• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splinter Cell 4 coming in March 2006? (xb360/ps2/xb/gc)

Dr_Cogent

Banned
Wario64 said:
i think the point you guys are missing is that splinter cell was created in this gen, and this gen alone has 4 splinter cell games. you guys dont think that's a bit too much?

This gen has 3 games. Not 4. Nothing has been released yet.

And no, I love the series and can't get enough.

newsguy

Wyzdom said:
All the Splinter Cells are back to back and there is going to be 4 in the same gen. Splinter Cell wins the milking contest.

So what? between SC2 and SC:CT, there were more improvements/additions made than many games that wait a few years for a sequel.

thorns

Banned
sonycowboy said:
Of course, there's Jak, Ratchet & Clank, Dynasty Warriors, SSX, Winning Eleven, Onimusha, and probably a few more 4's (or more).

What's amazing is that Xbox is able to get 4, 4 years in a row. Only R&C & Winning Eleven have done that this generation (forgiving the yearly sports titles).

you can add burnout to that list as well.. also chaos theory did by no means bomb, it sold close to 1 mil ps2+xbox I believe.. I think they should have skipped pandora tomorrow and went right for chaos theory, would have been a huge hit. Hopefully the next gen version feels like proper sequel..

Dr_Cogent

Banned
Wyzdom said:
Franchise games and sequels to the same game is not the same thing. We're not speaking of being tired of a franchise here but sequels.

How many Mario party games have come out for the GC?

Ranger X

newsguy said:
So what? between SC2 and SC:CT, there were more improvements/additions made than many games that wait a few years for a sequel.

I don't mind dude. I was just explaining to an earlier poster why some people may be tired or getting Splinter Cells.

newsguy said:

Erm...the single player was still linear as shit. Multiplayer is neat though.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
SolidSnakex said:
There have been 3 MGS games in the last 7 years. In the last 3 years there have been 3 SC's.

and if SC4 is indeed coming out in march 2006, that'd be 3 sc games in the past 2 years. this is worse than EA's milking

Ranger X

Dr_Cogent said:
How many Mario party games have come out for the GC?

That's a good example of sequels milking. I don't know if Nbots are complaining about this one though. I suppose they can take anything :lol

SantaC

Wario64 said:
and if SC4 is indeed coming out in march 2006, that'd be 3 sc games in the past 2 years. this is worse than EA's milking

Exactly. Ubi is milking this franchise way too fast. Just like Prince of Persia.

That's a good example of sequels milking. I don't know if Nbots are complaining about this one though. I suppose they can take anything

I lost interested in Mario Party long ago. So I guess here is one nbot who could care less about those games.

newsguy

Wyzdom said:
I don't mind dude. I was just explaining to an earlier poster why some people may be tired or getting Splinter Cells.

I know, I'm just a fan of SC:CT :D Didn't like the others nearly as much.

Erm...the single player was still linear as shit. Multiplayer is neat though.

Linear in level design, but the number of ways to kill/stun someone is huge.

Kuroyume

Banned
MGS2, MGS:TTS, MGS3, MGS:ACID, MGS: Substinence, MGS: ACID 2, Metal Gear Solid 4,

Anyway that's not my point and I'm sure you can add more SC games with the various portable versions too. I just don't get why people have to kill the enthusiasm of Splinter Cell fans by entering Splinter Cell threads to complain. Whatever, I'll just shut up now.

Mrbob

thorns said:
you can add burnout to that list as well.. also chaos theory did by no means bomb, it sold close to 1 mil ps2+xbox I believe.. I think they should have skipped pandora tomorrow and went right for chaos theory, would have been a huge hit. Hopefully the next gen version feels like proper sequel..

Pandora Tommorrow killed the series. The original Splinter Cell sold 1.5 million. Pandora Tommorrow will be lucky to break 600K on Xbox. Chaos Theory will also be lucky to break 600K. Or maybe CT reinvigorated the series. We'll see with SC4.

SantaC

Kuroyume said:
MGS2, MGS:TTS, MGS3, MGS:ACID, MGS: Substinence, MGS: ACID 2, Metal Gear Solid 4,

Anyway that's not my point and I'm sure you can add more SC games with the various portable versions too. I just don't get why people have to kill the enthusiasm of Splinter Cell fans by entering Splinter Cell threads to complain. Whatever, I'll just shut up now.

edit: nvm

Co-op in CT was worth the whole $50 purchase price to me. It would have been arbitrary and stupid for them to make me wait a couple more years for such a cool game.

Milking is only a problem when the quality isn't there. I'd rather spend $50 for a new Splinter Cell than for $50 roster updates from EA. Go crap in the sports threads and leave us alone.

StephaneC

guys this news is just fake !!! it's not from jeuxfrance but from "JF blog" (place where users can create her own page)

I got the first Splinter Cell game for the Gamecube when I bought Prince of Persia Sands of Time a few months after it came out. It came bundled. I never really got attatched to the game. I guessing that was just because it was the Gamecube version which is usually a lot more sloppy. I definitely could feel the potential in the series, but there are other things I'm saving up my money for now.

One thing that does annoy me about developers today is that they never seem to put any effort into any of the Gamecube branches of their games. That is one of the reasons the Gamecube has a bad reputation with the casual gamers.

FacelessSamurai

..but cry so much I wish I had some
Here's the translation (it's not perfect though as my english isn't all that great)

The title of the next game in the Splinter Cell franchise has been revealed today. The story takes place in 2007. The game's scenario is still unknown though we know that Sam Fisher will go to Madrid, Lisbonne, Rio de Janeiro, New York and Berlin. Ce volet sent vraiment le sud.(I won't even translate this but what he means is that the game mostly takes place in the south)

There will be a few new features:
- Sam will have to eat during long missions
- He will have to stay in shape by doing sport
- he will drive a boat in the second mission (undecided)
- we still do not know anything about coop

The 4th game will be released in march of 2006 on GC, PS2, XBOX, XBOX 360. It won't be released on pS3 as Sony apparently doesn't want the 4th game and wants to go directly to the 5th one on PS3. Because of this competitors will have difficulty selling it. (probably because he thinks the PS3 version will look a lot better than the rest.

Sorry for the mistakes as like I said my english is not perfect but overall you should get the idea.

thorns

Banned
Well the news is probably bullshit going by Stephane's comments but I'm sure next-gen splinter cell will come around march anyway.

StephaneC

Yes it is fake

from this guys on the same blog

"I a very serious article on the 4th shutter of SC is made to you today but does it of them was a joke coming from my share. Perhaps some will not find this joke not funny of the whole but one will not be able to any more to say me that I do that to increase the number of visits on my blog because the signal of the blogs does not exist more "

"Je vous est fait aujourd'hui un article très sérieux sur le 4ème volet de SC mais en fait ce fut une blague venant de ma part. Certains ne trouveront peut-être cette blague pas marrante du tout mais on ne pourra plus me dire que je fais ça pour augmenter le nombre de visites sur mon blog car le top des blogs n'existe plus. "

IGN -_- omg

Top Bottom