• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Starfield official mod support coming in 2024

Draugoth

Gold Member

Todd Howard says Starfield mod support is on the way next year

Game director Todd Howard has said that official Starfield mod support is planned for next year, which is in line with the team's Fallout 4 support.

“When the mods are ready, you will be able to do almost anything as we have done in the past, and the mods will be supported next year, but we will do it in a big way because we love it too.”

Howard’s quote in Famitsu has been machine-translated and edited for clarity, but the core point is clear as day. Official Starfield mod support is coming next year. With Fallout 4 getting mod support the year after release, it’s no surprise that Bethesda is doing the same here.

German Hops

GAF's Nicest Lunch Thief
justin timberlake 90s GIF

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
The PC mod scene is always there.

A lot more interested in what kind of mod support the console version gets. Skyrim and FO4 were pretty decent about it, obviously you can't do extender mods but there was a good variety of texture, weather, terrain, quest mods etc.

Hell, even the unofficial patch mods made it to console.

I hope the mods on Xbox aren’t limited to the Creation Club out of greed. Just having free graphics and expansion/quest mods in Skyrim on Console (or Xbox at least; Sony gimped the PS4 version themselves) makes me replay it once every 1-3 years.

It will be 2024 before I get to level 20. Still lost under a canopy of trees in the rain fighting what look like praying mantises with sunflowers for heads. Why do I keep surveying stuff?

Bkdk

That’s significantly longer than previous titles. Skyrim and fallout had the mod tools released around 1-2 months after release. Todd Howard sure knows how lazy his team is and he just want to delay the modding scene releases a bit to avoid large attention.

Do these content creators get anything for their efforts or is it all done for the love of the game?
Most of us mod authors do it for fun/love of the game. Some appreciate donations. A very few get a one time pay by Bethesda to make Creation Club content that Bethesda will sell.

Last edited:

ZehDon

Gold Member
That’s significantly longer than previous titles. Skyrim and fallout had the mod tools released around 1-2 months after release. Todd Howard sure knows how lazy his team is and he just want to delay the modding scene releases a bit to avoid large attention.
Basically everything in this post is wrong. The time between release of the game, and the release of the tools, has increased with each title as the games have expanded to include more advanced features.

Fallout 3 release date: Oct, 2008 -> Fallout 3 GECK release date: Dec, 2008 (2 Months)
Skyrim release date: Nov, 2011 -> Skyrim Creation Kit release date: Feb, 2012 (4 Months)
Fallout 4 release date: Nov, 2015 -> Fallout 4 Creation Kit release date: Apr, 2016 (6 Months)
Starfield release date: Sep, 2023 -> Starfield Creation Kit release date: ???, 2024 (minimum 4 Months)

If you insist on shitposting, pick a topic that isn't verifiable with a two second Google search.

Last edited:

Bkdk

Basically everything in this post is wrong. The time between release of the game, and the release of the tools, has increased with each title as the games have expanded to include more advanced features.

Fallout 3 release date: Oct, 2008 -> Fallout 3 GECK release date: Dec, 2008 (2 Months)
Skyrim release date: Nov, 2011 -> Skyrim Creation Kit release date: Feb, 2012 (4 Months)
Fallout 4 release date: Nov, 2015 -> Fallout 4 Creation Kit release date: Apr, 2016 (6 Months)
Starfield release date: Sep, 2023 -> Starfield Creation Kit release date: ???, 2024 (minimum 4 Months)

If you insist on shitposting, pick a topic that isn't verifiable with a two second Google search.
Ok, I'm wrong about my claim then, but skyrim is LESS THAN 3 months after, you can't just google search as release date is feb 7, do some 1 second counting in your brain too, unless your brain isn't functional and requires half a day more since you still didn't realize this after at least 12 hours from your reply.

Top Bottom