• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: Squadrons Official Reveal Monday June 15th

Ovek

7Member7
Yuck. There's such a rich legacy to build on and they go and do this...

You can't expect EA to learn from just one recent single player story driven Star Wars game that they sell well. No they still need to chase after the pot of gold at the end of the mutiplayer rainbow.

Just a heads up.

Jeff Grubb said this was a multiplayer focused title with a very thin single player mode. He said single player is very short and there to essentially just teach you the mechanics for multiplayer.

In other words, suck it you sorry single player gamers! This one's ours!

So basically Battlefront except only the spaceship dogfighting

X-Wing vs TIE Fighter was a great game back in the day. I’ll still give it a look

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
So basically Battlefront except only the spaceship dogfighting

X-Wing vs TIE Fighter was a great game back in the day. I’ll still give it a look

I would assume the dogfighting in this upcoming game is significantly better, more fleshed out than the dogfighting found in either Battlefront game.

Btw, I'm a fan of your work. Respect. Booyashaka.

Romulus

I would assume the dogfighting in this upcoming game is significantly better, more fleshed out than the dogfighting found in either Battlefront game.

Btw, I'm a fan of your work. Respect. Booyashaka.

Where did you see those multiplayer focus comments? Twitter? I'd like to read the exact verbiage used.

Ristifer

Just a heads up.

Jeff Grubb said this was a multiplayer focused title with a very thin single player mode. He said single player is very short and there to essentially just teach you the mechanics for multiplayer.

In other words, suck it you sorry single player gamers! This one's ours!
Yikes. Count me out then. The fact that it has to have such a major focus on multiplayer is an automatic pass. Especially with EA behind it. It’s an actual recipe for disaster.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
Listening to the GamesBeat podcast. Will try to transcribe...

Single player campaign is 4-5 hours.
Grubb has consistently downplayed the game. "Don't get too excited"
This game came about because EA didn't want a super ambitious game. Collect assets and get something out quick.
Campaign won't come close to the Rogue Squadron games.
My hunch is that it will feel like the multiplayer modes in Ace Combat or Star Fox. It will have a lot of fans but it will disappoint a lot of people too.
Game might come out September through November for $40 dollars.

Romulus

Single player campaign is 4-5 hours.

Oh okay. That's not bad at all. I think VR gamers won't be too upset there, games feels much, much meatier in VR. I have Ace Combat and its only 1.5 hours and feels like 3-4 hours because its VR. RE7 felt like 30 hours long lol

Last edited:

Darko

“Multiplayer is the main focus.”

jVFrTag.gif
But it supports VR. In.
FDC46837-22-BE-4-D34-AA4-C-503-F7-E958-CEA.gif

dan76

4-5 hours for the campaign probably means 2-3. Still, Rogue Leader and Rebel Strike could both be finished in about an hour each.

If the campaign has iconic stuff from the films then it could still be great. Flying into the second Deathstar core in the falcon with VR? Sign me up. But yeah, it's EA. Keep expectations low.

Top Bottom