• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Citizen’s live game director is leaving his position after nine years at CIG (which has not released one single game)

I saw a guy stream a bit and OMG it seemed that the frame rate was below 20FPS. Is that an accurate depiction of the way it runs?

The last time I did one of their "free fly" weekends or whatever they call it, I got somewhere around that level of performance. On a pretty damn decent system. I'm used to running 1440 games at 60-100 frames, so when I fired up this turd, and I was getting 20 it immediately made me nauseous to the point I had to quit or throw up.

Zero clue why people CONTINUE to throw money at this. Mind boggling.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
I don't understand how people can continually defend this game. All I hear is, "It's out, you don't understand, etc." But like... What's out? What don't I understand?

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
I don't understand how people can continually defend this game. All I hear is, "It's out, you don't understand, etc." But like... What's out? What don't I understand?
You could argue this point in both directions

Why not approach it like I have and just take it as it comes. Don't let yourself be fatigues over a perception. Imagine if you really cared and played this for years? Those are the people which deserve understanding.

For you, a fair weather fan, this shouldn't affect you in such ways.

You know who has it hard? The devs who have to listen to all the criticism and loyal fan base who has seen the potential for the longest time.

And just when they finally start catching the eye of a fair weather fan like me, then the criticism gets worse.

I choose to come out and give it the credit it deserves and have no right to be critical like those who have invested and put themselves through the waiting game.

It's healthier to handle it the way I have. I have no resentment and want success for an ambitious game and encourage the devs to see their vision through.

Last edited:

TVexperto

Lol, Camural. Also, are you Kotaku, that's a 10 days old video of 20 days old news.

In other words, you don't know anything about anything and make everything up except for the fact some people are no longer working there, like it's happened before and even though a decade on no staff or even disgruntled ex confirm your speculations about the project. Keep hoping I guess.

Reported by GI.biz :) your argument is invalid

company also accused of being toxic

Last edited:

TVexperto

chris roberts once again spitting bullshit, even confirmed that todd papy was fired and saying that 2024 will be the year for star citizen (just like he said every other year lmao)

chris roberts once again spitting bullshit, even confirmed that todd papy was fired and saying that 2024 will be the year for star citizen (just like he said every other year lmao)

Yeah, the words of a CEO who doesn't want his life style to be negatively impacted is never going to come clean. Not til the history books are written about it years from now.

ahtlas7

He’s had a lot of experience at making a game never released. Maybe he can make his own crowd funded theoretical game.

Last edited:
He’s had a lot of experience at making games never released. Maybe he can make his own crowd funded theoretical game.
He has already. It's called "Star Citizen". Otherwise known as: a game intentionally designed to never be completed, so as to bleed money out of people indefinitely with empty promises and unfulfilled deadlines.

100% there will be criminal prosecutions about this project at some point, but as always it will be long after the fact. Definitely would expect some charges of corporate fraud, among I'm sure other things as well.

Last edited:

Toots

Gold Member
Phil Spencer live reaction :
real housewives papi GIF

Top Bottom