• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: Squadrons Leak?

ManaByte

Rage Bait Youtuber
EaUmrpsUYAEKY7K

Could this be the EA Motive game?

Kronos9x

Hopefully it's similar to Star wars Rogue Squadron and it offers amazing gameplay variety. (Third person, different types of vehicles) They did it back with the Gamecube games. And Online Co-op too.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
I hope there's a campaign too but whats wrong with multiplayer? Some of you oldies can't compete with the 16 year olds anymore?

:messenger_sunglasses:

Kuranghi

I hope there's a campaign too but whats wrong with multiplayer? Some of you oldies can't compete with the 16 year olds anymore?

:messenger_sunglasses:

I've just never been into it, I literally glean no pleasure from playing against humans, when I win I just think of the losing people being annoyed lol.

I think its something to do with starting gaming before online mulitplayer existed (I used to do a bit of LAN stuff but it didn't interest me much), its kinda hard to explain why I prefer SP, I wanted to say "its because there isn't a narrative" but thats nonsense because some of my favourite games have either barely any story or its complete shit lol

Gp1

This game will be a online mmo peppered with microtransactions from all sides.

I really don't believe that EA would have the guts to do a good SP simcade like we all deserve.

Very interested but only if there is a substantial single player component.

MiguelItUp

Gold Member
Maaaaan, I hope this is good! Definitely assuming it's that EA Motive title, maybe even Maverick. Unless there's something else too. If this is anything like Xwing Vs Tie Fighter or even an enhanced Rogue Squadron, I'm SO down.

Ristifer

Not interested in some microtransaction romp for EA. A cool SW flying game is like a dream of mine. But they will fuck this up.

Reactions: Gp1
Seems they are going more in an X-Wing vs Tie Fighter direction with multiplayer as the focus. Not expecting this to be something I'll play. The space battles in Battlefront I & II were lackluster.

I'd like to see a good single player space fighter in the vein of Colony Wars again some day, hopefully one that controls as well as Everspace.

I'd really love it if they'd just reboot the X-Wing series and go all-out with it. X-Wing Alliance was amazing, retelling the events of the OG trilogy from the perspective of a freighter crew and their family as the Empire started closing it's fist was great. There's no reason they can't repeat that with modern visuals.

This is what I was able to find out:

Short SP campaign.
Focus on MP
EA Motive, PC and consoles
Was going to be revealed on the 18th. MS fucked up

Short SP campaign. < "Tutorial" disguised as SP

Focus on MP < What it will be all about.

EDIT: manabyte explano below.

Last edited:

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Multiplayer focused, yuck.... I guess it could be something cool, if it tries to be very varied and involving like say, Allegiance was, but otherwise it's such a poor decision, space sims are at their best when you have a varied and long campaign to get through.

It better support VR at least!

Last edited:
Top Bottom