Race for Mediocrity
Episode #5066

Come experience the new Prince of Persia wall run into your heart. As long as the guys from the Sniper Elite trailer don’t shoot it first! Plus, a visual history of the portable Castlevania games await you as you attempt to unveil Knuckles the Echidna’s dark secret. And just for the heck of it, Jet Set Future Radio, Alone in the Dark, Battlestar Galactica, and Stretch Panic make up the rest of the suspects. Happy now? We think you will be."

So is this the next game in the solo series or just a mix up with the Shadow game?

D-X said:
Next G4 Episode

http://www.g4tv.com/cinematech/episodes/4313/Race_for_Mediocrity_.html

"Race for Mediocrity
Episode #5066

Come experience the new Prince of Persia wall run into your heart. As long as the guys from the Sniper Elite trailer don’t shoot it first! Plus, a visual history of the portable Castlevania games await you as you attempt to unveil Knuckles the Echidna’s dark secret. And just for the heck of it, Jet Set Future Radio, Alone in the Dark, Battlestar Galactica, and Stretch Panic make up the rest of the suspects. Happy now? We think you will be."

So is this the next game in the solo series or just a mix up with the Shadow game?

Wouldn't surprise me. They held a poll a little while ago asking gamers which of Sonic's buddies they'd like to see in a solo game. Obviously, one can come to the conclusion that Shadow is the result of that, except that the first screens for the Shadow game were released mere days after the poll was held.

I can see Sega trying to branch off the Sonic universe even further. After all, they seem to be the only games selling for them these days.

As for a Knuckles game? As long as it's not another hunt-a-thon. Or another tag-team affair.

For all of Sega's Sonic whoring, have they not even considered doing a visually stunning Sonic game with JUST SONIC. No tag team crap, no mech's, digging around or flying bats, just Sonic and fast gameplay.

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
All I want is for them to make games like Sonic Rush. 2d with just enough 3d to make it feel new. That, and only use characters from the original genesis games. You could throw Shadow in there for the hell of it, JUST NO GUNS,ugh...

I want another Sonic in the vein of Sonic 1. For the PS3. ULTRA-HIGH-REZ in 2D.

I want it to blow my fuckin' mind.

This will probably never happen of course, but...Yuji Naka did recently admit that Sonic games are better suited for 2D, AND Sonic Rush is the output of that.

I'm assuming if Sonic Rush does well, we'll see more games like it.

jgkspsx

I loved the Knuckles gameplay in Sonic Adventure. The level goals (finding emerald fragments) were kind of dumb, but gliding, climbing, etc. felt more right than anything else in that game. I'd love an action-oriented Knuckles game. Otockles or Knuckles Will Tell, please.

Sonic has to die, SEGA should work on F-Zero and Beach Spikers sequels only.

oh and a Skies sequel too, then sell the company to russians

Zeo

Banned
almokla said:
Sonic has to die, SEGA should work on F-Zero and Beach Spikers sequels only.

oh and a Skies sequel too, then sell the company to russians

Ah yes, more stupid words from the fingers of almokla.

Top Bottom