• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Next Fest: October 2023 (10/9 - 10/16) Edition

Ishma3L

Steam Next Fest, a week long celebration of upcoming games, is upon us once again! Take some time this week to check out the new demos that are available and post your recommendations below.

My Steam Next Fest Demo Recommendations:

1. Earthless

2. The Talos Principle 2

3. Wizordum

4. Sentry

5. Mars Tactics

Last edited:

bender

What time is it?
I didn't realize that Robocop had immersive sim elements. That's a meaty demo. Runs decent on Deck.

Tried some other stuff on my Deck:

Crime Scene Cleanup: Couldn't get it to launch.
Japanese Drift Master: Couldn't lower the settings enough to get this to run above ~20 FPS. From the little I saw, I think this will be an open world racer.
Talos Principle II: Runs really well on Deck.

ChoosableOne

ChoosableAll
I tried Robocop and Anomaly Agent. They were fine but not great. Jusant and that japanese drift game will be next. I played The Last Faith's beta like a month ago. I liked it's art style but gameplay was not that great, technically(it was a little bit laggy). Maybe I will give it another go.

winjer

Gold Member
The Talos Principle 2 demo was great.
This will probably become one of the best games of the year.

TVexperto

that game from the settlers guy is amazing

robocop went from ahh maybe after deep sale to instant buy after the demo, so much love and details went into this game

Last edited:

Holammer

Tried a couple.

Super casual adventure game where you play as Snufkin returning to a springtime Moominvalley to meet up with Moomin after his hibernation. Simple puzzles and some light stealth elements. It feels like it could have used some voice acting. Y'know, for the kids!

Pixelart metroidvania that's aggressively mid. Spends too much time on useless dialogue. It made me think about Wonderboy in Monsterland, would it have been better if you had a wacky support Vtuber character that can't stop talking? It insults the players intellegence with constant popups, so it critically failed to captivate me.

⭐ The big surprise of this bunch. An adventure game taking place in a bizarre and I would say kafka'esque world, but the propagnist is named "Kaf Kafkaryan", so it feels a little bit redundant to point it out. It looks and sounds like something you played back in the 90's on the Megadrive or a DOS PC.
This is is ART, and it goes in the wishlist.

This was nothing like I imagined, after a few minutes it became clear it's an idler based on Tamagochi. You are a guardian spirit tasked with hatching a fairy egg and raising the Yold Hero. So it involves training, feeding, making it go potty etc. A game you're supposed to have running in the background and checking occasionally.

Horizontally scrolling shmup designed to look and feel like a Neo Geo game. Graphics aren't quite there, but it's close. The twist is that you can switch between 2 planes where you hitbox is either big or gigantic, with color coded enemy bullets so you can get out of dodge with the press of a button. Like all modern shooters these days it also mixes in a 'focus' mechanic, so it feels a bit more complicated than needed. Not bad, but I'm not feeling it.

Classical beat 'em up with elements from games like Final Fight & Undercover Cops. It takes place in a world of anthromorphic waifus where cup sizes determine speed/strength. It's rough around the edges, but there is some clever stuff there. Like the Cow girl with giant mommy milkers, this game's Haggar. She can't pick up and use regular melee weapons, but instead rips lampposts and steel I-beams out of the ground and swats badgirls with 'em.

TEVI, Heli-Cats & Maiden Cops should trim the dialogue. There's an option to skip it entirely in Maiden, but c'mon. Have a stopwatch and allow 20-30 seconds to set the scene, instead of assulting the player with a wall of text.

Top Bottom