• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2015 - Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty Never Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monooboe

Damn... so I've been meaning to search a cultural grant and I've had a plan in the works and the due date i tomorrow... and now I've completely changed my mind and project, so have to rewrite everything, gaah!

Also AC Unity, how much of the % is multiplayer stuff?o_O I've collected almost all collectables and almost done with mainmissions but only at 40% completion.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I haven't been binging JJ and maybe watching 2 episodes a night and maybe taking a day off inbetween. So I dunno how much of people telling me the show starts to taper off at the halfway point is correct or just an artifact of people just blowing past everything to see stuff happen because they can binge the damn thing.

Although I wouldn't be surprised because I just finished episode 7 and I feel like I'm intrigued but I feel unsure exactly how you can do 6 more episodes with where the characters are at.

Oh yeah I don't understand the binge method at all for a show like that. I don't think I have done more than a single episode a day. The plot has no business being 13 episodes either just like DD. The only villains worth that many episodes are:

YHl9SVP.gif

kaFKJ17.gif

NFOkG38.gif

zkylon

zkylewd
I haven't been binging JJ and maybe watching 2 episodes a night and maybe taking a day off inbetween. So I dunno how much of people telling me the show starts to taper off at the halfway point is correct or just an artifact of people just blowing past everything to see stuff happen because they can binge the damn thing.

Although I wouldn't be surprised because I just finished episode 7 and I feel like I'm intrigued but I feel unsure exactly how you can do 6 more episodes with where the characters are at.

the show is longer than it should and since there's only the one villain it starts going in cricles past the point of ridiculous

also i watched it on three days over a week? dunno if that means anything to you :p

also death to kotaku

Ludens

Banned
Considering how TLOU looked and ran on the original PS3? Yes, it did a remaster. Badly so.
You can read about the high price of the Cell, and how Sony is the only one that actually uses them. The price ain't going to be cheaper than what is now and putting it on a new console that is supposed to sell for 10 years would be the stupidest move Sony could make. The reason is not simply "hurr durr we want to sell remasters".
Yeah, some "remasters" are crap. So what? Doesn't change the fact that many of them are largely superior to the originals.

We are still discussing about this, but as I wrote I won't change my opinion. I played PS3 version of Last of Us and I tried for 20 minutes PS4 version. Yeah, there are good changes, but TLOU didn't need "badly" a remaster. Not at all, the game plays fine even on 30 FPS.
Also honestly I don't trust every single thing Sony says: yeah, probably Cell was expensive back in the future, but like every piece of hardware, for sure now is much, much cheaper than before, I doubt Sony is still selling all those PS3 losing money on them...

rtcn63

The load times on the original TLOU were bad, particularly at startup. It did look good for the most part. Now Demon's Souls... that game needs a remaster. It's eye-scorching.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Damn... so I've been meaning to search a cultural grant and I've had a plan in the works and the due date i tomorrow... and now I've completely changed my mind and project, so have to rewrite everything, gaah!

Also AC Unity, how much of the % is multiplayer stuff?o_O I've collected almost all collectables and almost done with mainmissions but only at 40% completion.

Unity's MP component is limited to co-op missions, which can be played solo. I had a bit of trouble with Women's March, but the rest are perfectly doable without additional players.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Unity's MP component is limited to co-op missions, which can be played solo. I had a bit of trouble with Women's March, but the rest were perfectly doable without additional players.

The co-op mission in the DLC was pure 100% refined bullshit if done solo.... and it was basically impossible to get co-op without playing with a friend.

Monooboe

Unity's MP component is limited to co-op missions, which can be played solo. I had a bit of trouble with Women's March, but the rest were perfectly doable without additional players.

Aaaah, I though it wasn't even possible to try the co-op missions alone, good good, will give them a try.

People probably raved about and you did mention it, but DAMN how gorgeous Unity can be. I often think that why don't Ubi just make another game in the same city, same engine and all, would love for example play and open world RPG in old Paris with the same engine.

Ludens

Banned
The load times on the original TLOU were bad, particularly at startup. It did look good for the most part. Now Demon's Souls... that game needs a remaster. It's eye-scorching.

