• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splinter Cell 4 coming in March 2006? (xb360/ps2/xb/gc)

thorns

Banned
http://www.jeux-france.com/Blog_Sdv
Aujourd'hui le titre du prochain volet SC est dévoilé. L'histoire se passera en 2007. Le scénario reste inconnu mais on sait que l'agent Sam sera présent à Madrid, Lisbonne, Rio de Janeiro, New York et Berlin. Ce volet sent vraiment le sud.
Il y aura quelques nouvautés:
-Sam devra manger pour les missions de longue durée.
-Il devra préserver ses forces en faisant du sport(poids, barres parrallèles)
-devra conduire un petit bateau dans la deuxième mission(cela reste incertain)
-quand au mode coop il n'y a encore aucune info.

Le 4ème volet sera présent en mars 2006 sur GC, PS2, XBOX, XBOX 360. Sur PS3 il n'y aura apperemment pas de quatrième volet, sony veut tout de suite passé au 5ème volet pour la PS3. Comme ça la concurrence aura du mal à vendre le 5ème volet.

babelfish:
Today the title of next shutter SC is revealed. The history will occur in 2007. The scenario remains unknown but it is known that the Sam agent will be present in Madrid, Lisbon, Rio de Janeiro, New York and Berlin. This shutter feels really the south. It some will have nouvautés there: - Sam will have to eat for the missions of long duration. - It will have to preserve its forces by making sport(poids, bars parrallèles) - will have to lead a small boat in the second mission(cela remains dubious) - when with the coop mode there is no information yet. The 4th shutter will be present in March 2006 on GC, PS2, XBOX, XBOX 360. On PS3 there will not be apperemment a fourth shutter, Sony wants immediately passed with the 5th shutter for the PS3. As that competition will have evil to sell the 5th shutter.

hopefully someone who can speak french can translate it better :lol

OH YEAH, innovative!

-Sam will need to eat during long missions!
-Sam will need to exercise to stay in shape.
-Sam will drive a boat in the second mission
-No info on the co-op mode.

No SC4 on PS3. Sony wants SC5. Don't understand why. The game will be set in Madrid, Lisbone, New York and all that jazz. The game is set in 2007.

Littleberu said:
OH YEAH, innovative!

No SC4 on PS3. Sony wants SC5. Don't understand why. The game will be set in Madrid, Lisbone, New York and all that jazz. The game is set in 2007.

Maybe because the PS3 won't be out until late 2006?

Azelover

Titanic was called the Ship of Dreams, and it was. It really was.
Seems like SC4 isn't really next generation even though it's on 360. Reminds me of when the DC used to share games with the PSOne and N64.. looking like another transitional generationless console of sorts.

Prine

Banned
Ubi soft, please add some fucking personailty into Sam. And a storyline.

Not those stupid news updates, what a crap way of narrating the story. More cutscenes too.

Dont get me wrong, SC3 had great gameplay, they just need the presentation to make it memorable. And please, sort out the generic music.

Ranger X

Prine said:
Ubi soft, please add some fucking personailty into Sam. And a storyline.

Not those stupid news updates, what a crap way of narrating the story. More cutscenes too.

Dont get me wrong, SC3 had great gameplay, they just need the presentation to make it memorable. And please, sort out the generic music.

holy shit Amon Tobin is "generic" now. I thought that was one of the most original action game soundtrack in a freaking while (SC3)

I'm interested in seeing all these games that are coming out for X360 and current gen systems (excluding sports games). The main ones I can think of are King Kong, The Godfather, and now Splinter Cell 4.

Prine

Banned
Wyzdom said:
holy shit Amon Tobin is "generic" now. I thought that was one of the most original action game soundtrack in a freaking while (SC3)

Really? Fuckin hell! I thought it was awful..

Kuroyume

Banned
Sam has a ton of personality. He's always making wisecracks. They story presentation could use work though... I have always wished that they use the in game engine instead of the lame CG. :lol

Mrbob

UBI Montreal or UBI Shanghai doing this? If it is UBI Shanghai I'll pass. UBI Montreal handles this game I'm interested.

Ranger X

Prine said:
Really? Fuckin hell! I thought it was awful..

Well, there's always a taste question, it's not because something is not generic that you will like it.

Mrbob said:
UBI Montreal or UBI Shanghai doing this? If it is UBI Shanghai I'll pass. UBI Montreal handles this game I'm interested.

It's Ubi Montreal so don't worry (i don't know if it's ALL versions thought)

Azelover said:
Seems like SC4 isn't really next generation even though it's on 360.
If the work they're making on GR3 is of any indication, you couldn't be more wrong (and I hope you are) :D
Heck, even SC3 looks very next-gen ;-)

With so many developers pulling support of Gamecube after it's version of a game sells "Only" 100k or so, I'm baffled as to why Ubisoft continues to support the Gamecube with the Splinter Cell series. Didn't the last one only sell 30k or so to date?

