• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Celebration 2017 |OT| A thread forty years in the making. You'll be Omazed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpaceWolf

Banned
For all the focus on the game crossing all eras, it's interesting to see so little focus on the prequels in that trailer. The story campaign doesn't seem to even touch upon it.

Bronx-Man

Banned
"The Rebellion had Luke Skywalker & Jyn Erso to inspire them. Who did the Empire have like that on their side?"

That's one hell of a concept, I'll give them that.

RyanW

https://www.ea.com/games/starwars/battlefront/battlefront-2/news/star-wars-battlefront-ii-2017

Star Wars Battlefront II introduces a new single-player Star Wars™ story. You play the role of Commander Iden Versio, leader of the Galactic Empire’s elite special forces unit, Inferno Squad.

Up to 40 players will be able to simultaneously enjoy the deep class-based online gameplay, with a rewarding progression system, extensive hero customization abilities, and a larger arsenal of weapons with improved modification options. Pilot a variety of new starfighters in Space Battle scenarios, and ride tauntauns across snow-covered fields.

In planetary engagements, you'll be transported to some of Star Wars' most iconic battlegrounds: Theed, Takodana, Starkiller Base, Yavin, Mos Eisley, Endor, Hoth, and more. You will also cooperate against AI foes in skirmishes that span the cinematic eras, and engage enemies in entirely new modes.

I noticed one of the Emperor's messengers in there.

sw7t5_03.jpg

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
It must be pretty good to communicating with the story group for this kind of stuff instead of George Lucas, if those Darth Icky stories are to be believed.

Bronx-Man

Banned
So Inferno Squad is a highly-radicalized special forces unit for the Empire.

I wonder if it goes like

Rogue One/ANH: Inferno Squad serves in secret for the Empire

Post-RotJ: Inferno Squad takes up the reigns after the Empire falls

pre-TFA: Over 30 years, Inferno Squad gets even more radical and morphs into The First Order?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom