• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon 3 | New DLC and Season Trailer Released

Draugoth

Gold Member

Challenge yourself in a new single-player campaign that's designed to be replayed over and over again! As Agent 8, you must defeat wave after wave of enemies to ascend the ominous Spire of Order, accompanied by the drone…Pearl? Gear up for some serious splatting when Side Order, Wave 2 of the Splatoon 3: Expansion Pass paid DLC for the Splatoon 3 game, launches on the Nintendo Switch system February 22, 2024.

The Spring 2024 Fresh Season begins on 3/1 in #Splatoon3!This new season brings new stages, new weapons, and new gear to the game! Grab some friends and get playing today!

John Bilbo

Damn. I was hoping for a Direct.

Edit: That being said
Season 7 Reaction GIF by The Office

Last edited:

Robb

Gold Member
Looks fun, as always. Not really sure about the structure though, sounds like it could get repetitive, but we’ll see.

Kabelly

New season looks so great. I'm so glad they're still updating Salmon Run. The new stage looks dope. I guess I'll buy the DLC just to unlock the replica weapons smh

Sojiro

Looking good, I am looking forward to some
more single content for this game. I am really looking forward to the multiplayer changes as I still play this quite a bit.

Codes 208

Looking good, I am looking forward to some
more single content for this game. I am really looking forward to the multiplayer changes as I still play this quite a bit.
The multiplayer is one of those things I have to be in the mood to play, but once I am, it’s hard to put down

Sojiro

The multiplayer is one of those things I have to be in the mood to play, but once I am, it’s hard to put down
Yeah it does have that addictive quality once you're in. Do you mostly play turf wars and salmon mode or try out the ranked modes? I enjoy turf wars, but unless it's a splatfest event I would much prefer to do ranked battles (or some salmon runs every once in a while), as I find the game much more enjoyable when there are objectives to the match, and the other weapons that aren't just good at painting can really shine. For the longest time I avoided ranked because I didn't think I would be good enough, but the games are much more enjoyable there that I don't look back at Turf unless it's a Splatfest.

Codes 208

Yeah it does have that addictive quality once you're in. Do you mostly play turf wars and salmon mode or try out the ranked modes? I enjoy turf wars, but unless it's a splatfest event I would much prefer to do ranked battles (or some salmon runs every once in a while), as I find the game much more enjoyable when there are objectives to the match, and the other weapons that aren't just good at painting can really shine. For the longest time I avoided ranked because I didn't think I would be good enough, but the games are much more enjoyable there that I don't look back at Turf unless it's a Splatfest.
Basic turf wars and salmon run. Im a sucker for wave based survivor modes and the general gameplay is pretty addictive without being too competitive.

I jump on when i feel like playing a game like gears but dont feel like dealing with sweaty try-hards

Also getting the most paint is just cathartIc. Like a role reversal of powerwash simulator

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח
Damn. I was hoping for a Direct.

Edit: That being said
Season 7 Reaction GIF by The Office
They are clearing the way for a 1 game focused Direct - Metroid Prime 4.

I'm gonna buy it next week or later, I think it looks good and the new Salmon Run map looks great. Wish they gave me more Big Runs like Taco Bell.

Mozza

They are clearing the way for a 1 game focused Direct - Metroid Prime 4.

I'm gonna buy it next week or later, I think it looks good and the new Salmon Run map looks great. Wish they gave me more Big Runs like Taco Bell.
Not sure such a niche title like Metroid 4 would get it's own direct, the series has never sold all that well, the recent remaster only managed to sell around a milllion copies

Last edited:

Sojiro

Basic turf wars and salmon run. Im a sucker for wave based survivor modes and the general gameplay is pretty addictive without being too competitive.

I jump on when i feel like playing a game like gears but dont feel like dealing with sweaty try-hards

Also getting the most paint is just cathartIc. Like a role reversal of powerwash simulator
I gotcha I gotcha, not trying to pressure you (too much 😆), but man ranked is a lot of fun if you do give it a shot sometime. I won't claim matchmaking is amazing in this game, more so when it comes to team comps, but you will be facing other newer players in ranked so it shouldn't be too bad to ease into if you ever give it a shot. If not all good, after they add Side Order the game definitely isn't short on modes to play.

Last edited:
Top Bottom