• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Square Enix hiring @ BD6 (Bravely, Nier, DQ spinoffs, OT), hiring for next NieR game?

Fiendcode

My bad they are not opening Business Division 6, that division has already existed it just did not have its own recruitment page before, but it seems they are focusing on NieR in the division at the moment.
They're likely starting up a Nier sequel but it's still not really accurate to say that's their focus. Quick roundup for currently in development console projects at Square Enix Japan:

BD1
Final Fantasy VII Remake (PS4 timed)

BD2
Final Fantasy XV DLC (PS4/XB1)
New IP (tba)

BD3
Kingdom Hearts III (PS4/XB1)
Left Alive (PS4)

BD4
Dissidia FF NT (PS4)

BD5
Final Fantasy XIV ongoing dev (PS4)
DQ Builders (Switch)
DQ Builders 2 (PS4/Switch)

BD6
Dragon Quest X ongoing dev (PS4/Switch/Wii U)
Dragon Quest XI (Switch)
DQ & FF Itadaki Street Anniversary (PS4/Vita)
Project Octopath Traveler (Switch)

BD7/8/9
nothing atm

BD10
Secret of Mana (PS4/Vita)

Tokyo RPG Factory
Lost Sphear (PS4/Switch)

Extreme Edges team
various JP localizations (Tropico 5, Life is Strange BTS, The Avengers, etc)

Hektor

∀ Narayan;249318762 said:
Something that finally explains Cathedral City in Drakengard would be nice. Doesn't even need to be from that series or NieR.

A new IP in a new genre that is connected to the rest of the taroverse would definitely be number 1 on my wishlist.

DKHF

They're likely starting up a Nier sequel but it's still not really accurate to say that's their focus. Quick roundup for currently in development console projects at Square Enix Japan:

BD1
Final Fantasy VII Remake (PS4 timed)
Left Alive (PS4)

BD2
Final Fantasy XV DLC (PS4/XB1)
New IP (tba)

BD3
Kingdom Hearts III (PS4/XB1)

BD4
Dissidia FF NT (PS4) with Team Ninja

BD5
Final Fantasy XIV ongoing dev (PS4)
DQ Builders (Switch)
DQ Builders 2 (PS4/Switch)

BD6
Dragon Quest X ongoing dev (PS4/Switch/Wii U)
Dragon Quest XI (Switch)
DQ & FF Itadaki Street Anniversary (PS4/Vita)
Project Octopath Traveler (Switch)

BD7/8/9
nothing atm

BD10
Secret of Mana (PS4/Vita)

Tokyo RPG Factory
Lost Sphear (PS4/Switch)

Extreme Edges team
various JP localizations (Tropico 5, Life is Strange BTS, The Avengers, etc)
You missed my quick edit to "outwardly focusing", it seems that is their focus for recruitment for now, though they obviously have other projects.

Where did you get that BD1 is developing Left Alive? I assumed it would be its producer Hashimoto's division (BD3).

Fiendcode

You missed my quick edit to "outwardly focusing", it seems that is their focus for recruitment for now, though they obviously have other projects.

Where did you get that BD1 is developing Left Alive? I assumed it would be Hashimoto's division (BD3).
You're right, it is BD3. I missed your edit compiling my long ass list (lol) sorry. :)

Aters

Are we sure DKHF and LordOfLore do not work for SE? I think every SE news I see on GAF is posted by either of them.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
HOLLY SHIT!!!! If Yoko Taro is involved I'm fucking hyped.

colbert-panic.gif

Exentryk

Gematsu have translated the page. Yoko Taro's and Saito's comments are at the link.

Square Enix is hiring staff for ”NieR-related product scenario creation, as well as planning work."

The hired scenario staffer would be responsible for the following areas, based on the setting of the NieR series:

• Plots for sub-quests, etc. as well as scenario framing.
  • Design instructions such as NPC design specifications to be used in-game.
  • Creating text for item descriptions, etc. to appear in-game.

I am liking that they are hiring for side quest plots. You need a bunch of people to come up with diverse stories. Good stuff!

addik

Thanks for the clarification! Was just putting gasoline on my car when I read this so I didn't really get to read the finer details.

I'm glad that Yoko Taro has finally gotten a break in the industry after so long. Love him or hate him, we need to support people who really try to push the medium at its edge.

Soar

Best news all week. Won't start my hype yet it's going to be years before we see anything.

Hyped =/

Nier is the name that taros attached to that broke out, so of course I'm happy for him. I'm just hoping they let him stay flexible, the entire taroverse is madness and he cannot make the same game twice.

Now nier 1 ps4 port please square, fucking please I beg you!

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
We need a game featuring the hamelin organization SE, got the eff on it!

Seriously, its such an interesting time in Drakenier lore, YT has to have something cooking up around there

The only acceptable new Nier is one set during the outbreak of the WCS.

this. Anytime during The Fall (2003-2050) would be great

Wagram

Business Division 6 is the best one at SE right now so this is exciting news.

Drakengard should be the next title from Taro to be honest. Give it the respect it deserves.

Danjin44

Drakengard should be the next title from Taro to be honest. Give it the respect it deserves.

Drakengard 4 using Dragon mechanics from Scalebound.

7Th

It's hard to say much about Nier becoming a cinematic universe considering the the full story of the Yokoverse is already roughly 6 games and a bunch of multimedia projects.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I just hope that it isn't taro just chasing automata. One of the ressons why the yokoverse is so great is because of how wildly different the setting and stories are for each game even though they're all deeply connected.

Golnei

It's hard to say much about Nier becoming a cinematic universe the full story of the Yokoverse is already roughly 6 games and a bunch of multimedia projects.

I don't think he'll ever do anything fully disconnected from his universe again, but he's not particularly limited by it, as evidenced by the stories he's already been able to tell in it.

I just hope that it isn't taro just chasing automata. One of the ressons why the yokoverse is so great is because of how wildly different the setting and stories are for each game even though they're all deeply connected.

I hope it won't be too limited in that regard, now that he's helmed something that's not a total failure, there is a chance he'll be mandated by upper management to continue the marketable adventures of Automata's popular, recognisable protagonists to the exclusion of all else.

Danjin44

I fully agree with you.

I absolutely loved original NieR but I'm so glad Automata is very different than pervious game and I really hope to see next game be different than Automata.

Antiwhippy

I don't think he'll ever do anything fully disconnected from his universe again, but he's not particularly limited by it, as evidenced by the stories he's already been able to tell in it.

I hope it won't be too limited in that regard, now that he's helmed something that's not a total failure, there is a chance he'll be mandated by upper management to continue the marketable adventures of Automata's popular, recognisable protagonists to the exclusion of all else.

I think in the timeline
hints of a black dressed android appearing during the machine civil war or whatever.

7Th

I agree, I just mean that it's basically already the oddest franchise in gaming.

Golnei

I think in the timeline
hints of a black dressed android appearing during the machine civil war or whatever.

I know, but that fact doesn't necessitate a sequel centred around 2B, 9S and A2. The issue was more that it'd be a boring direction to take the series as opposed to using a new central cast and general timeframe, not that there's anything contradicting them appearing later on.

Antiwhippy

I know, but that fact doesn't necessitate a sequel centred around 2B, 9S and A2. The issue was more that it'd be a boring direction to take the series as opposed to using a new central cast and general timeframe, not that there's anything contradicting them appearing later on.

Also going by his trends you almost don't want the characters you like to reappear in the sequel. :p

Ah whatever. I trust Taro to amke something interesting.

Fraxin

I think BD5 is the best. BD6 outsource their games rather than develop in-house. And BD5 made Stormblood.

Top Bottom