• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2016 - This thread is badass

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jawmuncher

And Tell's Attack of the Backlog continues with... Bionic Commando!

Wasn't really sure what to expect going into this one, since Rearmed didn't really click for me and I wasn't too sure about the transition to 3D. Only a little ways in, but I'm enjoying it. Hasn't been enough combat yet for me to really weigh in on it yet (I've only offed a few grunts so far), but the swinging and grappling feel surprisingly good.

I'll post more impressions from here in the distant past as I go, unless you tell me to shut up. :p

One of my favorites, best swinging mechanic in game ever.

Ludens

Banned
Tried the demo, it convinced me I can wait for the PC release with absolutely zero problems.
The combat, if possible, is even junkier than Episode Duscae. The framerate is obscene, and I don't know, the graphics look nothing like the trailers.
Also I thought this was a FFXV demo, not a Kingdom Hearts one.

Tizoc

Wow a game about Milamber in his future life!
ss_eec464733783cd9777eaf55d2e35ba6f25d1e0cb.jpg

ss_993d799f3a05f80518f807fb89e81b1634e10f9c.jpg
http://store.steampowered.com/app/433750/?snr=1_7_7_comingsoon_150_9

JustinBB7

I almost wanted to make a thread about it, but the newest Walking Dead Michonne ep is only 1 hour..

Telltale was already pushing it with barely 1 and a half hour episodes but common.. 1 hour?

AHA-Lambda

I almost wanted to make a thread about it, but the newest Walking Dead Michonne ep is only 1 hour..

Telltale was already pushing it with barely 1 and a half hour episodes but common.. 1 hour?

Yeah I mentioned this earlier on here

And pretty much all of Minecraft is like 90 mins max. This better not be a trend -_-

Last call.
tumblr_ncwrif8INP1r0d8nto1_400.gif

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (SockyJohnson, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Hyper Light Drifter -- MB-9B6CEFF5CF1BAA07 - Taken by Lain. 59 entrants total.

t1459430529z1.png

derExperte

Don't worry, just connect an X1 gamepad and it'll stutter so bad you will get 2hrs out of it.

Seriously, still too short and rushed but it took me ~80m, no idea how you can be done in an hour.

Arthea

Just heard someone say that Tetris is still the most played game in the world. Wonder if that's true though. Minecraft?

us old folks don't give a damn about Minecraft (and we are majority now), so yeah, Tetris all the way
I haven't played it for some time already, I blame ubi and steam

Candy Crush or some mobile game I'm sure at this point.

nope, Tetris all the way
only Peggle could come close if not for EA

I thought such behavior was frowned upon in this thread

Candy Crush or some mobile game I'm sure at this point.

It probably was at some point, like Farmville and Angry Birds probably were as well, but Minecraft is something else, it just wont leave the charts, be it PSN, XBL, Japan, US or EU physical charts, you name it.
Fun fact, I've never played it. I have played Tetris though.

So how many games are in the humble monthly this month, the boxes are misleading.

I imagine 6 real steam games. So South park + war is mine + 4 more. Hmm....i have south park already.

Arthea

It probably was at some point, like Farmville and Angry Birds probably were as well, but Minecraft is something else, it just wont leave the charts, be it PSN, XBL, Japan, US or EU physical charts, you name it.
Fun fact, I've never played it. I have played Tetris though.

let's talk anecdotal evidence, shall we? I know nobody who plays or played Farmville, some that played Angry Birds, a few kids that play Minecraft, but! I don't know anybody who never played Tetris, here you go. 100% proven.
I still can't believe what ubi did to it, if there was a way to kill Tetris ubi found it.

let's talk anecdotal evidence, shall we? I know nobody who plays or played Farmville, some that played Angry Birds, a few kids that play Minecraft, but! I don't know anybody who never played Tetris, here you go. 100% proven.
I still can't believe what ubi did to it, if there was a way to kill Tetris ubi found it.

Well, yeah, but the conversation was about which is the most played right now, or over the past year if you will. Obviously Tetris wins overall, pretty much everyone has played it at some point.

me0wish

Any stories on the XB1 wireless dongle breaking yet?

I'm having weird issues with it, it crashes games, doesn't work with some, randomly refuses to connect with any controller etc. The amount of frustration I had with this controller makes me surprised that any one recommends it for pc, there was a thread on gaf addressing these issues, frankly I had less trouble using a DS4 or even a WiiU pro controller.

tl;dr
Awesome controller, terrible drivers that make it hard to recommend.

mp1990

Banned
I'm surprised that SEGA didn't bothered bringing Sonic Unleashed to Steam, considering that all other mainline entries, excluding Colors and Boom, are available in it, seems like a quick buck to me

Mod the werewolf levels out and I'd certainly give it a try

I'm surprised that SEGA didn't bothered bringing Sonic Unleashed to Steam, seems like a quick buck to me

i mean, if someone wants to just play the non-werewolf levels of Unleashed then just get the mod for Generations that is exactly that

Arthea

Well, yeah, but the conversation was about which is the most played right now, or over the past year if you will. Obviously Tetris wins overall, pretty much everyone has played it at some point.

yeah, that's what my spoiler was about, if Tetris is no longer most played game, it's on ubi's conscience solely, it still would be otherwise, or maybe still is, in spite of ubi's shenanigans.

Because it all starts flowing into a different bodypart? ( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)

Oh you.
I wonder if it will ever come to steam? Not that I'd buy it, I could get it on PS4 if I wanted to
I'd totally bite at 5 euros during a steam sale.
Now that I think about it, some of those outfits make nude mods pretty much pointless lol.

Arthea

Oh you.
I wonder if it will ever come to steam? Not that I'd buy it, I could get it on PS4 if I wanted to
I'd totally bite at 5 euros during a steam sale.
Now that I think about it, some of those outfits make nude mods pretty much pointless lol.

if it ever comes to steam, this thread will never be SFW again....

I finished the first episode of LiS yesterday.

Does the pacing of this game pick up at all? the first episode felt a bit long and had a filler moment or two that left me audibly sighing.

Tizoc

i mean, if someone wants to just play the non-werewolf levels of Unleashed then just get the mod for Generations that is exactly that

Ah
You wanna try saying that in the SonicGAF community thread? :p

I'm surprised that SEGA didn't bothered bringing Sonic Unleashed to Steam, considering that all other mainline entries, excluding Colors and Boom, are available in it, seems like a quick buck to me

Or better yet; swap out werehog with Knuckles redo the stages
Boom Knuckles beat'em-up game that everyone has been waiting for.

gelf

I'll be very disappointed if the next Sega port is yet another so-so Sonic game.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
What's the proper way to play Crimson Clover? Having unlimited continues feels like cheating.

Just don't use them and try getting better with each try...

And play on novice for the beginning :)

The end goal is to 1CC (1 credit clear) the game, playing through it without using any continues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom