• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam | 02.2016 - Orangeade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haunted

I guess Steam has issues re-ranking your wishlist when you have over 1000 games on it. I can no longer change the rank of games on my wishlist. A sad day.
kyle_cry.gif

Steam's way of telling you to make up your mind and that it's time to make some tough decisions about the games you're really, actually interested in! :D

Messiah

BlazBlue CPE for me and I heard Street Fighter V might leave early access in march as well.

Edit: FF 9 should also release in March.

Dr Dogg

Speaking of Microsoft, the Windows Store and games out in March, I wonder when Killer Instinct is going to drop? Guess we might find out on Tuesday when the press are allowed to talk about the event last week. Not that KI on PC is that tempting but hopefully Microsoft might have an update to their Xbone Contoller drivers where some Fightsticks trigger buttons don't register. Man I've really got the urge to splurge money recently.

BlazBlue CPE for me and I heard Street Fighter V might leave early access in march as well.

I'd say we're in the backers only beta right about now. March if anything is the Early Access period.

dex3108

You must be referring to console as well as PC since both Battlefield and COD are going to continually struggle moving forward.

Yeap i meant launch in general.

Nothing will beat Call of Duty this year I believe.

Well it is Infinity Ward year and as far as i remember both MW3 and Ghosts didn't sell that good in compassion to other CoD games. So who knows.

Microsoft says a lot of things :(

You must admit that they kept many promises they made in last year or two. Except that they promised that Steam is not competing platform XD

Well it's been sitting in the top sellers list on Steam for a while and likewise in the sales ranks on Amazon (very scientific I know!) but I doubt it's going to do COD or FIFA numbers. Might snatch Destiny's crown for largest selling new IP though.

Well even beating Destiny would be huge for Ubisoft. This year they have good lineup and for the first time i don't know what could they announce on E3 beside Watch Dogs 2. Also this is their 30th anniversary so they could surprise on E3 (cough, Beyond Good and Evil 2, cough) :D

AHA-Lambda

Well it is Infinity Ward year and as far as i remember both MW3 and Ghosts didn't sell that good in compassion to other CoD games. So who knows.

MW3 is one of the best selling I'm sure.

CoD is just one of those things you can't doubt anymore, even on an off year it'll beat everything in it's path, like FIFA.

Pachimari

I don't think the casual audience will pay much attention to that. I'm betting that it'll do very well, based on it releasing the year after one of their strongest entries which were Black Ops III.

Haunted

Could you delightful peeps take a screenshot of your Steam categories, I'm trying to organize my Steam library and am in need of inspiration
CO-OP (local multi and party games)
EVERGREEN (smaller games you can always just pick up and play)
HIGH PRIORITY (newer games I want to try out/finish short term)
UNFINISHED (games I've started playing but kinda lost interest in somewhere along the way - a kind of purgatory category for games in consideration to get uninstalled)

and then just my games and those of my friends in family sharing

I have 1300 games, but I take care not to have over ~100-120 or so installed at the same time, so it's still kinda manageable.

Pachimari

Guys, I think I got a virus on my computer, the first one since I reinstalled Windows 10. I'm doing a full scan with Windows Defender, but how do I remove the viruses? Is there a viable free software to do this? Just once?

Some PCSpeedUp software were installed, which I immediately erased, but now betting ads pops up with minutes interval in my Chrome browser.

The matrix is taking over, and I'm afraid.

Parsnip

Hey Steam Controller folks.
In games that automatically swap between input modes and where the hud changes accordingly, do those games get confused by the hybrid nature of the controller?

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
Guys, I think I got a virus on my computer, the first one since I reinstalled Windows 10. I'm doing a full scan with Windows Defender, but how do I remove the viruses? Is there a viable free software to do this? Just once?

Some PCSpeedUp software were installed, which I immediately erased, but now betting ads pops up with minutes interval in my Chrome browser.

Adwcleaner and malwarebytes at least.

Grief.exe

I'd recommend just doing a full reformat and reinstall at this point.

If you have one virus, you most likely have several and you cannot guarantee you will be able to fully remove all of them.

Fix your browsing habits to prevent further viruses
Install UBlock Origin (Settings > Select Advanced User > Globally block 3rd party Scripts and Frames) Turn off Ublock for Neogaf of course.

dex3108

MW3 is one of the best selling I'm sure.

CoD is just one of those things you can't doubt anymore, even on an off year it'll beat everything in it's path, like FIFA.

Then i remembered wrong :D I am not doubting i am sure they will sell tons of copies only question is will they beat previous CoD releases.

I don't think the casual audience will pay much attention to that. I'm betting that it'll do very well, based on it releasing the year after one of their strongest entries which were Black Ops III.