Like Uncharted, the game loaded the game on the start so it can provide no loading experience during gameplay, like Uncharted titles. RAM is very limited on PS3, ND did an awesome job on using the console.

MUnited83

For you.
We are still discussing about this, but as I wrote I won't change my opinion. I played PS3 version of Last of Us and I tried for 20 minutes PS4 version. Yeah, there are good changes, but TLOU didn't need "badly" a remaster. Not at all, the game plays fine even on 30 FPS.
Also honestly I don't trust every single thing Sony says: yeah, probably Cell was expensive back in the future, but like every piece of hardware, for sure now is much, much cheaper than before, I doubt Sony is still selling all those PS3 losing money on them...

Pieces only get cheaper if there's reason enough to manufacture them en masse enough to drive down the prices. Outside of Sony themselves, there's no demand at all for Cell. This guarantees that the prices won't go down at a acceptable rate if at all. Again, you can easily research this.

Ozium

remasters are dumb as fuck low effort marketing schlock that fools eat up

no need to make a remaster of a game that came out last gen, especially if it was already hd.. also no reason to buy them, unless you like wasting money

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
One of my problems with TLOU is just how cartoony the violence us. Completely ruins the tone of the game in some parts.

rtcn63

I'm guessing both MGSV and F4 are fine if you aren't a stickler for story. V has addictive gameplay, but the post-launch patches royally fuck you over if you don't want to participate in the online FOB content.

Hektor

the show is longer than it should and since there's only the one villain it starts going in cricles past the point of ridiculous

also i watched it on three days over a week? dunno if that means anything to you :p

also death to kotaku

metal gear

death to kotaku

i play it on my brothers account

death to kotaku

Is it because of this Gizmodo article linked on their page?
http://gizmodo.com/we-still-dont-know-why-the-heck-there-are-so-many-blue-1744998465

Tizoc

remasters are dumb as fuck low effort marketing schlock that fools eat up

no need to make a remaster of a game that came out last gen, especially if it was already hd.. also no reason to buy them, unless you like wasting money

Winder Waker HD and Twilight Princess HD are also dumb as fuck low effort marketing shlock? :p

JaseC

People probably raved about and you did mention it, but DAMN how gorgeous Unity can be. I often think that why don't Ubi just make another game in the same city, same engine and all, would love for example play and open world RPG in old Paris with the same engine.

There are a bunch of present day collectables in Syndicate and the majority of them are recounts of someone reliving the experiences of an assassin during Renaissance Italy, so I have my fingers and toes crossed that, in spite of the back-to-back Ezio trilogy, Ubi is teasing a return to the period for next year. A current-gen game could really do the setting justice.

Dr Dogg

Mgsv or Fallout 4? Which one is the better value gamewise. Buying one in the next 12 hours or so.

That's easy. AssCreed Syndicate :p

Do MGS5 or Fallout 4 has random pedestrians that say such phrases as 'O'wight there gu'vnor?', 'She's a bit of an odd 'un' or 'Ere this fella be brown bread' and many more besides? I rest my case.

JaseC

The co-op mission in the DLC was pure 100% refined bullshit if done solo.... and it was basically impossible to get co-op without playing with a friend.

I don't recall it being something of a roadblock. Maybe I just got lucky... or maybe it was as bad as you say and I pushed the experience to the back of my mind, haha.

That's easy. AssCreed Syndicate :p

Do MGS5 or Fallout 4 has random pedestrians than say such phrases as 'O'wight there gu'vnor?', 'She's a bit of an odd 'un' or 'Ere this fella be brown bread' and many more besides? I rest my case.

"I think we need to have a bit of a chinwag!" always gets me.

Dr Dogg

"I think we need to have a bit of a chinwag!" always gets me.

I'm sure Unity had its fair share of contextual crowd dialogue but seeing as my schoolboy French is a tad rusty I wouldn't be able to tell anyway. Behind Henry' shop is a boy trying to flog newspapers with the old 'Extra, extra' sales patter but I haven't quite caught what he says.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom