• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Hunters | Official Teaser Trailer

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Watch the latest trailer for Star Wars: Hunters, coming to Nintendo Switch and mobile devices in 2022.

Welcome to The Arena, where the stakes are high, and the excitement is even higher. Watch as Hunters go head-to-head in an all-out, adrenaline-fueled battle. Which team will emerge victorious?

In Star Wars: Hunters, join the greatest Hunters from the Star Wars galaxy in grand arenas inspired by iconic Star Wars locales. Use skill and tactics, mix and match teams to find winning strategies, customize your Hunters, and engage in thrilling third-person cross-play battles.

CamHostage

It's a mobile game that's also on Switch, so people are only so interested, but I do want to see this game in action.

It's being made by NaturalMotion, creators of Backbreaker, Clumsy Ninja, CSR Racing, and Dawn of Titans. (They're also the company most famous/infamous for the Euphoria physics systems use in GTA's ragdolls, but in games, the development team has kind of gone its own way, sort of like Criterion Games.) NaturalMotion got bought up by Zynga (and Zynga's pricing schemes have apparently been bad news for NaturalMotion products,) but their tech work is always interesting, even as mobile games.

The trailers are both pretty teasy with no gameplay shown, but some screens of Star Wars Hunters leaked. Curious to see if this does anything interesting on Switch.

3mfEOMl.jpg

Gifmaker

I've watched both the teaser and the new trailer and still don't know what this is about. Is this basically Star Wars' attempt at Fortnite, or what?

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Star Wars: Hunters™ Landing on Nintendo Switch™ and Mobile devices in 2022!

The teams are getting ready, the show is about to begin, screams of delight can be heard from the seats. Meet the combatants, discover their unique fighting style, and learn about their unique abilities in thrilling 4v4 team battles. Explore dynamic maps inspired by iconic Star Wars locales, unsheathe their best combat strategy, and be prepared to thrill the Arena and achieve glory.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Just toss it into the trash and make a game people want like Jedi Outcast 3. Pretty sure the best "BaTtLe ArEnA" Star Wars game was easily Jedi Academy. LAN parties with that were amazing.

CamHostage

I've watched both the teaser and the new trailer and still don't know what this is about. Is this basically Star Wars' attempt at Fortnite, or what?

(*Necro-response)
I assume you've figured it out by now with the full gameplay trailer, but I think it's basically Star Wars' attempt at Overwatch.

Just toss it into the trash and make a game people want like Jedi Outcast 3. Pretty sure the best "BaTtLe ArEnA" Star Wars game was easily Jedi Academy. LAN parties with that were amazing.

It's being made by totally different people, by a totally different publisher, for a totally different business model, so it just doesn't work that way. Zynga is not making one game in spite of demands for another, they're a mobile publisher and this is the game they're making with the license they've got, and either it's good and we like it or it's bad and we never need to play it. There's no canon or lore to carry on here, so no worries about skipping it if it doesn't turn out okay.

(And BTW, although I like NaturalMotion, they are unlikely to be the studio you'd want making a new SW Jedi Knight; you certainly wouldn't want it under Zynga's budget limitations and monetization system...)

Last edited:
Top Bottom