Ruzbeh

Banned
Littleberu said:
OH YEAH, innovative!

Points one and two are horrible. This isn't innovation. This is making the game unecessarily complex, in the hope that it will improve the gaming experience. And it won't (not for me anyway). Especially point two. I really can't imagine that being enjoyable. My God. Exercise in a videogame to stay in shape?

Ruzbeh said:
Points one and two are horrible. This isn't innovation. This is making the game unecessarily complex, in the hope that it will improve the gaming experience. And it won't (not for me anyway). Especially point two. I really can't imagine that being enjoyable. My God. Exercise in a videogame to stay in shape?

That was sarcasm. Food has been used in MGS3, and "stay in shape" in GTA SA.

i remember making those points last year about the eating and working out in mgs3 and gtasa and how they'd make the games more tedious... i got mauled like the nintendo fans do...

Ranger X

Those gameplay can be nice if well implemented. It's just that it's hard to implement correctly. Metal Gear Solid 3 and GTASA are 2 lucky games where they didn't messed up with that imo. Let's pray that Splinter Cell does it nicely.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
Mrbob said:
Last I heard (don't quote me on this) Ubi Annecy was heavily involved in even the single player of that episode. But my sources at Ubi are not what they used to be so it could be wrong/outdated.
And yes, Xbox 360 is the lead SKU on that game, and people who saw it running said it was nothing short of stunning.

Kuroyume

Banned
Blimblim said:
And yes, Xbox 360 is the lead SKU on that game, and people who saw it running said it was nothing short of stunning.

drool.gif

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
SantaCruZer said:
Am I the only one who isn't excited for another Splinter Cell this fast?

nope

and i guess the rumors of ubi killing off the sam fisher character was false. i actually thought ubi had the guts...

newsguy

People claiming they don't want a new SC for the 360 didn't play through SC:CT. That game fucking rocked, and co-op made it all the better. That said, the graphics were so amazing, I don't think the leap will look as big in this title as it will for others.

Kuroyume

Banned
newsguy said:
People claiming they don't want a new SC for the 360 didn't play through SC:CT. That game fucking rocked, and co-op made it all the better. That said, the graphics were so amazing, I don't think the leap will look as big in this title as it will for others.

The people complaining don't open their mouths when Konami announces their 20th Castlevania game in the last 4 years, next Metal Gear Solid, or in Capcom's case Resident Evil or Devil May Cry. What about GTA? I love all those series but if I didn't I wouldn't post in threads related to these titles asking such dumb questions like "Do we really need 4 titles of this game in one gen?"

Dr_Cogent

Banned
Kuroyume said:
The people complaining don't open their mouths when Konami announces their 20th Castlevania game in the last 4 years, next Metal Gear Solid, or in Capcom's case Resident Evil or Devil May Cry. What about GTA? I love all those series but if I didn't I wouldn't post in threads related to these titles asking such dumb questions like "Do we really need 4 titles of this game in one gen?"

Ditto

Ranger X

Kuroyume said:

Well there as been one Castlevania for the home console this gen.
There has been 3 for the handhelds and there was never a fourth one.
GTASA came 2 years after Vice City, not one. And there's no GTA4 for this gen...
Metal Gear Solid, there's only 2 this gen. The forth is for next gen.

All the Splinter Cells are back to back and there is going to be 4 in the same gen. Splinter Cell wins the milking contest.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
i think the point you guys are missing is that splinter cell was created in this gen, and this gen alone has 4 splinter cell games. you guys dont think that's a bit too much?

Dr_Cogent

Banned
Wyzdom said:
GTASA came 2 years after Vice City, not one. And there's no GTA4 for this gen...

All the Splinter Cells are back to back and there is going to be 4 in the same gen. Splinter Cell wins the milking contest.

I sincerely doubt that. I am sure some Mario franchise of some sort has to beat it.

Wyzdom said:

Wario64 said:
i think the point you guys are missing is that splinter cell was created in this gen, and this gen alone has 4 splinter cell games. you guys dont think that's a bit too much?

Of course, there's Jak, Ratchet & Clank, Dynasty Warriors, SSX, Winning Eleven, Onimusha, and probably a few more 4's (or more).

What's amazing is that Xbox is able to get 4, 4 years in a row. Only R&C & Winning Eleven have done that this generation (forgiving the yearly sports titles).

I don't think people have particularly gotten upset about Winning Eleven or SSX.

Ranger X

Dr_Cogent said:
I sincerely doubt that. I am sure some Mario franchise of some sort has to beat it.

Franchise games and sequels to the same game is not the same thing. We're not speaking of being tired of a franchise here but sequels.

Kuroyume said:

There have been 3 MGS games in the last 7 years. In the last 3 years there have been 3 SC's.

Top Bottom