• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2016 - A month where 100 games launch rather than coming out earlier

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tellaerin

I feel like kind-of a jerk.

I wrote a review for Redux: Dark Matters.

It brought the game's rating from "Mostly Positive" to "Mixed".

Hey, Redux isn't a bad shooter for the (current sale) price. If I'd paid full price back when I bought it, I'd've been a little annoyed by the size of the ship and shots and the uneven difficulty (it spikes in the late game after being on the easy side for most of it). At a budget price I'm willing to give those things a pass, since I was able to get into the zone and have some fun with it. (Oh, and I liked the soundtrack, too.) If it was in an arcade, it'd probably get a few quarters out of me.

Monooboe

Owlboy today! As I'm completely broke at the moment I have to spend the day figuring out how to get enough for Owlboy... hmh.

Knurek

Technical notes: The game isn't just able to play the live-action movies from local storage without any modification, it actually tries to do exactly that. BUT the developer/publisher decided not to include the necessary BINK2 videos in the installation. So it falls back to online streaming.
Unfortunately the online videos have an entirely different format, so they can't just be downloaded and put into the game folder. It is also not possible to convert them to BINK2 because the encoder is not freely available.
The way this crack works is that it intercepts the connection to the XBox live servers and copies the requested streaming fragments directly from disk to memory.
We decided to include the 1080p high-bitrate versions of the video files as that is the most common resolution among gamers.

Amazing, it's like Microsoft actively went and did something that will negatively impact legal owners of Quantum Break for... reasons?

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
post-39510-birdman-hand-rub-gif-Imgur-otMs.gif

If you do it don't forget the "fuck anime" gifs.

If it's not up by noon tomorrow (EDT), I'll get one up.

Tizoc

What do you mean ?
Mate we've been through this at least HALF A DOZEN TIMES in the past Steam threads.
Whatever SEGA has in store far as PC Ports are concerned, they've already teased or stated that they have stuff they are working on, we just don't know what those projects are-
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1269402

Then there's Vanquish tease
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1257790

Lost World never affected them I already wrote my theory in this thread-
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=218940509&postcount=1017
Initially SEGA had mainly planned for Lost World and V. Chronicles to be ported as part of their 1 game a year plans. After seeing how well V. Chronicles did, they likely upped their porting plans, though I do ope we start seeing more than 1 game a year or if they plan on releasing multiple games over time.
So to add, they were working on LW and V. Chronicles and since LW was already ahead in development (or whatever the proper term is), it was released as per schedule.

Now the fact that we haven't heard anything in so long AND the 2017 release timeframe leads me to believe that THEY WERE working on mulitple projects and because of that it takes longer to get those projects ready and straightened out for PC release.

This is like the NX mate; under unprecedented NDA.

Yeah, I also realized that Aksys never ever marketed or mentionned the Steam version, even removing the Steam logo in the English trailers.

As for explicit date, that's right, but there always was a pattern. Typing of the Dead, Valkyria Chronicles and Sonic Lost World all were announced in October.
There's no need to freak out cuz the pattern is broken :p
But here's a little something for you; before they were working on fewer titles; 3 games which released one year apart and announcement was on October.
Now we've heard they are working on MORE projects so until they have them up and running well and proper they've chosen to skip the October announcement period.

Now the question remains is if y'all would put your money where mouths are and buy those PC ports day 1 when they're the ones you've been longing for :p

Corpekata

Banned
Nonary pack would have been a good Halloween release given it's been a pretty barren year for horror games. Yeah, they're not horror, but they do sort of toe that line (and have obvious horror movie contemporaries) and would have gotten some extra attention.

Tizoc

They did it for Zero Time Dilemma, going as far as removing the Steam logo from trailers.

The 999 and VLR situation is pretty interesting; the 'American' side used the term 'Exclusive' for their Sony release, yet we have Spike Chunsoft, the developer of the games publishing them on Steam.
Why is it interesting? Well the US side of Atlus and SEGA have said that there are no plans (that they know of) of a Yakuza 0 PC release.
I'll let you put two and two together ;P

The 999 and VLR situation is pretty interesting; the 'American' side used the term 'Exclusive' for their Sony release, yet we have Spike Chunsoft, the developer of the games publishing them on Steam.
Why is it interesting? Well the US side of Atlus and SEGA have said that there are no plans (that they know of) of a Yakuza 0 PC release.
I'll let you put two and two together ;P

Yeah, I see what you mean, but Aksys isn't the American side though :p
It's just two different publishers. Speaking of which: US side of Atlus and SEGA is the same person.

But yeah, despite what some angry people were saying, Atlus/SEGA USA and SEGA Europe aren't run by the same people.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Overcast - Walden and the Werewolf -- MB-07FD203E3488AFF2 - Taken by Drayco21. 1 entrants total.

t1477991407z1.png

AHA-Lambda

How is Rise of the Tomb Raider not the first game people suggest to new PC owners!

Civ VI looks great, Forza is silky smooth and Overwatch is basically the same across platforms but this is the first game to WOW me with my new tech.

Really can't wait to dig into this more but quick question - is DX12 good? Are higher end systems encouraged to use it when given the opportunity?

Cos it's a really dull game

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Is there a way to filter Steam for original release dates and genres? I want to see which FPS are on Steam that released up to 2005, but I cant find a way to get it right.

jediyoshi

Is there a way to filter Steam for original release dates and genres? I want to see which FPS are on Steam that released up to 2005, but I cant find a way to get it right.

Using original release dates and not Steam store release dates? Don't believe you can.

MadGear

Does anyone of you know how to play Resident Evil Revelations 2 co-op on PC? Mouse and Keyboard as well as the gamepad seem to be used as interchangeable control options for player 1 and so far I haven't found a way to tell the game to use either of them for player 2 instead.

But aren't you one of those weird people who thinks it's okay to have a keyboard without a number pad? That might invalidate your opinions ;)

imo TKL is the way to go (I tried 60% sized ones but ended up missing those dedicated F-keys way more than I expected to). Get a separate number pad if you need one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom