• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steins;Gate 0, a Steins;Gate Sequel, as Both a Visual Novel and Anime

cbq

So, they're basically adaptnig Epigraph manga as anime and VN.
Gotta stop reading the manga then :p (and wait 5 years for localization of the game)

I kinda wish they did something new, and not used the story from currently running manga, but I guess VN is going to be more in depth.

Steins;Gate x Zero Escape confirmed

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Wooooo awesome! Hopefully this gets localized too.

Awesome. This time I'll try and play the VN before watching the anime. I hope these are both as good as the originals. Now all I need is a localization.

yami4ct

More Steins;Gate? Sure, I'll take more Steins;Gate. I doubt they'll be able to create something as surprising, but the characters and world are great. I'd love to see them try.

Mailbox

When I first heard about this , I was skeptical.
Then I read about the Epigraph trilogy, and the implications and connections to the main series. I'm on board!

Hears to hoping that the anime adaptation is just as near perfect and awesome as steins;gate!

Though I probably should lower my expectations.

gitoW.gif

_Ryo_

It could be neither a prequel or a sequel as it could take place in the time-frame (but different time line) so it could run concurrent with the original series. ie the β (Beta) World Timeline. 2010 July - September 2036.
(Where there was World War 3 and Okabe lives to send the D-mail to Alpha Timeline Okabe)
and 2010 July - September 2036
(Where CERN rules, Kirisus creates the time machine and everyone dies.)
I might have this backwards. xD.

Anyway, my point is the same it could during the same timeframe of July 2010 - December 2036 just as the original show, but only in the BETA timeline.

If this is the case it's not really before or after, it's during. haha

But really, I think it'll be all three, concurrent, past and future of the timelines because from these pics they look sort of the same age, right? Not much older in any case and if it was 2036 they would have aged a lot.

Speedwagon

Michelangelo painted the Sistine Chapel. Yabuki turned off voice chat in Mario Kart races. True artists of their time.
Count me in for the VN and Anime.

DMiz

I always intended to watch the anime - but only after I played the game.

But since the game hasn't been released on Steam, I ended up just reading a Let's Play of all the endings and was... pleasantly surprised? At certain aspects of the plot, anyway. The end, I felt,
got a little bit too focused on the romance and not enough on the plot - or, well, it felt at least that the game lost its physics aspect and just completely focused on the Butterfly Effect.
Still, it was good fun!

Really neat to see that they're getting to take another crack at this, since it seems like a lot of the biggest fans thought that Robotics;Notes wasn't a really great follow-up (which seems to make sense - it looks like NitroPlus didn't have as large of a role for that game as they did with Steins;Gate, though comparatively everyone seems to think Chaos;head was worse than both and NitroPlus was onboard for that, too...)

That all being said, do we have a Community thread on GAF that deals with this series and/or specifically Steins;Gate? Would be fun to discuss this game.

Top Bottom