• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Ocean 3 NA box art (and others)

DMczaf

280553b.jpg
281025b.jpg
281004b.jpg
281001b.jpg
281033bm.jpg
T000123b.jpg
281059b.jpg
210651b.jpg
210584b.jpg
240857.jpg
240855.jpg
243798.jpg
243800.jpg

fennec fox

ferrets ferrets ferrets ferrets FERRETS!!!
281001b.jpg

Suddenly interested

And hey, XS stopped using Brazilian box artists for their Japanese game covers!

shoplifter

fenekku-gitsune said:
And hey, XS stopped using Brazilian box artists for their Japanese game covers!

And thankfully wised up and just used the actual game instead of butchering one.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
shoplifter said:
That Star Ocean case looks horrible. Why couldn't they go with the elegant Japanese one?

Really? I think it looks good!

Its better then that horrible Rainbow Six 3 boxart... geeze thats bad

shoplifter

Suikoguy said:
Really? I think it looks good!

Just seems like all of Squenix's NA releases have to have some 'in your face' cover. Why not just use the classy Japanese one?

Unlimited Saga is their best boxart this gen in NA.

And yes, that R6 art is atrocious.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Missing = Unique Idea for a Design
Call of Duty is sorta like how RS3 should have been
I hope they change the Warcraft box, although people who are going to buy it won't be looking at the box

shoplifter

I can admit that one was pretty, though I couldn't stand the game. Probably due my intense hatred of what Disney's become over the past two decades.

jiggle

shoplifter said:
That Star Ocean case looks horrible. Why couldn't they go with the elegant Japanese one?

To attact attention of the ppl not familiar with the franchise?

l_p1003002238.jpg

l_p1002525921.jpg

Those aren't exactly covers that'll get ppl to at least flip over, to the back, to see what it's about...imo anyway.

Suikoguy

shoplifter said:
I can admit that one was pretty, though I couldn't stand the game. Probably due my intense hatred of what Disney's become over the past two decades.

Yeah, tell me about it!
But, things may change, not to get off topic However, suffice to say things are changing, how the changes turn out is up to history.

There are many more companies far more dubious and evil then disney.

Chrono

Banned
wow the japanese Star Ocean box art is awesome-- I like the red one. If only I knew japanese... *looks at play-asia bookmark*

shoplifter

hooray! agreement! ^^

jiggle said:
To attact attention of the ppl not familiar with the franchise?

Put some damn ads on TV. Sponsor RAW (they did it with FFX2). The game deserves it, prolly much more so than Square's offerings.

DMczaf

Wario64 said:
It says "for display purposes only" on the pic though... :|

Meh, I've seen most box arts start with that label then later its removed and its the real box art. So I just added it on the thread since theres a 50-50 chance its real

shoplifter said:
hooray! agreement! ^^

Put some damn ads on TV. Sponsor RAW (they did it with FFX2). The game deserves it, prolly much more so than Square's offerings.

It'll get alot of advertisement. It's going to be Square's biggest title for this year so it's going to get the majority of their marketing. Probably not FFX-2 level but atleast more than Drakengard which still recieved alot of hyping.

Now only if someone could convince them that it'd be a very good idea to give us this.

B00011D1V8.09.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Please Square-Enix? :)

243798.jpg

243800.jpg

Mine. Can't wait for them. <3 Pokemon.

Are the Star Ocean games linked at all? I'd buy SO3 if I didn't have to worry about the past games.

Chrono said:
I completely forgot about Dragon Questi V! When is it coming to the states?

As of now? Never. Square-Enix hasn't mentioned it and there really hasn't even been any rumors of them releasing it here.

Chrono

Banned
Pfft I thought SSX meant if square_enix could give us this "boxset" of dragon quest-- meaning the game is already coming. Must. Learn. Japanese. Especially since I can import games rather cheaply from play-asia, unlike anime which is like 60 dollars for a DVD. >__<

jiggle

DarthWufei said:
Are the Star Ocean games linked at all? I'd buy SO3 if I didn't have to worry about the past games.

In SO2, you play as the son of the hero from SO1. Not sure, but I think SO3 is in the same universe but far into the future?

Chrono

Banned
I doubt Square_Enix would make such a big game linked to the previous ones in a way that new comers can't play it. That's just bad buisness. There might be some tidbits for fans of the series, but as a newbie myself I expect a solid game regardless of whether I played the previous ones.

Shouta

Long explanation about SO3. Don't want to spoil.

Anyway, the SO3 boxart isn't very good if you ask me. Could've done something else to make it look more appealing if they didn't want to use the JP boxart.

Bebpo

Banned
Shouta said:
Long explanation about SO3. Don't want to spoil.

Anyway, the SO3 boxart isn't very good if you ask me. Could've done something else to make it look more appealing if they didn't want to use the JP boxart.

Square-Enix guide to success:

1. Take Japanese cover with just logo
2. Ditch it entirely
3. Take CG of main character + weapon of choice over some CG background
4. Voila! You have a US cover.

ferricide

it's a bit hard to tell with such a small cover whether or not it looks good, IMO. it looks OK. i remember when we used to get like, redrawn horrible american art. i find it hard to complain these days.

55_8.JPG

personally i love the FFX cover. it's a very nice render. it's ironic that unlimited saga has such a lovely cover when it's one of the absolute worst games on the system and probably the worst game square has published in the US. also, of course KH has a wonderful cover.

i don't like logo-only covers; never had. i thought it was clever for FFVII but became boring after that.

jiggle

The WORST Square cover, by far this gen, is the FFX-2 one. Any 1 of those 3 renders would've been fine. What were they thinking turning it into a collage. D:

jarrod

Banned
SolidSnakex said:
Now only if someone could convince them that it'd be a very good idea to give us this.

B00011D1V8.09.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Please Square-Enix? :)
Crazy Theory: Arte Piazza is currently working on a DQ6 remake... so Square Enix USA is holding off on DQ5 in order to release both games here as a Dragon Warrior Collection...

jiggle

jarrod said:
Crazy Theory: Arte Piazza is currently working on a DQ6 remake... so Square Enix USA is holding off on DQ5 in order to release both games here as a Dragon Warrior Collection...

No way, Level-5 is handling that, funded by Microsoft:)

jarrod said:

Are they really working on a remake to DQ6 right now or are you just assuming they're? That'd be cool if they did that. I don't think Square would do a double pack like that though.

jarrod

Banned
jiggle said:
No way, Level-5 is handling that, funded by Microsoft:)
Naw, they've gotta get working on DQ Online. ;)

SolidSnakex said:
Are they really working on a remake to DQ6 right now or are you just assuming they're? That'd be cool if they did that. I don't think Square would do a double pack like that though.
Not announced but I'd imagine they are with how well DQ5 performed. And really, DQ5 doesn't look too great, like an early DC game... maybe they figure Americans won't pay full price for each game alone (or SCEA won't approve them) and viola... nice bundle. :)

u_neek

Wow, just watched Gamespot's STar Ocean 3 movies... even though thy're almost two years old this game looks fantastic - I really like the style. Character art seems a bit generic though..

When will it be released??

Chrono

Banned
u_neek said:
Wow, just watched Gamespot's STar Ocean 3 movies... even though thy're almost two years old this game looks fantastic - I really like the style. Character art seems a bit generic though..

When will it be released??

August 24, 2004

u_neek

Woohoo! Two months!!

I'll be in RPG heaven this summer/fall!! SO3, Tales of Symph, Digital Devil Saga, Shin Magami, Phantom Brave..

... oh yeah, Fable and Sudeki...

Top Bottom