• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Stellar Blade Score Prediction Thread

Where does the review aggregate score for Stellar Blade lands at?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Aenima

I said 81-85. I watched Asmongold play it and while there is much fanfare to be had, the combat itself didn't look all that fun to me. It's like it's trying to be dark souls but it's missing something. Can't quite place my finger on it. One man's opinion. Of course this was just a demo and I could see shit getting real crazy with chicks getting limbs lopped off and the tragedy of seeing so much ass getting laid to waste.

I'm sorry, what are we talking about again?
I watched Asmon play the demo too and he sucks at this kind of games, was still entertaining to watch him struggle. But to judge the combat, if you cant try it for yourself, at least watch someone that understands how the combat works.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I watched Asmon play the demo too and he sucks at this kind of games, was still entertaining to watch him struggle. But to judge the combat, if you cant try it for yourself, at least watch someone that understands how the combat works.

Yeah I myself dont get the complain about combat, playing the demo combat felt great that sold me on the game more than "sexy design" did.

Bkdk

80 Initially, then woke journalists giving it a low score will be fired and some of the sites will then apologize and give it a fair 90+ score as their site/channel is crumbling due to backlash!

skit_data

Intensifies Starship Troopers GIF

Zheph

I said 81-85. I watched Asmongold play it and while there is much fanfare to be had, the combat itself didn't look all that fun to me. It's like it's trying to be dark souls but it's missing something. Can't quite place my finger on it. One man's opinion. Of course this was just a demo and I could see shit getting real crazy with chicks getting limbs lopped off and the tragedy of seeing so much ass getting laid to waste.

I'm sorry, what are we talking about again?
One of the worst streamers you can watch for this kind of games, jeez man come on

Jigsaah

Gold Member

This is not good combat IMO. The entire fight happens in one or two spots. Maybe my expectations were just off...but I thought there would be more maneuvering....more acrobatics...using more of the area in the fight. She basically just stands in front of the monster...blocks, parries or backflips or dashes in for an attack. That's not fun to me. Again, maybe it's early and there's more to come, but I sure hope most of the fighting doesn't resemble this.

The effects are throwing me off too...like the blood doesn't look good...looks tacked on...like it's not even from the same game. I'm really surprised Taro said this is better than Nier Automata...no shot IMO.

Last edited:

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
So many people just do button mashing or don't wanna try much
But if a game lets the player keep button mashing, isn’t that on the game? When it comes to great action combat, it’s important that the game throws different enemy types at you, that require different tactics. I always look at Ninja Gaiden as the standard of a good action game. It doesn’t let the player button mash all enemies. Some require parries, special moves or throws to be beaten.

Zheph

But if a game lets the player keep button mashing, isn’t that on the game? When it comes to great action combat, it’s important that the game throws different enemy types at you, that require different tactics. I always look at Ninja Gaiden as the standard of a good action game. It doesn’t let the player button mash all enemies. Some require parries, special moves or throws to be beaten.
True but I reckon you get mauled in Stellar too

Prediction? "Nice combat, good visuals and performance, abysmal storytelling and plot, uninspired locations, at times frustratingly hard (Sekiro levels) especially when you get to the final boss. Sold astutely via fan service aka tits and ass."

Probably 70%-80%, but in reality more like 80%-90% if Journalists would finally stop to pretend they are completely woke and lower their score intentionally.

winjer

Gold Member
Likely Era lurkers.

It's not users that want this game to have a low score.
It's that people know most gaming journalists will give it a low score because of ideological reasons.

This game will probably have one of the biggest divergences between "user score" and "journalist score".

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
You get punished for doing that in this game.

freemandos

Neo Member
Difficult to say. Journalists will be nickpicky with every single aspect of the game (even if they don't go explicity about the main character's design) or they'll shallow their nonsense because it's an ps5 exclusivity.

Last edited:
Top Bottom