Well people didn't like Ghosts. And i mean they really didn't like it because Activision dropped price on sales for that game more then for any other CoD :D

Well it is not "virus" it is adware. You can use AdAdware (if it is still a thing and good i used it long time ago) or Malwarebytes. That is what i have used in the past (on other PC not mine i a for now careful enough :D )

Pachimari

Adwcleaner and malwarebytes at least.

Thanks! I'm gonna look it up after Windows Defender have scanned my computer. I also just now erased two very weirdly named files. I have been suggested AVG as well. I'm just gonna install all three, and pay up for my Norton as well, to be even more secure from the scum out there.

I'd recommend just doing a full reformat and reinstall at this point.

If you have one virus, you most likely have several and you cannot guarantee you will be able to fully remove all of them.

Fix your browsing habits to prevent further viruses
Install UBlock Origin (Settings > Select Advanced User > Globally block 3rd party Scripts and Frames) Turn off Ublock for Neogaf of course.

I'm gonna turn on UBlock as well. Thanks for this.

Well it is not "virus" it is adware. You can use AdAdware (if it is still a thing and good i used it long time ago) or Malwarebytes. That is what i have used in the past (on other PC not mine i a for now careful enough :D )

Yep, I'm gonna look up Malwarebytes.

This is the first time I get something like this installed on my computer in I don't know how long a time.

Dr Dogg

Hey Steam Controller folks.
In games that automatically swap between input modes and where the hud changes accordingly, do those games get confused by the hybrid nature of the controller?

Go play Resident Evil 6 and tell me how long it takes you to get annoyed by the 'Controller Detected' and 'Keyboard Detected' popups swaping back and forth nigh on constantly if you have Gamepad with mouse look aim selected as the template. Watch Dogs and Splinter Cell Blacklist were a bit of a pain with the UI altering somewhat depending on input method and early UE3 games will pause for a slight seccond when swaping input methods around (got me killed a number of times in Gears even on easy). For those types of games you might be best off sticking to kb&m or controller layouts but as always just monkey about with it and see what suits you.

Parsnip

Go play Resident Evil 6 and tell me how long it takes you to get annoyed by the 'Controller Detected' and 'Keyboard Detected' popups swaping back and forth nigh on constantly if you have Gamepad with mouse look aim selected as the template. Watch Dogs and Splinter Cell Blacklist were a bit of a pain with the UI altering somewhat depending on input method and early UE3 games will pause for a slight seccond when swaping input methods around (got me killed a number of times in Gears even on easy). For those types of games you might be best off sticking to kb&m or controller layouts but as always just monkey about with it and see what suits you.
I was afraid of that.
Still, I should get one.

There's a fix for Resident Evil 6 for that message at least. I did end up just playing it with my XBox One controller though.

I'm playing Rise of the Tomb Raider right now and it's slightly annoying when it switches to keyboard prompts whenever I aim. An option to choose one type of button prompts or switch automatically in games would be a nice change for use of the controller.

MUnited83

For you.

Spybot Search and Destroy, Malware Bytes. Go get them!

Phawx

Not really feeling Stardew. It's a bit too slow. I realize the speed is on purpose but ain't nobody got time for that.

AHA-Lambda

Urgh, Shadwen does not instill me with confidence >_>

I don't understand why the demo had a video explaining crafting and traps when, from my time with demo anyway, I couldn't find any such items or mechanics?

It also uses the hilariously broken AC stealth system of your character being extremely and plainly visible but is nevertheless classed as being hidden cos you're within a threadbare bush. And almost every time you hide in one your head is sticking out plain as day but nope you're a stealth ninja so no one can see you! :eek:

And the little girl's AI is very inconsistent, it's hard to tell what will get her to move or not. I couldn't finish the demo, cos she just wouldn't move to the end door no matter what I did, despite the 2 guards nearby after being distracted being nowhere near her and not looking anywhere near her general path.

Adry9

Guys, I think I lost my Dark Souls 2 save with almost 30h into the game...

I picked it up on day 1 but I was so disappointed with it that I didn't finish it. Now that DS3 is coming up I finally decided to give it a second chance, but when I opened it I couldn't click continue. The thing is, DS2 doesn't support Steam Cloud for some reason. On top of that, From decided to keep the save file in AppData/Roaming, instead of the game folder or "Documents" like any other game. So when I upgraded to Windows 10, even though I chose to keep my files, and made a backup of my "Documents" folder just in case, my save got deleted. Fuck. This.

I just noticed a new category that has been added to library called STEAMVR removing some games from main library and adding those compatible with Steam VR to it. How to to remove such category? It just bothers me that I almost went crazy thinking some of my games were removed from my library to find out that I need to scroll the whole library down to find those games. Usless since none of us has such device. They must let us choose whther to add such category or not and not forcing us to acknowledge Steam VR device.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom