• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2016 Season Anime Preview Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ninjimbo

I want Flying Witch to be great. I don't know anything about it except the premise but it sounds like it could be something like Natsume Yuujinchou or Mushishi. I miss those spiritual, contemplative shows.

I haven't seen the Magi: Sinbad OVAs but does anyone know if this upcoming series will re-adapt the same stories, plus some new ones, or will they cover different things?

Cornbread78

ctrl f + 'yuri'
0 of 0

what is this thread even for

Sorry bud, you will have to wait until the summer:

Amanchu:
Hikari Kohinata is a cheerful 15-year-old girl who lives near the ocean and she spends much of her time diving as a result. On her first day of high school, she meets a teacher who also likes scuba diving. There's also a 16-year-old classmate, Futaba, who gets dragged along in Hikari's maelstrom as soon as they meet at school. Most of the manga so far details the relationship between the two girls, which quickly seems to move into romantic two girl friendship-territory.

http://myanimelist.net/anime/31771/Amanchu

Sounds like straight Yuri to me. More on the romantic side and not ecchi though.

sonicmj1

Yeah same here. I've never heard of the studio that is making it tho. Hopefully it is at least decent.

Diomedea isn't a particularly remarkable studio, but they have an existing relationship with the director. The last show they worked on together was Squid Girl.

Cornbread78

OP updated with New PVs for:
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 4: Diamond Is Unbreakable
Bakuon!!
Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu
Terra Formars Revenge
Joker Game
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney
Hundred
Mayoiga
Flying Witch
Sousei no Onmyouji (Twin Star Exorcists)

Skittles

This season is looking to be one of the best we've had in a longggg time. Jojo, Sakamoto, and My Hero Academia all seem to be AOTY type material. Unless they severely fuck up the adaptions; I can vouch for jojo being amazing, i've read some of sakamoto and it's amazing, and i've heard nothing by great things about my hero academia. Joker's game and stray dogs also seem good.

KimiNewt

Scored 3/100 on an Exam
So there are zero shows whose protagonist is not a minor (except for PW)?

I don't see a point in watching Phoenix Wright if I already played the games, it looks to be pretty direct and the animation isn't great. Everything else looks dull.

So there are zero shows whose protagonist is not a minor (except for PW)?

I don't see a point in watching Phoenix Wright if I already played the games, it looks to be pretty direct and the animation isn't great. Everything else looks dull.

The main characters from Joker Game all seem like fine gentlemen, don't know how old they are but they're not really kids I think.

Concrete Revolutio MC is also in his twenties I think.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
I want Flying Witch to be great. I don't know anything about it except the premise but it sounds like it could be something like Natsume Yuujinchou or Mushishi. I miss those spiritual, contemplative shows.
Flying witch isn't as spiritual or contemplative but it has a wonderful calming atmosphere and y'all should watch it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom