• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2016 Season Anime Preview Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the great Super Lovers preview Oni

You can't prove that was me.

200_s.gif

I admire KyoAni as a studio for their unique production method, being the only Japanese animation studio to do all animation in-house without relying on freelancers and outsourcing, and for treating their employees well and making sustained effort for training young animators. But they hardly produce flawless works all the time, especially with their adaptations of self-published LNs (Chuunibyou, Kyoukai no Kanata, Phantom World), because the material is too trashy to be saved by good production values.

picgifs-not-bad-agreement-821712.gif

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
Aiming at picking up at least 17 of them and then probably dropping half of them at episode 3, as usual.

Also Studio DEEN saves anime once again, Sakamoto desu ga? will be glorious.

wildfire

Banned
Super Lovers is a dreadful name. The synopsis doesn't match what the title and poster implies. I thought it was going to be some pedo yaio nonsense.

I'll watch it but I hope that it actually lasts more than a season unlike Yusagi Drop.

I'm really looking forward to 3 other shows in that op.

Cornbread78

This is my exact list. Ace Attorney looks pretty ugly and I should know better than to have faith in DEEN for Swagmoto, but...

Well, Deen actually has two of the best animes airing this winter season with Konosuba and Rakugo, so this may be looking brighter.

damn nice, thanks op

My Hero Academia

Kabaneri

Flying Witch

Hundred

Joker Game

Terra Formars Revenge

Bungou Stray Dogs

The Asterisk War (2nd Season)

Ushio to Tora (2nd Season)

if i find the time this is all i want to watch this season but specially stoked for Joker Game, looks so good

SalvaPot

I have been reading and following My Hero Academia from the very start and I just knew it was going to hit it big, now here comes the decisive moment. If the adaptation is half as good as the manga then its going to be something special.

I am so excited!

LayLa

Oof nothing much appeals to me next season apart from Flying Witch. Will watch an episode or two of that Osamu Dazai Investigates show for the sheer dumbness of the premise though.

Ninjimbo

This looks like a busy season. I'm down for Kiznaiver, Joker Game, Mayoiga, and Flying Witch.

I might check out whatever Bones is producing too.

RangerBAD

This looks like a busy season. I'm down for Kiznaiver, Joker Game, Mayoiga, and Flying Witch.

I might check out whatever Bones is producing too.

The second half of Concrete Revolutio, Bungou Stray Dogs and My Hero Academia. Holy shit, they're doing a Mob Psycho 100 anime. lol One's shit art for all to see! It's a lot of fun though.

The second half of Concrete Revolutio, Bungou Stray Dogs and My Hero Academia. Holy shit, they're doing a Mob Psycho 100 anime. lol One's shit art for all to see! It's a lot of fun though.

Bones' adaptation of Mob Psycho 100 drawing directly on ONE's style looks better than Madhouse's adaptation of One Punch Man filtered through Murata.

Let's see.

As per usual, I'll be watching more shows than most and all of them will be trash.

Bakuon! - Hesitant. Read the manga but it didn't appeal to me. Might like the anime more.
Big Order - Generic shonen-y pick-a-word-now-all-your-powers-are-based-on-that show. Should be mindless fun
Boku no Hero - FUCK YEAH
Bungo Stray Dogs - Manga is amusing, show should be amusing too. Don't take seriously or your face will melt.
Concrete Revolutio - Will wait to marathon the whole series, S1 and S2
Endride - Uh oh. This looks bad enough that even I would drop it.
flying witch - Probably get bored of this early on but tan girl looks nice.
Asterisk S2 - HA HA HA MORE ASTERISK OKAY
Phoenix Wright - I have to.
Hundred - Delicious LN trash must consoom
Joker Game - Premise is pretty boss
Kiznaiver - Kinda like a less successful Bokurano. May be aight.
Kabaneri - Sure why not
Kuromukuro - Sure why not
Mayoiga - Ooo spoopy
Netoge no Yoma Blah Blah Blah - I have no standards
Re: Zero - I REALLY like the manga so I have hopes for this. I hope they focus more on the 2nd storyline because that's where shit REALLY kicks off.
Sakamoto desu ga? - Swag. Uh. Swag. Uh. Swag. Uh.
Seisen Cerberus - I watch a lot of bad shows.
Twin Star Exorcists - Manga moves at a blistering pace so at least we know the anime won't drag on
Sword Gai - This show almost could be called Sword Guy and that's the best anime name ever cause it cuts right to the heart of things.
Unhappy - I dunno, why not

Oh and the 2nd half of Assass Classclass S2 should be must watch cause they gonna do my favorite arc.

Risette

A Good Citizen
One thing that I think should be added to under each series is the studio name. This way, when people see Studio Deen, they can just keep scrolling, and if they see KyoAni, Trigger or Ufotable, they can commence heavy breathing.
Studios don't matter, staff does. Stop propagating this dated meme.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
I'm definitely going to check out Sousei no Onmyouji. The source material's good, so hopefully that can cover for whatever damage Studio Pierrot will do? Please?

I'll look into Sakamoto and Flying Witch too.

Super Lovers is a dreadful name. The synopsis doesn't match what the title and poster implies. I thought it was going to be some pedo yaio nonsense.
That's uh, probably what it's going to end up being.

The one who wrote that impression was DTL.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Is Hero Academia done by the same guy as Kill la Kill?

Raxus

Forgot Ushio to Tora was coming back.

This Spring is packed. I will easily have a half a dozen shows I am watching.

I'll bite, what is Swagamoto?

Walpurgis

Banned
Studios don't matter, staff does. Stop propagating this dated meme.

Wrong. Studio matters. Studio Deen is the soup kitchen and Ufotable is the world class restaurant. Put world class chefs to work in a soup kitchen and no matter how hard they try, they're still working in a soup kitchen with cheap ingredients.

It's not a dated meme. Log Horizon season 2 wasn't that long ago.

Is Hero Academia done by the same guy as Kill la Kill?

nope

Wrong. Studio matters. Studio Deen is the soup kitchen and Ufotable is the world class restaurant. Put world class chefs to work in a soup kitchen and no matter how hard they try, they're still working in a soup kitchen with cheap ingredients.

That analogy only works if world class chefs like to cover their food in shitty filters

a show currently airing by Deen is far better then anything Ufotable has made

rrvv

World class restaurant can just simply serve you cold cut and you will think is "good" simply because you eat in World class restaurant.

Also good chef will use the available whatever he can get in order to deliver really good food to their customer that cannot be found n those expensive restaurant.

It doesn't really matter which restaurant you go really. As long they make good food. Then they are good

Walpurgis

Banned
That analogy only works if world class chefs like to cover their food in shitty filters

a show currently airing by Deen is far better then anything Ufotable has made

World class restaurant can just simply serve you cold cut and you will think is "good" simply because you eat in World class restaurant.

Also good chef will use the available whatever he can get in order to deliver really good food to their customer that cannot be found n those expensive restaurant.

It doesn't really matter which restaurant you go really. As long they make good food. Then they are good

You don't have to like the food from the world class restaurant but you can't deny the value of that food. In other words, even if you don't like Ufotable, you can't say anything bad about their direction, production values and animation.

Nightbird

I've been following Kōhei Horikoshi since his very first series in Shounen Jump. I always wished for him to become successful, and now, with Hero Academia, my wish has been fulfilled.

The Anime is not allowed to fail in my eyes. It would break my heart. It has so much potential. Y'all better give it a shot!

Fuck me, I'd missed out on the most recent 3 PV's for Boku no Hero Academia. Looks so good! D:

I'm still really shocked about how soon this series is getting an anime though. It's promising. Hopefully the manga is doing as well as I think it is.

Risette

A Good Citizen

No, it really doesn't. Staff is what matters. This "soup kitchen" analogy really doesn't reflect how the industry works at all.
You don't have to like the food from the world class restaurant but you can't deny the value of that food. In other words, even if you don't like Ufotable, you can't say anything bad about their direction, production values and animation.
Yes, I can actually, and so do many others. Ufotable is not well regarded by many people in the sakuga community, myself included.

Your analogy kinda falls apart when Deen's currently airing show is probably better than anything ufotable has made too. So much for "world class".

Walpurgis

Banned
No, it really doesn't. Staff is what matters. This "soup kitchen" analogy really doesn't reflect how the industry works at all.

Yes, I can actually, and so do many others. Ufotable is not well regarded by many people in the sakuga community, myself included.

Your analogy kinda falls apart when Deen's currently airing show is probably better than anything ufotable has made too. So much for "world class".

There's no sense in arguing this. Studio Deen has its reputation for a reason. One modern show that isn't trash won't erase that. We'll see how they move forward from here but to claim that they are better than Ufotable is laughable.

Evilisk

Super Lovers is a wholesome manga

Did a double take at this lol

Anyways thanks for this thread.

I've been so busy that I haven't even been thinking of watching anime for a couple of weeks now

Gonna watch the Phoenix Wright anime, Sakamoto, My Hero Academia and Jojo Part 4

Risette

A Good Citizen
There's no sense in arguing this. Studio Deen has its reputation for a reason. One modern show that isn't trash won't erase that. We'll see how they move forward from here but to claim that they are better than Ufotable is laughable.
Yes, a reason -- because most people don't understand the largely freelance nature of the industry. That doesn't make it a valid reason.

And they're still mad about bad adaptations of bad VNs that would've been bad anyways. That's also a factor.

Cornbread78

Did a double take at this lol

It sounded so good, there was no way I could edit it. DTL did good work in the manga thread, lol.

awful

your awful taste is showing like your epidermis

Shounen, Shounen, Shounen... everything was shounen, lol. There's only 1 romance show this spring

http://myanimelist.net/anime/32601/12-sai__Chicchana_Mune_no_Tokimeki

and it doesn't sound that interesting. The world needs more god romcons, lol.

Trashy LN just ends up being "junk food" anime that doesn't have much depth, but it can be fun and entertaining.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom